thisaugustday

Can't access the site

I'm having this trouble since 19th may around 21:00 MSK, the country is Russia, if it's important. When I'm trying to access the site it shows the message of connection timeout. The forum works slow, but at least it works. I tried it on my PC and mobile phone, via Wi-Fi and mobile internet, the same error.
I waited some time thinking it'll fix itself. It did, but not for long. It still works sometimes, but rarely. Then I cleaned cache and cookies, didn't work. Then I tried VPN and it gladly worked, but I hope this problem can be fixed other way.
However my russian friend doesn't have this trouble.

I would suspect it may be a part of the actions several internet companies are taking to protest about the military actions Russia is conducting in Ukraine. The fact that a VPN helps would seem to bear that out. Sorry, but you may have to live with it for a while.

If you get the same error when trying to connect to twitter and other blocked sites, then it's probably your ISP blocking DC for some reason.

?

If you get the same error for other sites, surely that's a more "global" block.

Are you suggesting that an upstream ISPs have decided to deny Russian users access to random sites, possibly without the consent of site owners? Are there any official statements made by those ISPs?
I am Russian too. If I get "PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR" then I know that's my ISP denying me access, because it's not a new thing. Internet censorship in Russia has been going on for years and twitter for example is officially blocked now.
So what I was saying is that their ISP could have accidentally blocked DC.

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

I know that many companies of all sorts all over the world are avoiding having dealings with Russia right now. There are sanctions being imposed by several countries - including the USA.  I don't know if that's what is causing this, but it is a possibility. I just said that it was possible, not that it was the case.

21 hours ago, thisaugustday said:

I'm having this trouble since 19th may around 21:00 MSK, the country is Russia, if it's important. When I'm trying to access the site it shows the message of connection timeout. The forum works slow, but at least it works. I tried it on my PC and mobile phone, via Wi-Fi and mobile internet, the same error.
I waited some time thinking it'll fix itself. It did, but not for long. It still works sometimes, but rarely. Then I cleaned cache and cookies, didn't work. Then I tried VPN and it gladly worked, but I hope this problem can be fixed other way.
However my russian friend doesn't have this trouble.

It happens to me sometimes too,  and I am in California in USA.  It gets really really slow,  and sometimes it says the connection has timed out.  We have a tech department where I work and he told me  to switch from Firefox browser to Chrome browser,  so far it is working okay.   It connects okay and everything seems okay.  I hope that yours starts working again for you.   Good luck. 👍 🍀

Brave as a browser is even better - fast and protective of your personal info. Chrome snoops - BIG time. My SO uses it and it keeps telling him he has 197 compromised passwords. Since he has nowhere near that many in total (he's not very interested in most of the web !) I find the thing untrustworthy.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I have Firefox on my PC and Chrome on my phone so I guess this doesn't depend on browser and Lost_Unicorn can be right. But I have no ideas why my ISP would suddenly block DragonCave...

Mine blocked a harmless forum by accident once.

It's also possible it isn't deliberate but that there is an issue somewhere in the network the data travels across, maybe?  It's difficult to tell where the specific issue is originating, such as your ISP or somewhere else along the way.

You could contact your ISP and see if they can help.

Have you tried a ping tracer to see where the blockage is ?