Pinkbat5

ANSWERED:Can't Ward a Sick Egg Again

I'm trying to turn a sapphire egg gold by exposing it to a lot of views, so naturally it's been getting sick. The first time it got sick, I warded it, and the ward expired six hours later. Now it's sick again and I can't seem to ward it a second time. The egg is marked as "already protected" even though it isn't– the ward expired yesterday.

Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding how the ward BSA works? Can you only do it to an egg once?

485274012_ScreenShot2022-04-13at6_42_08PM.thumb.png.c74224290e5f5b97b3e71899388944f4.png2120992349_ScreenShot2022-04-13at6_42_20PM.thumb.png.66d4a975c3e317213399d3b51fafb588.png

Also, Sapphires do not need to be bombed with views as an egg to change to yellow! They can change as hatchies without ever getting sick. As long as they get to about 4020 views or so, they will turn yellow no matter what stage they are.

Also keep in mind that if you're trying to turn it yellow in the hopes of being able to view the yellow egg for your encyclopedia that won't work, because IIRC it only counts views per dragon once (or, like, once every X days or so?).  So since you've already viewed it as a blue egg, even if you turn it yellow you won't be able to get have it count as viewing it as a yellow egg.

So it's really safest to just turn it as a hatchling, or to take a bit longer at it and raise the views more steadily than just bombing it rapidly unless you're specifically trying to make it yellow for some reason (such as trying to trade it or something)

18 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Also keep in mind that if you're trying to turn it yellow in the hopes of being able to view the yellow egg for your encyclopedia that won't work, because IIRC it only counts views per dragon once (or, like, once every X days or so?).  So since you've already viewed it as a blue egg, even if you turn it yellow you won't be able to get have it count as viewing it as a yellow egg.

Good point. That is true that it won't count. Adult dragons can count every 30 days, I believe, but eggs don't last that long.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Good point. That is true that it won't count. Adult dragons can count every 30 days, I believe, but eggs don't last that long.

That once per 30 days sounds about right, I think I've seen that mentioned elsewhere...

6 hours ago, ADN6 said:

Unfortunately you can only ward an egg once. 

Huh! I had no idea.

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Also, Sapphires do not need to be bombed with views as an egg to change to yellow! They can change as hatchies without ever getting sick. As long as they get to about 4020 views or so, they will turn yellow no matter what stage they are.

3 hours ago, KageSora said:

So it's really safest to just turn it as a hatchling, or to take a bit longer at it and raise the views more steadily than just bombing it rapidly unless you're specifically trying to make it yellow for some reason (such as trying to trade it or something)

It wasn't for my encyclopedia entry (not trying to fill that out yet), but that's good to know! I wasn't aware that the encyclopedia worked like that. Looks like I went overboard by bombing it early. Thanks!

You're welcome!  It's easy to assume you have to get it to change while in the egg, IIRC basically every other dragon that has multiple colors is set at hatching, so it's reasonable to assume you have to turn Sapphires as Eggs, too, but they're the exception.  :3