LovelyInLace

ANSWERED:Yellow Sapphire Egg Not Appearing in Encyclopedia

In my encyclopedia, the yellow sapphire egg is still locked, even though I've raised three eggs that turned yellow. 

Your encyclopedia already counted those eggs as blue, so will not count them again when they turn yellow. You will have to view yellow eggs in the hatcheries or on other scrolls to unlock them in the encyclopedia. I never had a yellow egg on my scroll but managed to unlock them by clicking eggs in the hatcheries.

That's sadly one of the flaws with the "views only count once per 30 days" (IIRC that's how long before you can register it again) thing.

Your best bet it to lurk around hatcheries or check periodically in the "Encyclopedia Helpers" thread, people occasionally link to their eggs once they've turned.

The alternative option is to have someone else turn an egg yellow (make sure the egg had never touched your scroll), then trade/transfer the egg to you. The moment the egg lands on your scroll it counts as 1 yellow egg owned, which auto unlocks the image (1 egg owned or 5 observed unlocks the image)

If you turn your own blue egg yellow, the encyc would have already accounted for it as 1 blue owned because when you first received the egg it is blue, and thus it won't count the turned egg as yellow egg again. Teleporting it away and back don't change that either.

Both of the above statements I have attempted so I'm fairly certain about this weird mechanism lol

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

(make sure the egg had never touched your scroll)

You would also need to be sure that you had never "observed" the egg, i.e. gone to its view page. If you view it while it is on the other scroll it won't count when it gets to yours.