missy_

Give the Fertility BSA a 100% Success Rate for Refusals

I searched and was not able to find a suggestion on this. I apologize if this has been suggested previously.

Self-explanatory. Please make the fertility BSA 100% effective against refusals so that we don't have to worry about refusals if we use it. 

ETA: I'm not suggesting that breeding attempts be 100% successful; dragons could still show no interest or produce no egg. This suggestion is for eliminating the possibility of refusals if fertility is used.   I hope that makes sense.

Edited by missy_

Definite support. I've seen more than a few posts with 'I used Fertility why did they refuse??', so it's not clear in the first place that refusals can still happen with Fertility. Also I believe Fertility is the only BSA to have a 'total fail and wasted use' chance (except maybe EQ), like if you use Fertility and still get a 'no egg' or 'no interested' that's one thing but to use Fertility and then have a *refusal* in spite of using Fertility, what's the point? Those dragons can never breed together again and there is nothing we can do about it and Fertility was just totally wasted. 

And in anticipating of any 'that's too powerful' arguments, I don't really think it is. This change wouldn't mean every Fertility-use would result in a successful breeding, after all. It just wouldn't result in a complete ban on any future breeding of the pair (ie refusal). Using Fertility will still have the chance of giving a 'no egg' or 'not interested' message, and imo that's enough of a downside/negative outcome. 

1000% support! count me among those who didn't realize refusals were still possible with fertility. breeding is such a wild card as it is - whether an egg is produced or not, whether the egg is the breed you need, whether it is or hatches the color/variant you need. even if the bsa is changed to 100% effectiveness, i guarantee refusals will still exist in the game; a lot of times, if one partner is easily replaceable, i risk breeding without fertility. but some dragons are irreplaceable (for example, a specific "stolen on" date of significance) - and i don't see how it would hurt gameplay to have an assurance of compatibility (even if it takes years to get an egg).

Edited by miaou
i tyup gud :3

I have only had a handful of refusals using fertility on new pairs, but it is frustrating when it happens. It would be nice to be guaranteed that using fertility prevents refusal. Some pairs could still be difficult to get eggs from and that's okay -- better than impossible.

100% support. 

I don't care if it takes me years to get the right egg, I just want to know I can use it to prevent a deeply difficult to replace pair from being permanently unbreedable

Fully support!

Maybe to balance it somewhat, fertility just turns a would-be refusal into a "no interest" pair- that is, you CAN breed them and eventually get an egg from them, but the lack of interest just means it may be a bit more difficult to get them to produce the egg.

I'm not a big breeder myself, (I still have dragons from when I first joined that have never bred!) but I 100% support this. It's one thing if I get a refusal and I didn't think to use Fertility first to help, sure okay, that's my bad, and I paid the price of never getting to breed those dragons. But to still have the chance of refusal even WITH Fertility? Not cool. :dry:

Full support to this too!

To be honest, I didn't even know that after using fertility you still can get refusal on new pairs (I thought using fertility really prevents refusal), so making it really work like that could be a good idea! It's not a problem for me if I still get "No egg" after using fertility, but still getting refusal after using feritlity is not something I would expect :(

9 hours ago, miaou said:

1000% support! count me among those who didn't realize refusals were still possible with fertility. breeding is such a wild card as it is - whether an egg is produced or not, whether the egg is the breed you need, whether ot is or jatches the color/variant you need. even if the bsa ia chamged to 100% effectiveness, i guarantee refusals will still exist in the game; a lot of times, if ome partner is easily replaceable, i risk breeding withput fertility. but some dragons are irreplaceable (for example, a specific "stolen on" date of significance) - and i don't see how ot would hurt gameplay to have an assurance of compatibility (even if it takes years to get an egg).

This describes my thoughts perfectly as well!

Support. It won't affect the global play significantly (refusals with fertility have an incredible small chance anyway) but affects greatly the individual gameplay and avoids true heartbreaks ( I know of someone's 2 CB prizes refusing each other. Madning)

18 hours ago, camelia2 said:

( I know of someone's 2 CB prizes refusing each other. Madning)

Hi there! *glares at her CB prize dragons*

I honestly don't remeber if I used fertility when I tried to breed them (think I did on at least one) - but that aside, I'll agree it's a little frustrating to have a non-harmful BSA that can have a 100% fail outcome and a waste of a BSA (or two if you're someone who wants to make extra sure they used it and Fertility's both dragons even though it doesn't affect it)

No egg/no interest is more a 50% fail in my book (fail that no egg, win that no refusal)

Anyhow, full support that using fertility prevents refusal - though now I wonder:

Say fertility is used on a pair that would have refused each other otherwise for reasons, and they produce an egg. Is it possible that the next time they're bred that, if fertility is not used, that they would refuse?

I don't think I've heard of dragons refusing a previous mate but I don't breed all that often so...

If refusal doesn't occur during the first breeding, it won't ever occur. That's what I understood. So if they don't say "refused" when you first bred them, they can't ever refuse.

The only exception is holidays, since refusal is turned off during their respective holiday seasons. Those can refuse out of season to a mate yet will still produce eggs in-season to that same mate for their holiday. I hope I didn't word that too confusingly.

5 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

Say fertility is used on a pair that would have refused each other otherwise for reasons, and they produce an egg. Is it possible that the next time they're bred that, if fertility is not used, that they would refuse?

I don't think I've heard of dragons refusing a previous mate but I don't breed all that often so...

No, they will not ever refuse (even if they don't produce an egg on that first breeding). Once they have bred and not refused they cannot refuse later, but they may not ever be a dependable breeding pair -- giving more no egg and no interest results than actual successful breeding. (Or at least that is what I suspect, although there is no way to really confirm that that stubborn pair would have refused in the first place if you hadn't used fertility.)

Edited by purplehaze

Given TJ's comments on how breeding works it's likely that a pair that would have refused even with a Fertility use in the current state of the BSA would be an extremely unreliable trading partner (or rather, reliable in that they will only rarely ever produce anything but eggless results), but with a lot of dragons even a very low chance is better than no chance at all. A notable amount of dragons are either impossible or very difficult to actually replace as breeding mates...

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

No, they will not ever refuse (even if they don't produce an egg on that first breeding). Once they have bred and not refused they cannot refuse later,

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure if things had changed.

Yes please why not

On 2/2/2022 at 5:36 PM, ShorahNagi said:

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure if things had changed.

For normal pairs that's true (ie if they don't refuse the first time they won't refuse later). For holiday pairs that's a different story: even if they have already bred in season and produced an egg, it is still possible that when you breed them out of season, bang, refusal.

Absolutely support.

Imagine having a long, meticulously laid out and built lineage, and halfway through, they refuse. Even worse if it's a rare breed or, worse, from a bloodswap. You cannot just try and re-breed a new mate. Imagine the frustration. Refusals with fertility are an absolute wrench in the cogs, so this would prevent such frustration.