Asketil

Add a Search Bar for Finding Dragons on Scroll

Hi all!

I’ve not been active for the past few years but I finally logged back in this week for Valentine’s day. While trying to sort through my scroll to see what all I had vs what I needed to grab I came to realize there is no way to search for a particular dragon by name/breed without setting the whole scroll to that particular sort option and scrolling through every single dragon (and I have over 1800). I’d like to recommend a search function for dragons on your scroll - honestly similar to that in Pokemon Go - where you could type in the breed name or the specific name of a critter to find all that you own that fit those parameters. I feel like this would help with creating groups along with breeding ect by being able to quickly find the dragon you needed without having to have presorted everything.

So for example if I typed in “Imperial Fleshcrowne” the search should pull any Imperial Fleshcrowne dragons on my scroll and display them. 

Or potentially if I typed “Rose” the search would pull any dragon that have that word in their name or breed name and display them.

I’m curious on other people’s thoughts. 

- Ask 

This and similar has been suggested *many* times over the years. Some threads:

For now, a work-around is to use the filter for Fertility or the one for adding dragons to a Group, it does more or less what you are wanting except that you can't click directly to the wanted dragon within the filter (but at least you can see which one it is you want, even temporarily add them all to a group, etc...).

Edited by HeatherMarie

God yes! For now the best walk around is to open a small group that can't contain that derg allready (I have one for freezes and a "breed now" one I use) but is annoying and long!

This site is very limited in regards of search and this NEEDS to change SOON!

Definitely support!  As my scroll grows, finding specific dragons gets harder and harder, and the ability to apply search filters to the scroll without workarounds like groups or Fertility would be a big quality of life improvement.  Perhaps we could also get a help page to explain how search filters work - they're very helpful, and a lot of people I talk to on the forums and Discord don't seem to know they even exist.

Some sort of search feature is very much needed! I currently have over 13,000 dragons and trying to find one of them when I need to is very cumbersome.

Absolute agree! I would appreciate that being added for less trouble with breeding projects. But as a question-would it be search by name/code or by breed name?

Edited by Shadowsearcher

yep. we already have the search, should only be a small tweak to add it to other pages. maybe something that's already in progress, even.

Even just an A to Z search might help when you have so many thousands of dragons.  Early days for me - not quite at 200 yet. Also, on a mobile phone, (unless I'm missing something) there's no option to sort by breed, whilst keeping eggs and hatchlings at the top. 

Adding support. Any way to search for a dragon would be nice, even a separate search page.

Really hope this could be implemented one day. My previous workaround is to open a second tab with custom sorting where all dragons would be displayed, and I could search for names. Right now we have the groups function so sometimes I would also create a new group just to use the add dragon function to filter what I need to find.

Absolutely support. I don't even have my platinum trophy and this is already silly. Heck, even a drop-down to only show dragons of species starting with a certain letter would be an improvement over nothing. 

Edited by Fishkeeper