UnicornMaiden

ANSWERED:Tips for Forcing a Wild Shumoga

Does anyone have any advice for successfully forcing a wild Shumoga? I have tried many times, but every single attempt has resulted in a dead egg. I usually wait until the egg is down to just about four days and has a large hole. Is there anything I should be doing differently, or is this just a run of bad luck?

48 minutes ago, UnicornMaiden said:

I usually wait until the egg is down to just about four days and has a large hole.

Might not want to do that. In quaking trials with large holes and low times, I consistently got deaths (or worse, certain eggs eating up all my quakes without budging)

NtGJ0Pa.png.e9db75d01fc22099ef9fc6b803faeb5b.png

[spreadsheet]

In my experience, eggs with 5.5 days left and big holes, or eggs with 4.5 days left and small/medium holes (measures in unincubated times), do best at survival. Try adjusting to those times/viewcounts instead and see if that works out for you?

Edited by Lushwave
Took a clearer screenshot of stats to show what the numbers actually mean.

Agreeing with Lushwave, every single success I've had with Shumogas (and green Cantors) have been on eggs with 5 days or more. Most had less than last-stage holes, too. 

I've had successes at all stages. Even brand new eggs. Just for the record....

12 hours ago, Lushwave said:

(or worse, certain eggs eating up all my quakes without budging)

Yeah no kidding, I had a shumoga around 4 days with a big hole survive 16 whole earthquake attempts. Still died, too.

I second the recommendations for over 5 days with lots of stats, or lower time but lower stats too. There's always a risk but after having entire batches die on me repeatedly, this method got me better results.

I know I'm super late to the party lol but still wanted to share my "protocol". I wait until the egg is ready to hatch (usually rack up some - but not too many - views until it's 5 days or less, then incubate), stick it into several hatchery ER's and watch it like a hawk. As soon as the egg reaches the last cracking stage (big hole), I kill it.  So far I'm on 8 successful hatches (including 0 runaways) and 2 or 3 deaths. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I'd say this sample size qualifies as non-anecdotal evidence 😜

I also tried earthquake a few times, but the results were unsatisfactory and there was collateral damage (obviously). Personally, would not recommend.

Hope my 2 cents are still helpful to other slowpokes getting into wild Shumogas 😄