TJ09

2022-03-28 - March Dragon Release

Oops, I forgot to hatch my ER eggs yesterday.

But the new pygmy looks so adorable as a hatchling! Looking forward to both of them, though!

For once I'm actually looking at the cave on release day. The hatchlings, and eggs that we have seen so far are really pretty!

I get the feeling that the pygmies are going to be very rare.  Because if you don't get one on the exact moment the clock ticks the five minute mark, then they're all gone and you have to wait a further five minutes.  You get one shot and only one shot per five minutes.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

1 minute ago, Lightstorm12000 said:

I get the feeling that the pygmies are going to be very rare.  Because if you don't get one on the exact moment the clock ticks the five minute mark, then they're all gone and you have to wait a further five minutes.  You get one shot and only one shot per five minutes.

That's pretty normal for new release day, especially this early on in the day. As more people get their fill they will become easier to grab, as long as older eggs don't mix in too early.

I am IN LOVE with that adorable lanky deer-like hatchie!! It chews on plants all day... Interesting. And the pygmy hatchie is short and stalky and I love it.

27 minutes ago, Lightstorm12000 said:

I was feeling a bit frustrated too, but I find it's a lot easier to grab on the hour drops. but also as the hype dies down, you'll be able to snag them definitely.

27 minutes ago, Lightstorm12000 said:

As Heather says, that's really pretty much normal. And because they are found in all biomes, each biome will have fewer of them than the ones that drop in only one biome.

Thanks TJ and spriters!  Better late than never  ;)

Ooooh. I like the spiky development on the regular hatchling. I might have to breed these with Solstices.

Edited by Jazeki

Awesome!

I expected a release yesterday, but then, I luckily didn't go breeding for lineage projects :D Today I was offline in the morning, came home, did some afternoon life, and arrived just in time for the hourly release. Imagine my surprise when I looked at the Cave and found it full of eggs I actually could catch pretty easily! (I suppose everybody already got themselves locked?) 

These eggs are pretty and the S2 pygmy hatchling is sooo gorgeous. 

But huh? The normal-size's S2 description says it has grown wings. Are there any wings I don't see?

Edited by Darth Krande

weeee there it is! and I got my 2 x 4 already, cool :D

ty TJ and spriters! curious what the prettys will be^^

TJ’s pygmy hatchlings are all female and look identical. Could that be a bug? Or is the sprite difference not female/male?

3 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

TJ’s pygmy hatchlings are all female and look identical. Could that be a bug? Or is the sprite difference not female/male?

It's not a bug, this just happens sometimes when Tj just lets the dragons just gender however. Chances are he'll adjust the genders later.

Edited by FireTail411

It’s not uncommon for release dragons to gender randomly in the post and it ends up showing off only one of the gender sometimes. Usually TJ fixes this later and they get updated. The sprite difference is almost certainly a S2 dimorphism, since if it was a biome difference or something we’d probably see the difference represented at this stage. 

Edited by animetriplicate

The hatchies are so cute, that's an interesting change for the pygmies and I just love the floral ones. I don't feel too bad anymore about stupidly breeding and catching things yesterday only to find out they needed to be abandoned the day after. 😹 Didn't manage to have all my egg slots free this time, oh well, I guess I'm quite happy with my release day pygmy pair and four floral eggs!

Ooh, loving the the hatchies, the Pygmies are adorable!

hmm, the regular egg sorts between White and Witchlights? And have purple flowers? Wisteria Dragons … ?

1 hour ago, Niyaka said:

Looking very familiar ;) 

*quietly vibrates with excitement* I love when I recognize a DR concept, so excited for these babies!! I also love that we seem to have gotten a lot more DR concepts released in the past few years (ie, ones I recognize vs ones that weren't done in DR). It's so exciting!

The pygmy colors are gorgeous, especially the male with that red... Maybe it's just my eyesight but at first glance the s2s look like they are wearing colorful little coats and that image just makes me so happy. 

Oh I know I'm gonna love these flowery eggies, haha!  (wink,wink)😉💮

Spring has sprung! Glad to see it back around with all the gorgeous and crafty items of the season. Thanks to those who made it the best Easter event!