Lost_Unicorn

ANSWERED:Rocket Badge has reappeared

After the last forum update (2021-03-13) the blue rocket badge has reappeared in user profiles and mouse-over pop-ups.

rocket.png.195f5ce9bc0ef06a23b4fd966646bad9.png

Yes, can we PLEASE get rid of that thing (again?), it's big and obnoxious and completely useless. And I say completely useless because it's a huge icon that doesn't actually do anything, it doesn't change based on level, it doesn't give any sort of info that we couldn't get from text, etc.  (Also, when you hover over it on a person that has Level-10 ranking, it actually says "Rank: Level 10 (11/11)", which... what the heck does that 11 mean? Is there a secret 11th level?)

I never saw it before but now I've noticed it, too. And I finally understand why everyone was so annoyed, eh.

Looks like the update overwrote the change I did to remove the images before. They should be gone now, presumably for good this time.

5 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Looks like the update overwrote the change I did to remove the images before. They should be gone now, presumably for good this time.

I'm no longer seeing them on a user's profile page, but they are still showing in the pop-up when you mouse over a user's name in a thread.

image.jpeg.0cac3a3bc08c5b4827b2954e78d0740b.jpeg

3 hours ago, StormBirdRising said:

I don't think I ever had one. 

You mean you've never seen the rocket badge? I *think* last time they appeared, they didn't show with certain browsers or something... You do have a badge, though:

image.jpeg.a3e01aa7edbbc0fb4ddff9e632e15cdc.jpeg

10 hours ago, TJ09 said:

THANK YOU !

5 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm no longer seeing them on a user's profile page, but they are still showing in the pop-up when you mouse over a user's name in a thread.

image.jpeg.0cac3a3bc08c5b4827b2954e78d0740b.jpeg

Ugh, yeah - but that I can live with !

On 3/16/2022 at 12:59 AM, HeatherMarie said:

(Also, when you hover over it on a person that has Level-10 ranking, it actually says "Rank: Level 10 (11/11)", which... what the heck does that 11 mean? Is there a secret 11th level?)

You start at Level 0, so there are 11 levels total. :)

I suspect that that's down to invision. It's their nasty rocket.