Sheeana

Dead ungendered hatchies have gendered after being killed

I'm trying to get an ungendered zombie two-headed amphiptere hatchie, I had some kill slots and killed some freshly hatched dragons, ungendered, with a fairly high view count. I keep forgetting to revive them, today I checked my scroll, and I noticed that all of them have gendered after death! Same thing happened a month or so back, I thought maybe I didn't check if the hatchie was gendered before killing it. Is this supposed to happen? I haven't tried to kill hatchies in a while, usually I let them die for the zombie experiments.

Feedback appreciated!

Sheeana

Yes, ungendered growing hatchies can gender after death, though I think theyy'll become ungendered again if revived or zombified.

3 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Yes, ungendered growing hatchies can gender after death, though I think theyy'll become ungendered again if revived or zombified.

Okay is it just me or is that completely nonsensical? I don't mean that you're wrong, clearly this is happening so you're probably very much correct.  Just...why?? Why in the world is that a thing? Frozen hatchlings used to gender too, but that has been changed. I am just baffled as to the reason behind it, especially if they revert back to s1 when revived/zombified anyway. 

Edited by MissK.

49 minutes ago, MissK. said:

Okay is it just me or is that completely nonsensical? I don't mean that you're wrong, clearly this is happening so you're probably very much correct.  Just...why?? Why in the world is that a thing? Frozen hatchlings used to gender too, but that has been changed. I am just baffled as to the reason behind it, especially if they revert back to s1 when revived/zombified anyway. 

I'd assume it's another long standing likely-side-effect-from-other-functions/codes issue. As in, that's how it always was because of the way it was originally coded, and since no one brought it up it's never fixed (whereas frozen hatchling gendering was brought up and thus now has a patch that make it no longer gender after freezing)

@TJ09 in case you want to deal with this

Thank you very much for your feedback! I will try to work around this when trying for zombies :D

EDIT: I just tried reviving one of the "gendered after death" hatchies, it was successfull, stayed gendered and grew up on the spot. Good to know for future experiments!

Edited by Sheeana

9 hours ago, Sheeana said:

Thank you very much for your feedback! I will try to work around this when trying for zombies :D

EDIT: I just tried reviving one of the "gendered after death" hatchies, it was successfull, stayed gendered and grew up on the spot. Good to know for future experiments!

(I hope this is alright since it's not entirely on topic)
Sheeana, just wanted to say thank you for linking to your scroll in your siggy, it actually helped fill in some of my Zombie Dragon encyclopedia entries! Whooohooo!