TJ09

2022-08-28 - August Dragon Release

Both species have extremely common ratios in breeding, which will impact the likelihood of producing a hybrid.

Okay, so I tried again.  I used a male Aranoa and a female Sapo,  used fertility on each of them, and got an Aranoa.  

6 minutes ago, schmupti said:

One hybrid, three Aranoas and three Sapos here.

Ugh,  very low breeding rate for a new release... I got three aranoas and one sapo, no more pairs available. I should not have bothered ditching the AP eggs I had incubating on my scroll.

At least I finally got one of the cave eggs, I have hope there!

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

Proof:

image.jpeg.311c38755c44a22851cfb8d5b8321ec6.jpeg

Breeding is not guaranteed to get a hybrid, even when first released. Obviously both the parent breeds are extremely common so are more likely to throw their own type. 

4 minutes ago, Zinogre said:

Only had 5 Sapo Dragons, so only had 5 chances for a hybrid and didn’t get one, just my luck. Time to grab all of the cave eggs instead.

I'm in roughly the same boat, except I only had four... time to collect more Sapo as I wait for the adult to get off of cooldown.

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Proof:

image.jpeg.311c38755c44a22851cfb8d5b8321ec6.jpeg

Breeding is not guaranteed to get a hybrid, even when first released. Obviously both the parent breeds are extremely common so are more likely to throw their own type. 

ty for the proof, but man that is... super annoying. 

1 minute ago, Halo--Cat said:

ty for the proof, but man that is... super annoying. 

Agreed, there really should be a significant increase in hybrid chances at the very beginning. We have new-release floods, with the *only* thing dropping being the new releases, so why are new-release hybrids so hard?

Just now, ACDragonMaster said:

Looks like both eggs are relatively rare.  Nice.  Just what we need.

I think it's far too soon to say that on the cave-drops.  Those always go super quick during releases--those are usually cleared out very quickly.  Your best bet is grabbing one on the hourly drops.

Just now, KageSora said:

I think it's far too soon to say that on the cave-drops.  Those always go super quick during releases--those are usually cleared out very quickly.  Your best bet is grabbing one on the hourly drops.

I'm basing this observation in part on how fast the hourly drop went when it started.  It was fully cleared out with several minutes to spare.

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Agreed, there really should be a significant increase in hybrid chances at the very beginning. We have new-release floods, with the *only* thing dropping being the new releases, so why are new-release hybrids so hard?

Very much agreed. 

I should not stay up late to try to get eggs, struggling to catch them because I am tired and sooo disappointed that I could not get hybrid at first release.  The really cool sprites/eggs deserve a better greeting than I am in a mental state to give at the moment.

ooo! first new release i can comment on! good to know the scaly egg is a hybrid :) i’ll have to get a sapo at some point! managed to snag the other NR from the jungle

The biomes one most likely doesn't have biome-specific variants, right? Since there are only 4 eggs. (I'm asking, it's kinda unsettling how quickly I forget this stuff when I'm not actively playing...)

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

The biomes one most likely doesn't have biome-specific variants, right? Since there are only 4 eggs. (I'm asking, it's kinda unsettling how quickly I forget this stuff when I'm not actively playing...)

It's in 3 biomes, so most likely not.  Probably different male/female sprites for both adults and hatchlings.

I caught two blue spots in the release, but still cannot breed one hybrid... They keep giving Aranoa or Sapo, but mostly aranoa.

Ooh I love these! One more from forest, got the hybrid (Aranoa male + Sapo female), I’m excited to see how they look!

lmao. I get back into Dragon cave after all these years of inactivity and I come back at basically the perfect time to grab one of the new eggs.

amazing timing lol

i finally got hybrid eggs after like 20 attempts hhh
very glad i hoard pretty much any breed

Edited by Halo--Cat