Moonlight_Eevee

Display Cookies

On mobile, it's kind of a chore (not to mention it freezes up sometimes or you have to start all over upon going back) to scroll down to view any new cookies since you're having to go through a display of unsent and sent cookies before having to go through all the received cookies. Having a display case and a link to a new page might help out:

-unsent cookies: displays three cookies but clicking Unsent brings you to another page with them all/nothing if you have any
-sent cookies: displays 2~3 cookies but hitting 'Sent' lets you view them all in a new page
-Received: Displays 2~3 cookies but hitting 'Received' lets you view all the cookies you've received in a new page

I agree splitting up the cookies into new pages would be a massive help. 

Personally I like an arrangement like this:

- All unsent cookies are still displayed on the main page as they are now. 

- Sent and received cookies have their own pages, with maybe a small banners that you can click on to get to each page as opposed to just hyperlinked text.

20 hours ago, Mika said:

- Sent and received cookies have their own pages, with maybe a small banners that you can click on to get to each page as opposed to just hyperlinked text.

I like this idea. It takes a very long time to load my cookies the way it is currently set up, both on the phone and the laptop.

I don't know when it happened, but in the past two days the cookies order got flipped! ie, we now have newest sent and received ones first instead of the other way around. Still would like if there's a way to collapse all sent cookies or something like that though, I have like a few hundred sent cookies and it does indeed might be a chore for some people.

(I almost thought this suggestion would be about having cookies viewable (ie, displaying cookies) to other people because of the title of this suggestion lol)

On 1/3/2022 at 1:16 PM, Mika said:

Even banners to separate the years you receive the cookies would be cool! Like a section for 2021 cookies, 2020 etc :) 

The current display has 2 ENORMOUS issues 1. we got no ideia what year we received a cookie, and since this looks like is gonna be recuiring event we need a change

2. The enormous amount it takes for them to load. I don't think events are developed with device/internet limitation in mind (we can clearly see it in the cookie monster lag) but is something you really MUST start to consider! Otherwise it turns a wholesome holiday feature into a frustrating draining experience. I'm tired of how many times my page reload/froze/crushed because I sent and received tens of cookies. It almost feels like active users that enjoyed the event are punished... (let's forget that no new game were actually playable on mobile)

We NEED banners, we NEED separate loadings (pages) for sent/received cookies and maybe even pages that won't stress the loading so much. Display 20-25 c/page?

I don't see making art banners as something that will solve the issue of lag. Let's load MORE art assets on the page that's already struggling lol. I think pages could work, or links to cookies by year 

2 hours ago, schenanigans said:

I don't see making art banners as something that will solve the issue of lag. Let's load MORE art assets on the page that's already struggling lol. I think pages could work, or links to cookies by year 

I meant banners as in year, not artistic fancy stuff. Just a band with year written

But as I said we have 2 problems that both need solving