Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gwendlyne

Hullo

Hi I am Gwendlyne. I am a huge DnD nerd and I play twice a week hoping to pick up a third. I love survival sandbox video games and zombies. In fact my current favorite is 7 Days to Die.  I joined in 2009 but recently rediscovered this place after weeding through my bookmarks and decided to come back because of all the cool new things available.

Hello and welcome back! I used to love reading the Dragonlance books back in the 80s-2000s when Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman dominated the DnD writing scene. I even revisited the books when The War of Souls trilogy came out, which was my favorite trilogy by them outside of The War of the Lance. I thought the Souls trilogy tied up the original storyline nicely. I didn't really get into the DnD tabletop game, strangely. 

i tooootally forgot when i joined for the first time, it was when i was in middle school or something though. i totally lost the account and rediscovered it in 2020, then started actually playing just a little under a month ago.

i really like dnd, but i get so weird about playing. i learned to play with 3.5e, so 5e is a struggle for me sometimes, and i'm a pretty slow learner tbh. im hoping one day to run a campaign and play again, i think it'd be really fun, but for now i'll stick to listening to my friends over discord, heheh.

Thanks for all the welcomes. Looks like I am not the only one who returned after a long time!

purpledragonclaw, I don't think I read any of the Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman but I did really love the Drzzt series from R. A. Salvatore. I didn't get into DnD until I started watching Critical Role a while back.

DraconicDetective. Oddly enough I learned to play DnD in both 4 and 5e simultaneously. I got bunch of my friends together for a game and the girl DMing for us had all the 4e book already and 5e was pretty new at the time. Then right after I joined a game on Roll 20 that was 5e lol. That was one heckin struggle so I feel yah.