UnicornMaiden

ANSWERED:Unlocking Encyclopedia Info- Are these numbers correct?

I was going through my encyclopedia and looking at which entries are still incomplete when I noticed some unusual numbers popping up. In most of the breeds it will say something like "Next unlock Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 5 more hatchlings." or "Next unlock Raise 1 more adult, or observe 3 more adults." However, there were a few breeds giving me absurdly high numbers. The page for Vampire Dragons told me to raise 8 or observe 37 hatchlings. Chickens told me to raise 16 or observe 76 hatchlings. Flamingo Wyverns told me raise 19 or observe 95 more adults. There were a few other breeds with higher-than-usual numbers, but these in particular seemed extremely odd. I just want to know whether I really need to raise/observe this many just to get the next bit of info? Or is this some kind of glitch?

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 6.27.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 6.26.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 6.27.36 PM.png

That's normal. I suspect they're some of the first entries and hadn't got feedback how annoying it is to have to click hundreds for flavor text, unlike newer ones which have reasonable numbers.

It's definitely not a glitch, I remember none too fondly having to slog through the same for the flamingo wyverns:

image.png.de70ee19ea9f60b818a940c72350eac1.png

Even better?  Prior to the encyclopedia being added, I already had something like 35+ adult flamingo wyverns on my scroll.  That the encyclopedia didn't count any of them because they were obtained before it even existed.  Yeah.

Yep, some entries just have really high requirements.  The encyclopedias helpers thread with the spreadsheet and stuff is your best friend for that

Edited by KageSora

Yes - and I remember chickens. We all rushed to that scroll which has hundreds and hundreds - I forget whose, now.

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes - and I remember chickens. We all rushed to that scroll which has hundreds and hundreds - I forget whose, now.

@littleblackdog

Well, if those numbers are legit I'm probably not going to fuss about it too much. 100% entry completion has never been a priority for me, but I might spam some views when I have time to kill.

Definitely make use of the encyclopedia helpers for those high entries--you can rack views up pretty quick usually!

If you wait a month you can click on the same things and they'll count for a view again