Shadowdrake

ANSWERED:Re-add groups to account settings

Something I'd had fogged and unfogged grew up after visiting the dragons page (which did not happen in the past and was probably a recent change given a recent bug thread). I understand this change is probably easier on the majority of cases where people want things to grow after unfogging, so I won't contest it assuming it's on purpose. However, it takes a lot more prep to get to my bolts group to stun a hatchling that's prepared to grow since both the dropdown and separate link are on the dragons page, and as a primarily mobile player I'm unlikely to remember to open multiple tabs to get around it. This would also be a problem for those who unfogged an egg that needs BSAs done on it, like influence or breed-changing actions.

Also, being able to get to groups without loading an extra page of dragons would be nice.

Edited by Shadowdrake

But even then you need to find which bolt is available - I use the dropdown available for BSA, myself.

Groups have a BSA filter too, and anyway using the dropdown doesn't help because the option is on the dragons page which grows the thing I don't want growing.

On 5/10/2022 at 4:03 AM, Shadowdrake said:

Groups have a BSA filter too, and anyway using the dropdown doesn't help because the option is on the dragons page which grows the thing I don't want growing.

I'm not sure I understand this. How does the process of getting a Bolt to Stun a dragon cause that dragon to grow? Why would you have to go to the dragon's page? Stun is done through the Bolt's action page and nowhere in that process are you opening the to-be-stunned dragon's page... I'm confused.

Okay wait, I think I get it. By 'dragons page' you mean the /dragons page, the scroll-front page? I admit I haven't followed whatever change happened there but I'm not seeing views going up at all just from going to that page. Are you saying that's what's happening now? 

Regardless of the 'whys', I fully support a link to Groups being re-added to the Account tab. It honestly is a hassle to always have to load your scroll-page in order to get to Groups, I'm often in the AP or on specific dragon's pages when I want to get to a group and having to go back to my scroll just to do that every time is annoying.

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm not seeing views going up at all just from going to that page.

Yes, /dragons page. Views don't go up but it still makes things hatch.

Groups moved to the dragons page because they relate purely to your dragons. Stuff about your dragons makes more sense on the dragons page, and is IMO clearer than the previous dumping ground of random links that the accounts page had (and, to some extent, still has). I don't plan on undoing any of that, though the site navigation will likely continue to evolve over time.