jJedi_Master_1

Time change

It depends on the country, though. In Germany the switch to summer time is on March 27.

I think it's that date in all EU countries. Although... I really hope we could finally get rid of the summer time and switching our clocks some year soon.

@Varislapsi

I think you are right. And I would totally love for the switch to be abolished, too.

But AFAIK the EU countries currently can't agree whether they would prefer permanent summer or permanent winter time. I think I would prefer permanent winter time as that's the "original" time, IIRC. (At least that's what I voted for when the EU set up a public vote to get some information as to what the population wants - it didn't have much participation, though, IIRC.)

@Astreya That's correct, it is the original time (unless that could differ by country...) We refer to winter time also as 'normal time' in Finland. That's what I'd prefer, too, and I've read it would be a healthier option (better for day rythm and sleep or something).

Actually it was supposed to be up to each country to decide which time they'd prefer, and the final switch was supposed to be... last year, I guess? It seems things are going rather slowly...

Edited by Varislapsi

You are very welcome for the reminder. And I wish we could have Spring Forward all year long as well.

I live in the US and I refer to winter time as the "normal" time, too. Makes more sense for my energy and sleep cycle so spring forward shakes me up a bit for a couple of days. It was super cloudy today so that kind of helped but its the end of the day now and I can really feel that skipped hour lol