emetib92

ANSWERED:AP egg glitch?

I should add that once I realized what was happening, if I did pick up a low time non holiday that I needed to throw back, I first added the code to an ER. Hopefully that gave them a shot at showing up as a hatchling. I did unknowingly kill at least a few though. 😔

Interesting.

I bred my Valentines mostly at the end of breeding, and have picked up few non-holiday eggs.

My PB Pink Sapphire egg that I dumped is at 4 days now. Not too big a deal if it dies, as others often drop more valuable items.

I would hope that it will eventually hit the front, after the eggs I bred that are currently at 2d 3h get nabbed.

This will be something for people to keep in mind should they breed or dump a lot during the holidays.

If you don't want bred stuff to die, don't breed anything other than holiday eggs during the holidays.  I breed during the holidays, but I don't care if my eggs die behind the wall, either.

12 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

If you don't want bred stuff to die, don't breed anything other than holiday eggs during the holidays.  I breed during the holidays, but I don't care if my eggs die behind the wall, either.

i think the issue here is more that things still dying behind the holiday wall seems counterintuitive to the row of normal eggs (and can be intentionally abused to kill mass amounts of eggs) rather than just people being salty their things are dying. i don't think players (especially non-forum users) expect and anticipate their creatures dying in the AP when during regular gameplay AP eggs would always show up, and we're confused by this behaviour because it goes against the spirit of a game that encourages lineages and egg collection. hence why it was asked if this was a bug or not.

26 minutes ago, steeve said:

i think the issue here is more that things still dying behind the holiday wall seems counterintuitive to the row of normal eggs (and can be intentionally abused to kill mass amounts of eggs) rather than just people being salty their things are dying. i don't think players (especially non-forum users) expect and anticipate their creatures dying in the AP when during regular gameplay AP eggs would always show up, and we're confused by this behaviour because it goes against the spirit of a game that encourages lineages and egg collection. hence why it was asked if this was a bug or not.

I kind of think it was a misunderstanding issue? If TJ never cared about dying egg when implementing the normal row then we can't say it's not fulfilling its purpose. Though it is indeed a bit counterintuitive as to how the queue works, and many players (including myself before Kaini explained) assumed otherwise too, but if the original purpose of the row is never to prevent egg from dying and the current behavior is intended then this discussion is kind of over and what is happening is not a bug - we should do what random_dragon_collector said in regards to breeding during holiday and if we don't like the mechanism we should go to the suggestion thread to ask for a change instead. I personally don't care that much, but I do think some people are mad because their things are dying when they didn't expect this to happen

I'm sorry for what I posted. I was agreeing with the interesting point Terrafreaky made about heavy breeders having more AP control than before and genuinely wasn't sure if TJ was also aware. I genuinely didn't know if it might alter his statement about the AP working as intended. I'm in agreement that, as a heavy breeder, this is a new way of us affecting the AP and it feels odd instead of intentional. My post wasn't directed at any mod statements. Since this is non-issue for myself I probably shouldn't have commented at all, I'm sorry to Kaini and anyone else who felt upset by what I said. I'll bow out from the discussion.

1 hour ago, random_dragon_collector said:

It's not just about that though. From my understanding of this thread, if you breed only holiday eggs during the holidays but pick up and re-abandon a few of the last-row regular eggs, those regular eggs will go to the back of your queue when you reabandon them and they may never show in the AP again before they die, despite that last-row all showing rather high times.  Basically anything we pick up in the AP, *especially* if it's low-timed when we pick it up, is at risk of dying behind our 'queue'.  

If this is indeed how it was intended to work, I very much think it should be reevaluated. As this thread proves this is not a behavior most of us thought would happen with this mechanic, and it does present multiple rather harsh realities that seem not great for gameplay. (I have made a Suggestion thread...)

4 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

As others have pointed out, this is not the only issue. I remember people advocating for something to do because they aren't interested in the Valentine's wall and those people might be impeded by this mechanic as well. I just brought the AP time up from 4 days 20 hours to 5 days 10 hours by myself in a bit over an hour. The AP hunters probably did not want this when they were advocating for normal eggs to show up. I don't think AP eggs with 7 days were what they had in mind.

And while I do agree with Kaini that some posts may have come off a bit passive-aggressive it is a result of the same old problem: TJ not exactly being the best at communicating with the user base as a whole and TJ being just one person with god-like powers in the game but not being infallible.

Edited by MiaLily
Edit: AP now at a couple of hours within minutes. It is ridiculous.

4 hours ago, MiaLily said:

And while I do agree with Kaini that some posts may have come off a bit passive-aggressive it is a result of the same old problem: TJ not exactly being the best at communicating with the user base as a whole and TJ being just one person with god-like powers in the game but not being infallible.

Frankly, I'd call this the whole problem.

Well, I guess this will allow the neglected experimenters to continue to make them without tying up their scrolls.

3 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

Well, I guess this will allow the neglected experimenters to continue to make them without tying up their scrolls.

Sadly no, to my knowledge the ability for abandoned eggs/hatchies to turn neglected was taken away to my knowledge undiplomatically. I dont understand the complete hostility towards this mechanic- yes its intended as a ‘punishment’ but would you not consider the existance of zombies as a ‘punishment’ for straight up murdering and then foolishly reviving dragons in your care? 

Keeping on topic I agree with the stated sentiment: the core of the problem is that the new queuing system prioritises vals at any time over normal eggs. Therefore, anything grabbed by someone with a high val queue (by breeding or otherwise), is going to be stuck potentially behind dragons who may not show in the AP well after the eggs TOD. 

Its an issue mainly for those I think who want to utilise the bottom row, as annoying side effects including 7 day eggs happen.

I am a little sad, I just remembered deliberately grabbing two CB saphs to toss for someone to get a pink :( No doubt they are both dead. 

1 hour ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Sadly no, to my knowledge the ability for abandoned eggs/hatchies to turn neglected was taken away to my knowledge undiplomatically.

Really ? When ?

59 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Really ? When ?

I think @Shadowdrake knows more but I think soon around the implementation of the row? It was discussed I think in the relevant holiday thread, but apologies as I dont recall which! 

1 hour ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

I think @Shadowdrake knows more but I think soon around the implementation of the row? It was discussed I think in the relevant holiday thread, but apologies as I dont recall which! 

Yeah, I think it was taken away at Christmas because of the new egg row, but the eggs stuck behind because of what you dropped may put it back into play. We shall see.

Personally, I don't like them, but I have a turned egg on my scroll which I picked up as a 1 hour remaining egg that died within minutes of it hitting my scroll. I had it in 3 hatcheries, as I was just planning on hatching and dumping, and was upset to see that it turned and died. Perhaps it would have survived if I got it into more hatcheries. Of course, I would have had to get that thing off my scroll.

Edited by PrincessLucy