sh20000sh

Game with unfair difficulty

There are some kind of games with unfair difficulty. These can be any shape - trolling, requires sharp controls, etc. Game itself can be Hacked ROM or fangame or even made by official tool such as SMM series.

These are some example videos of those.

Spoiler

Anyway these are feeling challenging.  Are there interested in those kinds of thing? For me, it's usually watching them rather than actually playing though.

I've always loved challenging games, although I used to play those "impossible" flash games as a kid, I eventually graduated to Lobotomy Corporation and the like.

The most challenging thing I have played (and this may not fit here, I am sorry if it doesn't ( ̄m ̄) ) is Tribulation Mode Super Adventure Box in Guild Wars 2. I spent hours trying to complete one level. And then I tell people in my guild how I am suffering and some guy goes "It's easy! I run it ever year and never die!" Lol.

Okay, this is gonna sound silly.

Animal Crossing for the Gamecube.

Getting the golden axe is IMPOSSIBLE. You have to keep your town pristine for 15 days straight, talking to the wishing well each day. If you forgot one day, tough. If you have so much as 1 weed over the limit, you're screwed and have to start over. 

The animal villagers straight up steal your stuff. If you have something super valuable in your inventory, there's a chance they state they want it, and your character will just hand it over. Then they offer you something in exchange that is usually worthless. This happened a lot with fossils.

Speaking of fossils, Blathers can't assess fossils then and there. You have to mail them off to an assessor, wait a day, and check your mail to see what kind of fossil it is.

Also, the villagers can randomly decide to paint your roof a different color, to be "nice". You don't know what color that is until you run home and look at it. If you don't like the color, you gotta check Nook's store every day until you find the color you want, and the color in the store is random. After buying the paint, you have to wait another day for Nook to paint your roof.

To get Gracie's special shirt designs, you have to clean her car in a minigame that basically makes you spam the A button as fast as humanly possible. I could never do it fast enough. You'd have to invest in a gamecube controller with turbo in order to win the minigame.

As a kid I used to play a lot of like… gimmicky Wii games. And ngl, coming back to some of them it’s just like “wow, these are BROKEN broken”.  Sometimes you’ll put it on easy/casual and there’ll be a part or two where it’s just like… idk how you expect a 10 year old to do this because this is VERY poorly executed here.  Turn it up to hard/nightmare/etc difficulty? Genuinely an actual child could never, because the experience is so broken as to be unenjoyable 

Clunky platforming, awkward combat (swing nunchuck controls that never work my beloathed), broken hitboxes… strangely nostalgic but at the same time you can tell immediately that a game was made to capitalize on a movie asap

Four Muskeeters. Left 4 Dead 2, especially when playing with bots that recklessly charge at infected like they were ones.

Add in Dead Center. You're guaranteed to fail this. No ifs or buts. This mutation seems only balanced for Advanced or maps with hold-out finales.

I think Rain World comes to mind, I've heard it described as a "NYC Subway Rat Simulator"

You take the role of a smalll prey animal in an ecosystem where just about everything wants to kill and eat you. Incredible game but it can be very RNG dependant at times

Entering a pipe? Lizard comes out and eats you. Grab the wrong pole? Get snared and eaten. Oh loook! Free pearl! WRONG. Dropwig. Touch grass? It eated me 💔

It's very frustrating sometimes but such is life in Rain World. like I said, it's simulating an ecosystem and with it comes all the underhandedness and randomness that Nature itself has

Very fun! Most of this was just me complaining about ambush predators. Highly recommend ^-^

The indie game FTL: Faster Than Light is one of my all-time favorite games despite its difficulty. It is a spaceship roguelike where the universe is quite literally against you. Took me a long time to even be able to reach the final boss, and even longer to manage my first victory... on easy. Dying means you have to start a new game from the beginning; a battle can turn bad quickly, and it often takes luck to be able to recover from a mean encounter.

It is a game where the RNG wants to eat you alive. And yet it's so satisfying to wrestle out a win despite all odds. Haven't yet found another game with quite the same vibes.