Liade

Sort info?

So just curious. How do y'all sort your dragons?

I've been MIA a while, and am starting to get caught up. But it's hard to know what egg/adult goes where.

Your input is GREATLY appreciated!!

~Dea/Liade

P.S. If this is in the wrong forum, please let me know! I'll move it

We all sort differently, pretty much. I custom sort mine in a weird way I happen to like. Some sort by breed; some by colour, some by age, lineage, all sorts. You are going to have to decide for yourself. There are several automatic sorts you can use, if you don't want to make a decision ! Yours seem to be by breed at the moment.

Thanks Fuzzbucket!

I wet off the Dragon Cave WIKI to get breed info. I used to do alphabetical...  But it just seems harder to find missing dragons.

Don't get old LOL

CRS (Can't Remember Scheisse lol) is an old person's claim to fame!! HeeHee

Thank you for your input!

You can always do a temporary breed sort (drop down on your scroll - it doesn't save ! That is alphabetical. The wiki isn't the easiest way to check; the encyclopaedia will do it - you can see when you hover over MOST of the shadowed ones what they are, and they are in alphabetical order.

@Liade

This seems like a discussion thread so I’ve moved it to site discussion for you 😄 (tagged you so you can easily find the thread.)

I custom sort my dragons based on body type.  "Regular" (4 legs + wings) dragons first, from ectomorphic to endomorphic.  Then by other types: Easterns, wyverns, etc.  Certain special codes and special groups (like Holly Contest dragons) come after that. 

I also built myself a "Scroll Guide" at the very end of the scroll, as a reference for myself!  Now that we have Groups, I've also made it a Group: Scroll Guide and linked it at the top of my scroll for visitors.  It contains a list of the dragon types in the order they appear, with notes on where to find some specific dragons (e.g. Prizes) , as well as some breeding reminders.

Mmm I just do breed sort, it's easier to find stuff this way (in contrast with rainbow sort, which give me a headache as to where to find my dragons). Though I really want to go back to legacy sort XD I want my valentines and halloweens together (i mean this can be achieved with custom sort as well but I'm too lazy to have to sort my growing dragons every day or two. Sometimes I wish we have a "custom sort by breed" option, like it automatically group the same breeds together when the dragons grow but you have the choice to decide where each breed go in terms of ordering

3 hours ago, Moriaty said:

like it automatically group the same breeds together when the dragons grow but you have the choice to decide where each breed go in terms of ordering

oh yes please, I'd love that! Be able to give it a list of how the breeds should sort and then then it just does that. And new breeds go at the end of the list until you sort them.

I personally just have them unsorted. So I think that sorts them by the time bred (and not when thy grow?). For reasons unknown to me it is easier to keep track of that as I seem to vaguely remember when I got which dragon at least most of the time.
And if I need to find anything more specific usually will sort by breed for a moment.
But I do have a bucketload of groups for specific lineages I work on, mates needed, different kinds of codes, lineage types, even some for things I just breed to gift/send to the AP regularly, like pb BSAs ...etc.
It's a mess and I am not keeping all that updated as much as I'd like to, but hey, it mostly works. :D

Me, I just want two things that can be added to any sort:

* always place growing eggs above growing hatchlings

* sort dragons by generation within a breed or color group  (This one's probably impractical, given the Cave doesn't always seem to deal coherently with high generation numbers, but I can wish!)

I custom sort mine basically by "release date" of species with:

-male adult

-male s2 hatchling

-s1 hatchling

-female s2 hatchling

- female adult 

- color morph/alt etc.

newest releases are on top, but right now it's a bit under construction. After the releases collection comes the release collection of holidays and original rares (dino/chicken/cheese/paper) and after those start my armies of holidays and greens, sorted by species.