Firefury Amahira

"Stuff the AP" challenge 2023- US Thanksgiving week

2023 Post:

Last year's "Stuff the AP" week was a resounding success, with the collective efforts of loads of players very nearly replicating the impact of a post-holiday AP wall without the holiday. We drove AP times down from 5d+ to a mere 1d18h over the course of November 20-27th of 2022.

But I believe that we can do better than that.

So from November 19-26 (aka US Thanksgiving week), how about we give it another go? It's been a year, we all have even more dragons and even more interesting breeds to play with now. Let's take another crack at the technicolor multi-species massbreeding extravaganza to beat all massbreeds!

Got a massive single-breed army? Breed it! Got lots of carefully crafted, beautiful lineages? Breed it! Got a bunch of BSAs? Breed it! Just joined the site and only have a few dragons so far? Breed it! Got some messy inbred freeze-fodder lineages? Breed it! Prizekin, SAltkin, holidaykin and rarekin? Breed it!

Let's play a site-wide game of limbo with the AP timer; how low can we make it go? The only limit is our own carpal tunnel resistance! 

2022 Post:

Spoiler

Spawned from discussions on Discord and... well, the 2,420 eggs I singlehandedly chucked at the AP over the weekend, I have an idea to share.

We've seen it happen during holiday breeding season; come the tail end of the Christmas or Valentines events, the AP times get low. Like, really, REALLY low. People have started attempting to arrange neglected experiments on the AP because the times get THAT low. So the question I would like to pose to everyone is this:

Can the population of Dragon Cave pull that off OUTSIDE of a holiday event? Can we collectively produce so many eggs that AP times get driven down to 0?

I dunno. But it'd be fun to try, wouldn't it? (And probably result in a more colorful AP than when just some maniac with far too many blacktips and far too much free time goes bonkers. 😝 )

I'm thinking November 20th through 27th would be the best time to attempt this, since there usually isn't a new release between Halloween and Christmas. Thanksgiving week would be thematically appropriate, as we're trying to stuff the AP. Got a stupidly enormous horde of one breed? Go for it! Got small collections of several different breeds? Go for it! Clean, purebred lineages? Go for it! Messy lineages? Go for it! Song lineages? Rainbows? Xeno miscolors? The more the merrier!

Anyone else interested in joining in a free-for-all super-ultra-mega-massbreed FOR SCIENCE? 😁

Edited by Firefury Amahira
2023 update!

Hm...  I do sometimes just mass breed everything that I can for the heck of it, if I've got time during then might as well.  Give me a good excuse to test-breed a bunch of pairs for lineages and all...

PLEASE no. (I am hoping someone can catch a lost egg before it's too low to influence....)

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

PLEASE no. (I am hoping someone can catch a lost egg before it's too low to influence....)

Not right now! In November! 😅 With lots and lots of advanced warning so folks aren't caught by surprise and can prepare accordingly.

Sounds fun. I don't exactly have a massive hoard of anything specific, most I can do is 200 mints or so, but can definitely send a mix of things to the AP. Surely with 4000+ adults I can contribute somewhat. 

Hunting for low-time Christmas and Valentine's holidays is so much fun because for most breeds you know they'll be the right gender. After Halloween I usually just feel miserable because everything I grab after using up my aeons has the tendency to misgender. 😹

That said, I think I could breed at least all my available checker pairs (currently 175) during the challenge week. Maybe some nice holidaykins and other 2Gs, too, if I wish to get distracted from studying and can spend so much time looking at the screen. I try to breed my checkers to the AP every now and then, anyway, so... I just hope I remember this in late November because we don't celebrate thanksgiving in my country! 🍂❄️

Cool of you to plan this the week after I finish grad school.  I'm in! 😁

Edited by Terrafreaky

6 hours ago, Tiira said:

After Halloween I usually just feel miserable because everything I grab after using up my aeons has the tendency to misgender. 😹

This is my main argument against this idea. It breaks my heart to pick up some lovely lineage and then have it gender wrong to continue the line.

11 hours ago, purplehaze said:

This is my main argument against this idea. It breaks my heart to pick up some lovely lineage and then have it gender wrong to continue the line.

How about making a big Franken-lineage out of all of them? Lmao.

But personally, aside from the mints that will also be paired with CB metals and holidays, I'll breed a lot of PB stuff. So either gender would be fine for lineage purposes. :) 

With the Halloween wall creeping ever closer to 0, I'm getting more and more stoked for our non-holiday "FLING ALL THE EGGS AT THE AP!" attempt later this month!

24 minutes ago, Firefury Amahira said:

With the Halloween wall creeping ever closer to 0, I'm getting more and more stoked for our non-holiday "FLING ALL THE EGGS AT THE AP!" attempt later this month!

TJ tweaked the times the eggs had left to hatch last year for a week after Halloween, then came the hatched Halloween hatchling flood.

20 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

TJ tweaked the times the eggs had left to hatch last year for a week after Halloween, then came the hatched Halloween hatchling flood.

Still, that only affects holiday walls, not non-holiday egg walls. XD

Interesting, lol. I'm breeding out a bunch of xenos, since those seem interesting to breed, plus the chance of getting a Staterae haha

I think I've bred out a 5g or 6g double checker once? Not really sure.

Sign me up! Sounds fun. I don't have massive armies of dragons (aside from my 150 CB/PB Black Teas) but I will try to breed as many clean lineages as possible.