Moonlight_Eevee

ANSWERED:Replace Adventure Selection With Checkboxes

Basically what the title says. It seems like a lot of people are struggling to select multiple dragons for the BSA Adventure. My suggestion is to replace it with Checkboxes like the ones used in Teleport

Support as well, I'm lucky and have a pc to not have this problem, but I do know many people who don't and have seen them frustrated by this

Even though it is not a problem for me I will support this because of the many people who do seem to have trouble with it -- even some who are on a PC.

Support here as well! I had a lot of trouble with selection while on mobile and I've seen many others struggle, too. 

Of course I support if it makes things easier for people!

I do wonder, though, why this adventure bsa is giving some people issues when it seems to be the same set-up as the fertility or groups selection. Do the people having issues with this also have issues with the others? If not, I'd guess this is more a bug than intended.

19 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I do wonder, though, why this adventure bsa is giving some people issues when it seems to be the same set-up as the fertility or groups selection. Do the people having issues with this also have issues with the others? If not, I'd guess this is more a bug than intended.

You can only pick one dragon at a time anyway with fertility and the issues are with selecting more than one dragon

8 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

You can only pick one dragon at a time anyway with fertility and the issues are with selecting more than one dragon

I think she meant group selecting, where long-press selects multiples.

I kinda support (idk if I have the issue yet) but I see a potential problem. There are just so many things that you can teleport (24) but a player could potentially have tens or hundreds of Adventurers to select from, where the present selection fits better (if it'd actually work) like in Incubate/Fertility where you deal with same numbers.

And I'm more than sure it is a bug! I know some people reporting the problem, but ofc they have no problem with adding to groups. It should be investigated

9 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Fertility isn’t an issue as it’s just selecting one dragon, but adding dragons to groups is incredibly slow and frustrating on a tablet.

Also supporting it!

1 hour ago, camelia2 said:

I think she meant group selecting, where long-press selects multiples.

I kinda support (idk if I have the issue yet) but I see a potential problem. There are just so many things that you can teleport (24) but a player could potentially have tens or hundreds of Adventurers to select from, where the present selection fits better (if it'd actually work) like in Incubate/Fertility where you deal with same numbers.

And I'm more than sure it is a bug! I know some people reporting the problem, but ofc they have no problem with adding to groups. It should be investigated

Honestly, it's just 5 dragons you'd be able to pick from and you can search and choose the 5 that you want to take on an adventure. 

38 minutes ago, MoonlitEevee said:

Honestly, it's just 5 dragons you'd be able to pick from and you can search and choose the 5 that you want to take on an adventure. 

The thing is, many simply can’t do that. A lot of people (including me) have had problems being able to make the selection, unable to pick more than one or two extra dragons, so literally haven’t been able to pick five. So changing the format to a checkbox would solve the problem.

I know it is slow on mobile/tablet, but it IS DOABLE

You might be able to select only 5, but how many are SHOWN? On teleport you have them all shown, but is only 24! On 6 breeds, without limits, that page could be endles!

On incu/fertility/grouping you have 5? shown and scroll in the box, no endless page.

(But I postet a sugestion about changing that too anyway, by ADDING mark boxes in the SCROLLING to groups too) on short, we need a layout change to combine check&scrolling&searching on groups, breed and BSAs too, but on present layouts, a selection like that from Teleport would just add problems

Definitely support.  Also please have a checkbox for selecting which "enemy" you want to face, that kept taking me to the Encyclopedia page instead for like 10 tries before it finally started letting me select one.

24 minutes ago, camelia2 said:

Actually, no, for some isn’t doable.  Hence the suggestion. It’s not just to make it quicker or a bit easier, it’s to make it possible.

I support!! I’m on mobile and I had so much difficulty going on an adventure. I figured I couldn’t select more than one extra, so I didn’t, and then I had a lot of trouble selecting the villain because it just wouldn’t select unless I did a long press which caused issues on it’s own. Having check boxes for these on mobile would be amazing.

1 hour ago, oxoniensis said:

The thing is, many simply can’t do that. A lot of people (including me) have had problems being able to make the selection, unable to pick more than one or two extra dragons, so literally haven’t been able to pick five. So changing the format to a checkbox would solve the problem.

I was replying to the comparison TO teleport. Sorry for the confusion as I'm 100% on board (since I suggested this in the first place)

8 minutes ago, MoonlitEevee said:

I was replying to the comparison TO teleport. Sorry for the confusion as I'm 100% on board (since I suggested this in the first place)

Aah, sorry, I misunderstood! And thanks for suggesting it in the first place!

Also supporting. I've seen others struggle with this and a checkmark just seems like a good solve. Also had no clue that clicking the villain could take you to its encyclo page, yikes.

2 hours ago, oxoniensis said:

Actually, no, for some isn’t doable.  Hence the suggestion. It’s not just to make it quicker or a bit easier, it’s to make it possible.

It IS doable, we were talking about adding to groups! THAT is what you said is slow on a tablet, I agreed, but again is doable. 

Now what you don't understand is this whole situation is A BUG! Because people don't have a problem with groups, but have with this, even though is the same mechanic.

It sounds like a good idea in theory, but functionally the page could easily balloon for those who have large scroll goals like 10 of each breed or want to hoard them. If TJ does go the checkmarks route, I recommend adding limits on what is displayed:

• Limit to 6 max available dragons per breed, for a total max of 36 adventure-capable dragons
  • Hide any unavailable dragons

With the two bosses, this means the maximum dragons shown is 38, smaller than the minumum adults per page on scrolls and manageable for any device.

20 minutes ago, camelia2 said:

It IS doable, we were talking about adding to groups! THAT is what you said is slow on a tablet, I agreed, but again is doable. 

Now what you don't understand is this whole situation is A BUG! Because people don't have a problem with groups, but have with this, even though is the same mechanic.

3 hours ago, camelia2 said:

You might be able to select only 5, but how many are SHOWN? On teleport you have them all shown, but is only 24! On 6 breeds, without limits, that page could be endles!

On incu/fertility/grouping you have 5? shown and scroll in the box, no endless page.

(But I postet a sugestion about changing that too anyway, by ADDING mark boxes in the SCROLLING to groups too) on short, we need a layout change to combine check&scrolling&searching on groups, breed and BSAs too, but on present layouts, a selection like that from Teleport would just add problems

Unfortunately your comment above is largely incomprehensible, although I’ve now read it multiple times. So, 🤷‍♀️

Also, I’ve had problems with groups too, not just the new BSA. 

Edited by oxoniensis

As an alternative to checkboxes, what if the selection screen for Adventure and groups stayed the way it is, but dragons can be selected with a simple tap, without the previously selected dragons being removed? Tapping on a selected dragon again would remove it. The adventure action would only allow selecting up to five dragons, of course. A long tap or tapping with two fingers would no longer be necessary. Would that be possible, and would it solve the problem without creating new problems?

I don't know how any of this works, but it sounded to me like checkmarks are perhaps not ideal for some reason, hence I thought I should suggest this as a possible alternative? Maybe it also doesn't help at all, it seems so simple and there are probably a lot of problems that I'm just not seeing. Sorry. ;u;

2 hours ago, camelia2 said:

This is my thought. Until/unless it's officially confirmed that there are no bugs affecting Adventuring, I'd think this is a bug, no an intended feature that needs to be changed to checkboxes. Using the groups filtering stuff is slow/frustrating but *doable*, so this new feature being the only thing using this same mechanic that doesn't work... Yeah, sounds like a bug.