w1sp

ANSWERED:Quick q about trading

Alright, so I know that trading is a big part of the website. I understand that it works with the Teleport function for the most part

What confuses me is that none of my dragons are tradeable, I've heard only Magi dragons are tradeable.

What does that mean?

Edit: Thank you all for the replies❤️

Edited by Greyphilosopher

You have to have an adult Magi dragon to use the Teleport action, it's a Breed-Specific Action (BSA). But you should be able to offer on existing trades in the Trading Hub without your own Magi. As you can see there, all breeds are tradable (but not all eggs! Eggs purchased from the Marketplace can't be traded, and I don't think CB prizes can be, either.)

Also only growing things can be traded, so eggs and hatchlings. Adults cannot be traded. 

As has been said, you need an adult Magi to be able to trade due to it having the Teleport BSA--if you need one of these so that you can initiate trades of you own, let me know--soon as I'm not egg-locked (so, in about 2 days, give or take) I'd be happy to breed you up to as many eggs as you can hold and and transfer them to you, completely free.  (Unless things very recently changed, you wouldn't need a Magi of your own to accept them--I've bred Magi for others who needed a first one before)  Just DM me if you need one!

As for other restrictions on trading...

• CB eggs cannot be traded before 5 hours pass--same as for abandoning.
  • Dragons can only be traded for while they're available.  So even if you ask for, say, a seasonal or holiday dragon that is not currently in season you won't be able to get one at that time.
  • IOUs are informal arrangements between users--they really can't be enforced one way or the other.  They're very much an "accept at your own risk" type deal.  Not all users are willing to arrange an IOU trade.
    • "IOU" being "I owe you", as in you trade or transfer them something now on the promise that they'll trade or transfer you something else later.  Useful if, say, you're offering to breed a special lineage or very rare dragon for somebody and they can't be guaranteed to have what you want on hand whenever the dragons produce the correct egg.
  • Scroll limits still apply--you can't accept a trade or a transfer if it would put you over your limit of dragons.  If, say, you already have 2 CBs of a specific Valentine's Day breed, you can't trade for/be transferred more of them.  If you already have your maximum amount of eggs (or total growing things) you can't accept a trade or transfer for more.
    • You can, however, still trade if you are locked!  The catch is that you can only accept offers that would not go above your lock limits.  Suppose you're offering to trade one egg, and you're at your limits.  You can accept an offer that contains one egg, but you can't accept an offer that contains 2 eggs.

@HeatherMarie 

Oh, that makes a lot of sense. I was very confused as to why I couldn't do anything with my adults

@KageSora Thank you sm for the explanation 🙌

1 hour ago, Greyphilosopher said:

@HeatherMarie 

Oh, that makes a lot of sense. I was very confused as to why I couldn't do anything with my adults

@KageSora Thank you sm for the explanation 🙌

You're welcome!

Happy to help!  Also, if you'd like, there's a mentoring project to help new/inexperienced players out--though I also totally get wanting to figure out stuff more or less on your own with just the occasional question!  

@KageSora Oh yes I heard about the mentoring program and a kind soul helped me for a while, but I always felt I didn't play enough to justify having a dedicated person explain to me how something works O.o