Queerlesbian

ANSWERED:Password "Incorrect" when it's not

Ever since signing up the site won't let me get an egg as my password is "incorrect" I know this isn't the case tho because I've copied and pasted the password exactly, and when I reset the password it does the same thing. So I'm stuck in this loop of never getting an egg cuz my password is apparently "wrong" it only effects the main home page too. (I assume getting an egg for the first time is the main home page that is) because I can still access my account and post on forums such as this one rn and my intro. 

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

One possibility, as I know this is easy to do when I copy and paste, is that you might have copied a space at the end of the password, and that could be throwing things off. Worth checking to see if that’s the issue. If not, hope someone can come up with a better idea!

The forum and the cave are two different sites. Did you use two different passwords? Might you be trying to use the forum password for the cave?

If all else fails, could you try logging out and then using "forgot password" to try and recover/reset it?  I've had to do that on various sites before.

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

If all else fails, could you try logging out and then using "forgot password" to try and recover/reset it?  I've had to do that on various sites before.

I've tried that, unfortunately it doesn't work.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

The forum and the cave are two different sites. Did you use two different passwords? Might you be trying to use the forum password for the cave?

Didn't know they were separate sites but no, I've been using the same passwords.

5 hours ago, oxoniensis said:

One possibility, as I know this is easy to do when I copy and paste, is that you might have copied a space at the end of the password, and that could be throwing things off. Worth checking to see if that’s the issue. If not, hope someone can come up with a better idea!

I checked if this was the case, it didn't but thanks

When you say the forget password doesn't work, what is the issue? Do you not receive the email, or do you not have access to that email address or?

Edit: So to get some more info, correct me if I'm wrong: you are currently not logged in on the main site and want to log in to pick eggs up. Have you definitely made an account there, or just here on the forums? As people said they are completely separate sites, signing up for one doesn't mean you're signed up for the other. I saw you said "when I reset the password it does the same thing".  What exactly happens when you try to reset your password (through the main site, not the forum)? Do you get the email as normal, set a new password, and still can't log in? 

Edited by MissK.

Have you tried actually typing it in rather than copy/paste?

12 hours ago, MissK. said:

When you say the forget password doesn't work, what is the issue? Do you not receive the email, or do you not have access to that email address or?

Edit: So to get some more info, correct me if I'm wrong: you are currently not logged in on the main site and want to log in to pick eggs up. Have you definitely made an account there, or just here on the forums? As people said they are completely separate sites, signing up for one doesn't mean you're signed up for the other. I saw you said "when I reset the password it does the same thing".  What exactly happens when you try to reset your password (through the main site, not the forum)? Do you get the email as normal, set a new password, and still can't log in? 

Apparently I never signed up for the main site, despite me signing up atleast three times lmao. Thanks it's working now! 

Glad you got it sorted out. :)