Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duskenloch

Hello from your friendly neighborhood swamp goblin!

Hey there! *waves*

I'm Duskenloch. I'm turning 24 years old this month, and I'm chronically ill. Conditions I have include: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Chronic Fainting / Dysautonomia, Non-Epileptic Seizures, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Autism, among others. I'm sure there are several I'm forgetting, and I'm constantly ending up with new ones. I'm queer, intersex, and disabled. I make art and lately I've been knitting a scarf!

I really like games with dragons, flying creatures, and survivalcraft elements. Dragon Cave doesn't provide all of those, but it does have dragons, and it looks fairly easy to play even when I'm bedbound from my illnesses. I'm still trying to hatch my first eggs right now though, so we'll see! I'm interested in writing about my dragons but I'm not sure if I will manage it.

How about everyone else? What makes you like Dragon Cave? What tips, tricks, or advice do you wish someone shared with you when you were new?

Hello and welcome! I'm glad this game can bring you some measure of joy since that's a bad list of illnesses. 

My suggestion is use fansites to give your dragons the views they need to hatch and grow up. Clicks are nice to have, since they're worth a lot of views, but it's possible for dragons to grow up without them. Here is the list of fansites you can choose from; I use Allure of Neglected Dragons, Valley Sherwood, and Silvi's Lair. I don't recommend adding your dragons when they're too young (7d for eggs), it increases the chances of them getting sick of they get too many views too fast. I don't add my dragons until around 6d7h left, and wait until they're at 5d23h left during releases or holidays when fansites get more traffic.

Good luck!

hi! its super nice to meet you! i myself have a list of illnesses, but they definitely arent the same. i end up bed-bound from a lot of mental illness stuff, but i really like pet sites and vpets (i collect tamagotchis actually) to try and keep myself accountable for both myself and my digital buddies. ofc thats different between us both, but i get it, and i personally find DC just as good to check on from my phone just as well as my computer.

yes yes, just like purpledragonclaw said, fansites help you hatch your dragons, and personally i use allure of neglected dragons, egg drop soup, daily dragon fix (requires an account), and silvi's lair. i tend to add my dragons when they're at 6d until hatching, just because i can never remember anything sooner than that. for hatcheries, i tend to open them up on my computer and leave it going at the lowest possible timer while i go about my morning getting ready for the day. if i dont do that, i turn one on before i step off to do some chores or eat a meal. i end up on my computer all day anyway, so this doesn't disrupt my routine, but ofc whatever works for you. i enjoy giving views back to the sites n all, heh.

i really check DC once in the morning and once in the evening when im on days that nothings really going on (too many eggs, waiting on cooldowns, waiting for hatching/growth). when i have more stuff going on (cooldown at 1day or less, eggs about to grow/hatch, im not egglocked and im looking for a certain dragon), i check every hour to every few hours.

personally, im a collector! i just started playing dragcave again, and really i didnt know where to go with it for a few years, but here in the forum able to get ideas and ask questions etc im enjoying it super super a lot. im wanting to sprite collect every breed of dragon i can. i'm not sure where to start with it, but that's where i find my joy. there's a variety of ways to mess around here, so poke around and see what suits you i suppose?

also, i really like organization and spreadsheets, and i.. am finding it sort of difficult to pull together now that im starting so late! ^^; if you like that sort of stuff, and you end up enjoying the game enough to want to dedicate resources to that (im a spoonie myself, so i know i definitely have to be in the mood for it as much as i like it) -- i recommend you start early :) you can always change it up later, and itll probably be easier to find everything to resort it if its already organized, yeah? but that's just me, hehe.

i hope you like the game! super nice to see you and i hope you're well.