ShadowMistaken

ANSWERED:Weird hidden dragon

So I use the Official Dragcave Forum Hatchery and this weird hidden fog image showed up there, but it's not on my scroll. Same thing happened when I was entering my scroll to another hatchery (Silvi's Lair) and it had the same code as the one in the forums ~code removed~.  Just wondering what it is?

Edited by purpledragonclaw
Removed code that is no longer on their scroll.

It is hidden - so you can't see it as a separate page. It isn't yours - and only the owner can actually SEE a fogged egg on its own, though if you can view their scroll you can see it there among all their other stuff.

No, you didn't. It isn't yours, and you can't add a fogged dragon anywhere. It says dragon not found because it is hidden. When you hide a dragon, other cannot see its page.

I just hid one to show you - and this is what I get: see where it says others will not be able to view this page:

image.png.6017b445e8ea18257a52314ad1f7350d.png

Now you try to view it:

https://dragcave.net/view/zZXvs

You can't - you will get exactly what you got for the one you asked about. Not found. Because when someone hides a dragon that's because they don't want people to be able to view it.

If you go to view my SCROLL, you will see the fuzz-ball, but you won't be able to add it anywhere. (Once you've seen this I will let mine out again !)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Anyone could have added it before it was hidden; the owner will have hidden it when they realised it was being added to fan sites without their consent. It will show as a fuzz-ball until the hatchery is updated. Here's a current screenie of AOND:

image.thumb.png.03e2beff466483fd105f9c5c6fc9f365.png

There are always a few in any hatchery.The owner doesn't want you to know, and it's safe now that it's hidden. Why do you want to know ? It is only the owner's business.

Indeed - now that I look at the thread it looks as though you added someone else's dragon - it's in YOUR post, though not on your scroll - without asking, and they hastily fogged it. That is Not OK.

@Fuzzbucket Are you serious? I do NOT add anyone's eggs ANYWHERE. If you're just going to openly accuse me of something like this then that's a larger problem than my question. This is supposed to be a help thread, NOT an argument or accusation thread.

Here's a link to the thread: 

That egg is in YOUR post. Take a look.

And in case you miss it:

image.png.f02449442cf2b111ea367b99adf7b910.png

That fuzz-ball has the code you quoted - and as you say - it is not on your scroll. So it isn't yours. Fact, not accusation. And as you say - it isn't your egg. But I have explained the answer to your question - a fogged egg cannot be added. So...

@Fuzzbucket I know, it's not mine, but I have absolutely no record of adding it and when I updated Silvi's Lair it was "in my scroll" and when it was reloaded the page no longer was.

Is it showing up as being on your scroll, ie in the list with all your other eggs and hatchlings, when you added it to Silvi’s Lair? If so, it sounds like a weird glitch, as that shouldn’t happen. 

ETA: just seen your edit above. That is very odd, but there are weird glitches every now and then.

Edited by oxoniensis

1 minute ago, Shadowsearcher said:

@Fuzzbucket I know, it's not mine, but I have absolutely no record of adding it and when I updated Silvi's Lair it was "in my scroll" and when it was reloaded the page no longer was.

But it IS in your post.

@oxoniensis Nope, not on my scroll and it wasn't added by me either. It just disappeared after the reload and coincidentally the same-coded fog appeared on my forum post and I can swear to god it wasn't there yesterday.

Are you completely sure it's never been on your scroll? It wasn't something you abandoned or traded or anything? 

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

Are you completely sure it's never been on your scroll? It wasn't something you abandoned or traded or anything? 

I’ve occasionally abandoned an egg, only to find it still showing up when I went to my scroll page. I’ve had to refresh again to get rid of it.

Refreshing won't do it - I can see it in their post, and I only looked at that thread because of this one - I don't use the forum hatchery at all.

If he comes to this thread he may be able to shed some light. He won't if it's closed.

It's fairly common that people will put eggs they own in a hatchery, then later abandon them. It's not an accusation of wrongdoing, it just happens. People are entirely allowed to post the dragons at the time when they owned them, and the rest of the internet doesn't automatically update when the egg gets abandoned.

Your action log should show you if you've traded or abandoned anything recently. It won't show you the codes of abandoned eggs and hatchlings, but it may help you track down what happened.
https://dragcave.net/account/actions

@Stromboli Okay so it says I received ~code removed~ from a teleport but I have no record of abandoning a egg that was from any of my teleports in my records.

Edited by purpledragonclaw
Removed code that is no longer on their scroll.

Perhaps you traded it for something else?

Anyway, since you can see that it was on your scroll at one point, that's likely what happened here. It was on your scroll at the time you updated your hatcheries, and in the interim it has left your scroll and the new owner fogged it.

Again, not a big deal, happens all the time. :) But I would recommend taking the links to it out of your posts, since it's not on your scroll presently.