HeatherMarie

Specify 'only CBs' on 'Breed Limits' Help page

9 hours ago, ACDragonMaster said:

I could be wrong, but I THINK it did used to be that way, and it changed when the holiday limits were changed from "total limit" to "CB limit".  But seeing as they DO show up during the holidays in question, it seems odd that they aren't simply there all the time...

Not really as you can't get them outside of holiday seasons.

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But how does that help you check what you're missing outside of holiday seasons? A lot of people plan in advance for what they'll need to hunt, I sure did when CB holidays were reintroduced and I released a bunch of frozen CBs to get a second adult of each. 

On 11/18/2022 at 3:33 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Except that it IS odd.  Because it's more complicated to make it only show up during specific periods of time rather than being static, on top of the fact that, as has been pointed out several times in this thread, it inconveniences players who are trying to plan ahead.  The simpler and more beneficial option would be NOT to have some time constraint where sometimes it shows up and other times it doesn't.  If there's concern about confusion, then the holidays need only be in their own category with a header explaining what they are so it's clear that it's two separate things.

^ I would like to add that it's also extra unclear for new players. If someone joins and finds out about the breed limits page off season, they would think there are no other limited breeds at all, and then be confused when they can't pick up more than 2 CBs of a certain holiday later on. There is no indication that this information changes based on the season.