ShadowMistaken

ANSWERED:Event prep

Hi! Since this is going to be my first Halloween, I'm wondering whether or not I need to prepare (in order to get at least one of each species) or not and if so how. Thanks!

P.S. Technically I'm planning to grab at least one male and one female of each breed by the end of the week. Speedrun time..?

Red, pink, and aeon dragons are your helpers.  Remember Halloween dragons can be either gender and the AP towards the end will run below influence time. Speed run means incubate, incubate, incubate.

The more recent a species is, the harder it will be to grab. If you want CBs you'll be competing in the holiday biome for whatever shows up. If you're okay with bred ones the ap will be flooded till a good week or so after breeding ends. Some cbs will be in that mess too, but less so.

9 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

Red, pink, and aeon dragons are your helpers.  Remember Halloween dragons can be either gender and the AP towards the end will run below influence time. Speed run means incubate, incubate, incubate.

Tysm! (making a list now lmao)

Just now, DragonLady86 said:

The more recent a species is, the harder it will be to grab. If you want CBs you'll be competing in the holiday biome for whatever shows up. If you're okay with bred ones the ap will be flooded till a good week or so after breeding ends. Some cbs will be in that mess too, but less so.

Thanks! I'll be keeping an eye out in both the AP and the Cave.

The AP will definitely be your best friend for grabbing bred eggs if you don't mind that.  There'll be a large mix of lineages as well, both clean and messy.  Many of us just breed all of our holiday dragons to the AP so there's a lot there.  Slightly later in the event is usually best for incuhatchable eggs.

If you need reds or pinks hit me up, I can usually breed you anything from 2-5 gen PBs (as well as some messy lines if you don't care) as long as you have space for eggs!  (This offer goes for anybody looking to stock up a bit for prep, as long as I have space to breed :3)

50 minutes ago, KageSora said:

The AP will definitely be your best friend for grabbing bred eggs if you don't mind that.  There'll be a large mix of lineages as well, both clean and messy.  Many of us just breed all of our holiday dragons to the AP so there's a lot there.  Slightly later in the event is usually best for incuhatchable eggs.

If you need reds or pinks hit me up, I can usually breed you anything from 2-5 gen PBs (as well as some messy lines if you don't care) as long as you have space for eggs!  (This offer goes for anybody looking to stock up a bit for prep, as long as I have space to breed :3)

Tysm! I'll make sure to contact you when I need em' ^^ 

Also, once you get to a few days before the event stop any breeding or hunting you've been doing. Give any eggs on your scroll time to hatch so that you have all your slots open when the event starts.

8 hours ago, UnicornMaiden said:

Also, once you get to a few days before the event stop any breeding or hunting you've been doing. Give any eggs on your scroll time to hatch so that you have all your slots open when the event starts.

This is key--but also remember to pay attention to your total growing things!  It won't do you any good if your eggs have all hatched but you're at cap for total growing things at once and can't grab anymore eggs until something grows up.  I usually only run into this if I've been AP-hunting incuhatchable stuff and been getting real lucky finding things I want, but it's something to be aware of both prepping for and during the event--you wouldn't wanna end up unable to grab any of this year's drops due to being locked up with other stuff!

I think you can start to find if there have any red in AP (or maybe trade for some red hatchings) now. You need as least 120 for 0 cool-down. Don't use your reds after 8th if you don't have enough reds. Of course if you don't like speed run you can just take it easy : )

Oh yes, if you're looking for some zombie hatchlings, you can start to collect them around 7th-8th (catch from any biomes) or 10-11th (catch from AP). They need 7day to die and the tombstone will keep in 14 days. All hatchling fodders need to hatch before 25th.

Edited by D-wing

I don't know if anyone ever updated this to cover platinum, but planning collections, someone worked this out a couple of years ago:

With a gold trophy: (also works with a Silver trophy)
*at least 18 incubates needed*
3 on day 1 (a ) = 3/21 [3 eggs]
3 on day 2 (B ) = 6/21 [6 eggs]
3 on day 3 (c ) - the third egg later in the day and (a ) hatches = 9/21 [6 eggs/3 hatchlings]
3 on day 4 (d ) - the third egg later in the day and (b ) hatches = 12/21 [6 egg/6 hatchlings]
3 on day 5 (e ) - the third egg later on and (c ) hatches = 15/21 [6 eggs/9 hatchlings]
3 on day 6 (f ) - the third egg later in the day, (d ) hatches, and (a ) grows up = 15/21 [6 eggs/9 hatchlings]
3 on day 7 (g ) - the third egg later on, (e ) hatches, and (b ) grows up = 15/21 [6 eggs/9 hatchlings]

I'll add one more thing, because it used to trip me up: remember that Halloween stuff starts one week BEFORE the 31st!  So have all your egg slots empty by the 25th, when eggs will appear.  (And most of your hatchlings ready to grow up in the next day or so.)  Also be aware that, unlike Christmas or Valentine's, the new Halloween breed will only drop ON the 31st, and not for 3 days!  Be sure to have egg slots available that day.

There's usually fierce competition in the Cave Halloween biome for the first couple of days, so I mostly hunt the AP during the 25th-27th.  Then, once everyone's scrolls are full of eggs and hatchies, the demand usually slows down enough that I can catch some CBs in the Halloween biome.  :)  If I do hunt the Halloween biome in the early days, I concentrate on older breeds with lower demand - during that first rush it's more likely to catch a CB Lurker or Marrow, which most people have lots of, than a CB Pitfire or Iridichi that everyone and their cousin wants.   Then a few days later I can go looking for the newer breeds, when people have been distracted by breeding and AP hunting.  :) 

Good luck to you!