Aniia

Extra notification when egglocked?

I agree with Ripple_Tiger, that would have saved my bacon! And I don't feel like that would be too intrusive or slow down play. I support.

I like that notification mockup, it's in line with what already exists on the site and doesn't slow anyone down when breeding. 

9 hours ago, MissK. said:

Of course it's everyone's own fault. Would it completely take away responsibility from the user to just change the text if locked? Definitely less so than action confirmations, which we already have. Would this suggestion inconvenience you in any way that makes you not want it implemented as opposed to just being neutral?

7 hours ago, KageSora said:

Okay, and...?

Do you also think we need to remove the existing safeguards against killing/freezing/abandoning/using a BSA that currently exist?  What's being proposed here is less intrusive than those.

No to both - but there are so many things we need more - like sorting for breeding for just one example. 

29 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

but there are so many things we need more - like sorting for breeding for just one example. 

No suggestion is lesser than any other, and what suggestions we need more is very subjective and situational to each individual 

It's also up to TJ in the end. If he considers something really easy and fast to implement, it might happen before other bigger, more complicated things; or it might not. Not up too us, either way. Surely showing interest in one suggestion does not have to conflict with other suggestions. 

17 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

No to both - but there are so many things we need more - like sorting for breeding for just one example. 

The surely you must support closing down the S&R section?  Otherwise people will just continue to suggest things while there are other suggestions not yet implemented.

Arguing that we shouldn't make suggestions like this because suggestions like that have yet to be implemented is silly as there is every chance that we will never get things like sorting for breeding, because every single change is up to TJ and unless he promises something will happen on a concrete time-table, there's no reason to believe it's inevitable that he will implement something.

Personally I would REALLY prefer to NOT have that big exclamation-point box if this is implemented... That's annoying enough to constantly see if you have a sick dragon (the big colored exclamation point makes it feel like it's shouting at me, YOU HAVE A SICK DRAGON!!!! like yeah, I know, thanks!). And it's a lot more rare to have a sick dragon than to deliberately breed while locked, personally I'd get very frustrated feeling like I'm being yelled at every single time I go to breed. 

A line of text, possibly in bold, should be enough without the glaring exclamation. The arguments 'for' this suggestion in this thread mention it's not intrusive, it's just a little line of text, won't negatively impact anyone who doesn't need it.... Therefore, it should be just a line of text. 

7 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

(the big colored exclamation point makes it feel like it's shouting at me,

You can block it with an element blocker. I have done, wherever it appears - it drives me nuts ! Also the green tick on the encyclopaedia page, and others.