TJ09

2022-02-08 - Valentine's Day Event Schedule

So as expected, the newer breed are more rare, but I am actually surprised that Mutamores seem to be really rare, even more than Floral-Crowned and Soulstones. But I think my perception is just a bit biased because I have been focusing on them.

The past years I have been focusing on getting one of each Holiday breed from the AP, but now I am starting to only collect either "funny/good codes" (angyt, CioBE, JEIPQ, Majmz, QvOsi) or species that I like most. So I will try to focus on Mutamore, Erador and Amarignis this year. I did the same for the first time with Halloweens in 2021.

I have bred my Amarignis and kept two eggs to freeze as S1 and S2 hatchlings and I have bred my Eradors and will probably breed all uncommons later as well. (Floral, Soulstone, Sakuhana, Mutamore), but won't breed any of the commons.

2 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

So as expected, the newer breed are more rare, but I am actually surprised that Mutamores seem to be really rare, even more than Floral-Crowned and Soulstones. But I think my perception is just a bit biased because I have been focusing on them.

I do feel like Mutamores are strangely lacking in the AP... They aren't old enough to be the 'common breeds' like say Rosebuds or Sweetlings but they are old enough that I'd expect to see them more often. I've definitely seen more Soulstones in the AP than Mutamores.

I'm pretty happy with my haul so far, I *should* be able to hit my scroll-goals with Eradors this year and I'll definitely get there with Soulstones and probably Sakuhanas. Most likely not Amarignis but I've been pleasantly surprised with how many of those I've been able to get so far.

I'm about to start breeding mine. I'll breed most of my CB's for the special day though for that last round of eggs later on. :)

ETA: Just finished breeding all 41 of my Mutamore dragons, so expect a flood of those in a few days. They range in nice checkers, stairs and messies. Hope that helps. ^_^

Edited by Syiren

And of course now that I said it I'm seeing more Mutamores in the AP, lol. Always works that way. 

19 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

UGH just realized one of my Radiant Angel lines is inbred. How did I not notice this for literal years?

Inbred dragons make wonderful zombie fodder :D

55 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Might be able to help - what do you need ?

Thank you :wub: But I can fix it on my own, I just need to wait till Valentines breeding is over. 

55 minutes ago, Pinch of StarDust said:

Inbred dragons make wonderful zombie fodder :D

That's true! I wish I'd thought of that before releasing the adults and abandoning the hatchling. 😭 

Everyone have fun on this lovely adventure! Thank-you TJ and all the spriters for their splendid works this year. I'm looking forward to a new beautiful and intriguing Valentine dragon this week.

Gonna start breeding my cbs. I don't collect enough lineages to make nice ones, but I can give you guys some nice 2g PBs for starter ideas.

Are Sakuhana's actually real? I've seen 1 in the AP, missed it, and then 0 in the cave. What is happening? lol

What time will the new one release by the way? At midnight like when the clock ticks over to the new day or...? I'm lost. Help. XD I'm drowning in valentine's dragons and eggs. 

On 2/12/2022 at 2:01 PM, Shakura Kazuki said:

but I am actually surprised that Mutamores seem to be really rare

Well, I just sent 11 eggs to the AP (2g bred with blue sapphire and striped river, and 3g tercorn)

It's crazy how few newer breeds I see this year. I honestly didn't go super hard this year, even debated trying because of the sheer number of common Valentine's.

It is refreshing to see CBs still bumping around in the AP, very sweet. NGL tho with how little the cave itself has been moving makes me think egg limits might, might, need tweaked soon or something. Maybe what spawns needs mild tweaking.

I also foolishly bred a Sakuhana and Mirisia while being egglocked and I cry I little.

3 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

What time will the new one release by the way? At midnight like when the clock ticks over to the new day or...? I'm lost. Help. XD I'm drowning in valentine's dragons and eggs. 

It is already going on, they're dropping in all biomes now. Or did you mean hatch?

Edited by blah

Anyone who is doing the event -- does anyone know what the paper label looks like? 😵 its the only one I can't seem to.. see? 😵

Edited by ComatosedRoses

4 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Are Sakuhana's actually real?

No, they are a figment of your imagination. :P Just a sakura branch with paper wings and googly eyes on it.

This is probably the holiday thread with the least replies ever, lol, probably because it showed up so late.

55 minutes ago, ComatosedRoses said:

Anyone who is doing the event -- does anyone know what the paper label looks like? 😵 its the only one I can't seem to.. see? 😵

Very very little... Even harder to spot.

Spoiler

image.png.52d6e02e8fd6abd8c10d22f136698c33.png

Huh, while trying to find the flask (I always clicked the one lying down and lost tries and had to restart), I clicked Bee's breath and it was added to my "seen items" list for the day, additionally to all the right indigents for the task.

I never actually found the paper label. I must have clicked it accidentally when trying for something else. XD The game was being kind of glitchy last night.

I am a little disappointed that I have not been able to find many of the newer breeds in the AP so far. I am locked and not hunting at the moment, but I have seen very few of anything more recent than the Heartstealing dragon.