ech6

ANSWERED:Got my old account back

so uh... i just got back from my dad's house after staying there for a week due to me being too sick to go to school, and during that time i decided to go back to dragcave, but then realized i forgot my login info. so i just made a new one.

however, i just got to my moms house and logged into my laptop and turns out i was logged in on my laptop, not my computer. i saw a thread on this a few days ago where someone got their old account back and wanted to burn their newer scroll (delete their account.) could i get my old scroll burned? i'd like to keep my newer one instead, please. the old scroll's name is ech0wo

Kaini - that is useful to know - but I don't see it on the actual help page. Could it be added, please ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Also, @Kaini, the link to "contact us" at the top of that page just leads back to the general Help page.

Wow and I tested and it goes straight to "you've deleted...." SCARY.....! I think there should be a "did you MEAN to" before it sends the message. I'm confident enough not to worry (much) - but I would MUCH rather it said "Did you mean to click that ?" before that page saying a message gas been sent comes up !

thanks for the link, kaini!

On 10/11/2022 at 7:50 AM, purplehaze said:

Also, the link to "contact us" at the top of that page just leads back to the general Help page.

actually, at the bottom of the help page, i noticed it shows their contacts.

On 10/11/2022 at 12:59 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

Wow and I tested and it goes straight to "you've deleted...." SCARY.....! I think there should be a "did you MEAN to" before it sends the message. I'm confident enough not to worry (much) - but I would MUCH rather it said "Did you mean to click that ?" before that page saying a message gas been sent comes up !

And that's why it's low key not advertised on help, haha. But also why you can reverse.

On 10/11/2022 at 10:59 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Clicking the button doesn't delete anything nor does it tell you anything has been deleted. As both the help page and the post-deactivation page tell you, your account is first deactivated for 30 days before anything permanent happens.

There's very little risk to clicking the button since you have pretty much a whole month where you can turn back with a single click.

I realise that @TJ09, and I trust the site enough that I rather enjoyed looking at the email that resulted - but I do think newer players might be scared half to death when this hits their inbox: not everyone will go straight to the last sentence !

image.png.c02328d4893e7476dc79748a0e6bb369.png

Edited by Fuzzbucket

On kind of a different topic, where is the deletion page accessible? I know the link provided by kaini above but when I click "Help" I don't see anything that link to the link...is this page another "secret" page that is only accessible if you're involved in the community and got the knowledge from older players or mods lol

EDIT:  just checked account page and it's not there either.

to be fair I also think a popup like any-dragon-related-action-confirmation-box would be nice, though I think that should go into suggestion threads if someone really want it changed.

Edited by Moriaty

That was what I asked and kaini said it isn't there to avoid accidents..... but how else will anyone find it - especially if they aren't on forum.

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That was what I asked and kaini said it isn't there to avoid accidents..... but how else will anyone find it - especially if they aren't on forum.

This. And if they do accidentally click that link they have 30 days to fix it before it becomes permanent. Right?

Yes indeed - 30 days from when they accidentally click the link in the scary email ! (if they DON't click the link in the email it expires after 12 hours anyway. It says. That's one I am NOT testing !)