opsiren

ANSWERED:Sweetlings issue

I have alt Sweetlings on my scroll and I have since they were added. However, two eggs I grabbed off the abandoned page hatched as regular Sweetlings on my scroll. One of them has grown up and is still pink. I am sure that I am not supposed to have both versions. 

Screenshot_20220220-114733_Chrome.jpg

There was a change in breeding in recent years. People with alt sweets can now have pink and black sweets on their scrolls. 

If I remember right this is intended after the recent changes - even if you have an alt scroll, the Sweetlings will grow pink if their parent is pink. So oddities like this are no longer possible, from what I understand - which is quite a shame, because they were rather unique.

image.png.4cbf776ffc27c34d12a83ac96b9911f9.png

Yeah, that changed in...2018? 19? I forget, but the last time Sweetling drama exploded.

Alt-coded scrolls now follow the lineage of the Sweetlings that they pick up, I believe, so alt-coded scrolls can now get both varieties of Sweetlings. If those pink Sweetlings have pink parents, that would be why they became pink for you.

Which means that lineages like this are no longer possible. Makes me sad because a friend and I had plans to pass eggs back and forth each year. :(

I really think it was a bad decision to make that change. I still don't feel right about allowing pink Sweetling lineages on my scroll when people with pink ones can't have the Alts. I have only allowed one to grow up on my scroll and that was because of its code.

Edited by purplehaze

Yeah I don't think anyone was actually happy with that change and i hate that it killed swap lines, but we just have to live with it now.

1 minute ago, Guillotine said:

Yeah I don't think anyone was actually happy with that change and i hate that it killed swap lines, but we just have to live with it now.

Yes, of course, and I do hope there are no more changes. It is time to put the whole mess to rest.

Ok, I had no idea. I was inactive for a few years due to life.  I will just enjoy my two pink Sweetlings!

.... An "alt-coded scroll?" How do you tell if you have that? I don't. Because I have pink Sweetlings. But I'm just curious.

8 minutes ago, Pigxels said:

.... An "alt-coded scroll?" How do you tell if you have that? I don't. Because I have pink Sweetlings. But I'm just curious.

You would have had to be affected by a glitch years ago. If you aren't aware in general, then yours isn't 'alt-coded'. Alts were given out as an apology for a glitch over ten years ago.

Regardless, this is intended behavior.