schenanigans

ANSWERED:Allow Prize Choice in Raffle

1 hour ago, Nalyua said:

That is why I either happily accept a prize I won or politely decline (or gift it on) instead of doing something else.

Actually, this is exactly what I interpret this suggestion to be! To me, having the option to uncheck boxes on Prizes when I enter a raffle would be my way of politely declining and gifting the egg onward to someone else who entered :) It's precisely why I'd like to see this suggestion implemented, because I want to be able to politely decline, but with a guarantee that the egg still goes to someone who fulfilled the raffle requirements.

On 6/3/2022 at 12:33 PM, UnicornMaiden said:

I remember a while back there was a suggestion for a tiered raffle. Meeting the easiest entry requirements would let you enter for a bronze prize, meeting more difficult entry requirements would let you enter for a silver prize, and meeting the toughest entry requirements would let you enter for a gold prize.

I like this idea the best.

That does make it less likely to win though. So no support on that one. To keep the chances of winning for people who don't care either way then you'd have to do seperate raffles and not tiered ones, as those would only let you compete for the 2 dragons on your tier and not all 6 if you are willing to take whatever you win.

Since if you say entering on the top tier makes you enter on all raffles sort of defeats the purpose to get a certain prize. And it does not change the fact that you cannot pick what you get anyway since for instance bronze could still mean Tinsel or Shimmer.

I do not think people being picky about it should reduce the chances of those not being picky.

Edited by Nalyua

It also means you still can't choose tin vs shimmer, I think. But I don't support it, for the same reasons as Nalyua.

Please, though, if we were to get this. let the default be just enter and take your chances. Several people have said they don't like to have to do extra clicks - and having to choose would make you have to do that - and maybe get it WRONG and enter for the wrong one - can you imagine the screaming. "I clicked x and I meant to click y no fair TJ I won an x, give me the y I meant  to click....." (so another thing - wouldn't you have to have the option to switch mid way through the month, in case that happened ?)

21 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Please, though, if we were to get this. let the default be just enter and take your chances. Several people have said they don't like to have to do extra clicks - and having to choose would make you have to do that - and maybe get it WRONG and enter for the wrong one - can you imagine the screaming. "I clicked x and I meant to click y no fair TJ I won an x, give me the y I meant  to click....." (so another thing - wouldn't you have to have the option to switch mid way through the month, in case that happened ?)

I think the proposal has been an opt-out type of thing since the beginning, with all boxes checked by default.

Still no support for tiered prizes. Just because you have time or resources to enter for the "hardest prize" does not make it any better for the people who are only able to enter based on the "lowest prize" requirements or those who like certain breeds.  It just seems restrictive. 

Also I like the "enter all" option if you don't want to select certain ones. 

4 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Still no support for tiered prizes. Just because you have time or resources to enter for the "hardest prize" does not make it any better for the people who are only able to enter based on the "lowest prize" requirements or those who like certain breeds.  It just seems restrictive. 

This is not the suggestion though, the suggestion here is an opt out situation, there are no tiers. You do the monthly raffle requirements, then you may enter as normal if you wish, or, you can uncheck a prize if you don’t want the opportunity to win the prize. There is no extra tiers or extra work involved.

2 hours ago, Astral_Skies said:

This is not the suggestion though, the suggestion here is an opt out situation, there are no tiers. You do the monthly raffle requirements, then you may enter as normal if you wish, or, you can uncheck a prize if you don’t want the opportunity to win the prize. There is no extra tiers or extra work involved.

I know what the suggestion is, but six posts up, there is someone quoting that suggestion and saying they like it. I was responding to that and the general thread suggestion.

Edited by Jazeki

9 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That's why I'd like it to be something like "all the boxes are checked by default, you UNcheck ones you don't want".

Or, possibly, have a 2-stage form.  The first stage is a button selection, with 2 choices being "enter for all prizes" and "select which prizes you want to enter for".  By default, it would be set to "enter for all prizes" and if you just hit the enter button that's what you're entered for.  If you click the "select" option, then it reveals a set of checkboxes that you can manually select which ones you want to enter for.

But, personally, I think that it'd be easier for users to just have all the boxes checked to start with and you manually uncheck which you don't want to enter for.

I also think that it'd be useful to have a confirmation screen--essentially one extra click than what we have now if you want to enter for everything, that just says "to confirm, you're entering for [everything/these specific prizes].  Is this correct?"  And you then hit enter and confirm it, or you hit back and edit your choices.

10 hours ago, Starscream said:

I like this idea the best.

This is an entirely different suggestion that would do best with it's own thread.  I'm also fully against a tiered raffle.  The entire point of this suggestion is to reduce frustration, but doing such a thing would increase frustration by making people jump through more hoops.  Also, it doesn't really solve the issue this suggestion is meant to address.  About the only people who'd benefit are people who only want a bronze of either breed.  Everybody else would be forced to jump through more hoops.

57 minutes ago, KageSora said:

I also think that it'd be useful to have a confirmation screen--essentially one extra click than what we have now if you want to enter for everything, that just says "to confirm, you're entering for [everything/these specific prizes].  Is this correct?"  And you then hit enter and confirm it, or you hit back and edit your choices.

Personally I imagined a checklist that is constantly available on the raffle page directly that users can change at any time during the month. So if you decide halfway through the month that you don't mind getting a silver prize after all, you can go in and re-check it. Checklists could be locked at midnight until 3 am on the actual day of the raffle draw, so the raffle could do its thing uninterrupted, then unlocked again once the prizes have been given out.

Also a side note, I too am against tiered raffle entries. I like the simplicity and accessibility to both beginners and veterans alike of the current one and done ticket.

Based on the discussion I'm reading, this feels like a particularly niche use case that can technically already be accomplished today. Given the nuance involved (especially the necessary realization that each "ignored" prize type lowers your chances of winning), I don't think it warrants complicating the raffle entry flow.