purplehaze

20 Week Breeding Challenge: 2022

@purplehaze I think my question was missed above, Can I change my goal on the dragons I am using? I switched from Red Dragons to Crimson Red Dragons. 

3 hours ago, galleri said:

@purplehaze I think my question was missed above, Can I change my goal on the dragons I am using? I switched from Red Dragons to Crimson Red Dragons. 

Sorry. I saw it but I guess I didn't realize that it was a question. :blink: Yes, you most certainly can change your goal. No problem.

so, i have all my CB Antareans now! and i only need 3 more CB Nebulas! :D

(and what do i find in the desert on one of my last refreshes? an Antarean! XD)

I need more CB eggs huh? Sigh. I didn't even think about that. lol

15 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I need more CB eggs huh? Sigh. I didn't even think about that. lol

Last year, I collected next week's eggs as I went along. It is fine if you don't have all your eggs right now.

Inbreeding is also okay! You can keep breeding your lineage to the same CB dragons repeatedly, like @Fuzzbucket did last year.

Eeep!!! Work was hectic yesterday and I totally forgot to catch my starter egg!!

Just got one now though, so unless anyone wants to trade a May 1st dated Lotaan Dragon for a May 2nd dated one, then mine will start with this one born on May2nd :)

51 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Last year, I collected next week's eggs as I went along. It is fine if you don't have all your eggs right now.

yeah, i'll be looking for my last three Nebulas as time goes on.  the first empty nebula spot would breed to my 13G Elux Lucis.

(what, doesn't everyone have their lineage alllll planned out on a spreadsheet? just me? :dry:)

34 minutes ago, trystan said:

(what, doesn't everyone have their lineage alllll planned out on a spreadsheet? just me? :dry:)

*raises hand* Me, too! Though it's hard to plan too far ahead when you don't know which egg will appear with each breeding.

5 hours ago, mxtine said:

*pokes starter egg* 

please hatch, I want to get this going😄

same- I just keep staring at my pipio egg trying to get it hatched by sheer will alone.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

yeah, i'll be looking for my last three Nebulas as time goes on.  the first empty nebula spot would breed to my 13G Elux Lucis.

44 minutes ago, Lagie said:

*raises hand* Me, too! Though it's hard to plan too far ahead when you don't know which egg will appear with each breeding.

I used 42's lineage builder instead of a spreadsheet, but I have mine planned out and I have most of my CB's already :3 I did have some hiccups with gender though so while I'm waiting for the Started egg to hatch, I have acquired more Pinks to influence as I go.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

well, i'm figuring the Nebula x Elux Lucis will be the Elux XD   i'm also figuring the the Antarean x Elux will probably be Elux as well XD  (if not, i'll just breed the pair again the following week XD 

24 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I used 42's lineage builder instead of a spreadsheet, but I have mine planned out and I have most of my CB's already

back on page 2, in my "A New Challenger Appears" post, the image i posted under the spoiler came from 42's lineage builder too. :D 

34 minutes ago, trystan said:

well, i'm figuring the Nebula x Elux Lucis will be the Elux XD   i'm also figuring the the Antarean x Elux will probably be Elux as well XD  (if not, i'll just breed the pair again the following week XD 

back on page 2, in my "A New Challenger Appears" post, the image i posted under the spoiler came from 42's lineage builder too. :D 

working with nebulas can be a right pain in the posterior to be fair, they have been testing my patience for over a decade om two of my pet projects 

I could take mine several ways so far, i breed the Lotaan to the Black.. (Newest to oldest) but do I breed for all Lotaans in the middle? or breed for the next step in the chain? or just go with whatever they give me?  There are a few dragons in the group that only give their partners egg, a holly isn't going to lay another holly in mid june for example :)

Man I hope I can get enough Venturis and Aqualis dragons. lol. If not... um... We'll make it work! ^^

4 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Man I hope I can get enough Venturis and Aqualis dragons. lol. If not... um... We'll make it work! ^^

plus check your cool down times on those BSA dragons, the week of chaos come May the 21st is not far off now ;) 

27 minutes ago, nerys said:

working with nebulas can be a right pain in the posterior to be fair, they have been testing my patience for over a decade om two of my pet projects 

i know, right?

that's why i've got it plotted that the Elux Lucis x Nebula will be the Elux. :) 

also, i posted this over in CPA, maybe i'll start looking for a Chicken in the cave, and that way i'll find my Nebulas? XD

Edited by trystan

Yeah, I am counting on all my eggs being Pyropellis, which may or may not happen. If it doesn't then I will be rebreeding the following week.

2 minutes ago, galleri said:

Ohhhhh you all are using planners uh?? :P

to some degree, in some form or another it seems lol I take it you're winging it?

Just now, IzzyCat91 said:

to some degree, in some form or another it seems lol I take it you're winging it?

I haven't gotten to the point of using the planner site yet :P

I was being silly in my earlier answer. hahaha

Just now, galleri said:

Not all of us. I just have a list of mate's breeds that I need to use to get the color progression I want for my Pyropellis Dragons.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Not all of us. I just have a list of mate's breeds that I need to use to get the color progression I want for my Pyropellis Dragons.

This is def too deep for me! lol 

26 minutes ago, galleri said:

That's okay. You do you and keep it simple. :) That is the best way to start if you are not experienced with lineages.

I think it is lots of fun as the Challenge goes on to watch all the lineages progress.

1 hour ago, galleri said:

36 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

That's okay. You do you and keep it simple. :) That is the best way to start if you are not experienced with lineages.

I think it is lots of fun as the Challenge goes on to watch all the lineages progress.

Purplehaze is right, you do things however they feel right to you :3 I just need to plan ahead or my brain will herp derp on me and then I ruin all my work lol (I have a TERRIBLE memory on top of a hectic life lol)

The important part is to have fun with it 

2 hours ago, galleri said:

You seem troubled...

I am absolutely not. I caught a blue egg on May 1st; I have lots of CB blue dragons; every few days as the project one grows up, I will breed it to one of those and influence it to be female. (and this year I WILL use fertility, as a refusal is really really annoying...)

It can be that simple - and for me, it is. My second year (I think) i messed up big time, so I decided not to go fancy ever again.