StarKaabi

ANSWERED:Blocked from making public trades?

Erm, hello. I was just on-and-off viewing the Trading Hub in the cave, and out of nowhere I just got a notification saying that I’ve been temporarily banned from making public trades and adding messages to trades? I don’t really understand what that’s about. I did not have any active public transfers at the time, and have not started any in somewhere about a week. When I do make public trades, I try to make it very clear what I want - even if all I’d like is just to swap for a different hatchling, or trade an egg for one, I am always sure to express that. The only thing I have done using my own Teleport BSAs as far as trading goes recently is gift a messy Aeon Wyvern egg to a friend via one-way transfer yesterday, so I am not exactly understanding where this came from. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

-Star

I think you should PM some of the mods and ask why you were blocked. If it was a mistake or misunderstanding from their side and you didn't actually break any site/trading rules, then surely the ban can be cancelled. At least you can have an explanation!

1 minute ago, Tiira said:

I think you should PM some of the mods and ask why you were blocked. If it was a mistake or misunderstanding from their side and you didn't actually break any site/trading rules, then surely the ban can be cancelled. At least you can have an explanation!

I think I’ll try that. ^^ Thank you!

5 hours ago, StarKaabi said:

Erm, hello. I was just on-and-off viewing the Trading Hub in the cave, and out of nowhere I just got a notification saying that I’ve been temporarily banned from making public trades and adding messages to trades? I don’t really understand what that’s about. I did not have any active public transfers at the time, and have not started any in somewhere about a week. When I do make public trades, I try to make it very clear what I want - even if all I’d like is just to swap for a different hatchling, or trade an egg for one, I am always sure to express that. The only thing I have done using my own Teleport BSAs as far as trading goes recently is gift a messy Aeon Wyvern egg to a friend via one-way transfer yesterday, so I am not exactly understanding where this came from. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

-Star

It should tell you in your trading section what message you were banned for. It's usual for it to take a week or so to hit since bans are not automatic and are reviewed by moderators before penalties are added to avoid anyone getting a false alarm.

If you used public trades to gift an egg to a friend and mentioned in the 'wants' section 'this is for x' that is likely what caused your ban - all public trades should be just that, public and for everyone and calling out one user in a trade is forbidden. You can DM me if you want to know for sure.