Swizzle

ANSWERED:Reverting adult dragons?

Hello there,

I have been a member of the site for quite a long time, but never thought I would have this issue. I typically grab 2 Christmas eggs each year with the intent to freeze one of the hatchlings once it matures. However, it seems overnight my dragons have grown up and I missed the window with which to freeze one. :( 

Has there been any BSA introduced to revert an adult dragon back to a hatchling, or will I need to wait until next year to grab a caveborn Christmas dragon to fix the mistake?

Unfortunately there is no way to turn an adult dragon back into a hatchling, so you'll have to wait until next year :(

10 minutes ago, Swizzle said:

Has there been any BSA introduced to revert an adult dragon back to a hatchling

No, sorry, that's not possible.

Just now, 0x08 said:

Unfortunately there is no way to turn an adult dragon back into a hatchling, so you'll have to wait until next year :(

Darn, that sucks. But correct me if I'm wrong, it is now possible to grab previous years holiday eggs from the holiday biome so I could still get one CB?

If you have 2 CBs you can't get another. But if you release one of the ones you have, then, yes, you can. Next year.

Regardless of your preferences on building your scroll (and I understand for some/many, they are very ritualistic, specific and *must* meet certain conditions/requirements for your needs/wants - I have my own compulsive rituals), I would always recommend letting the first (2) on the first year to grow to adult. Here are a few reasons why:

1. A. During the first year, you might get various very nice CB Dragons (Prizes, Metals, dragons you love - but especially Prizes, you never know) that you want to breed the CB Holiday with. It is very possible it will then reject the first mate. If you want a non-Holiday offspring, you really will want that CB backup.

B. More often you might get a 2G Prize or other prize lineage you love and want to be able to continue it without changing the mate. Two will let you extend it out 1-2 Gens. (and yes, people still like low Gen 3G Clean Prize lines.)

2. We can now collect unlimited amounts of Non-CB holidays, which a lot of people use instead to complete their "freeze" vs. adult collections.

3. There are multiple Holidays (SnowAngels, but more specifically Pitfires and Aegis) have multiple alt versions. If you want/need a "complete" collection, you will want that second adult.

4. But if you are compelled that it must be a CB offspring to freeze for your scroll collection and you don't really do much else, don't really breed, trade, gift, build lineages, etc., that is OK! Because you will have had a year to think about it and be certain that is what you want to do, release the original CB, get a new CB, and then freeze the hatchling next year. But it really kinda stinks to find out there might have been a completely valid reason you really wanted 2 Adults because we usually learn a lot about the dragons *after* they grow up, and then regret it for a year and have time to really think your preference through. Because it is pretty normal for play style and the game to change over time. It is so different from - totally just a few years ago, I'm so young! It has changed a lot, and I've changed a lot tons of times.

I hope some of this gives you a potential positive spin on what may be an answer you may not liked, although at least you have the option vs. in the past, you'd just be stuck. DC is also always changing, so maybe there is an increase (even slight) in the number of Christmas/Non-Halloween Holiday CB Dragons you can have. Then you can have your 2 Adults and a frozen hatchling too. Not saying you should start a campaign for this, but you just never know what might change or added or other that provides another answer to your situation. Keeps it fun and exciting!

Edited by Natayah

58 minutes ago, Natayah said:

Regardless of your preferences on building your scroll (and I understand for some/many, they are very ritualistic, specific and *must* meet certain conditions/requirements for your needs/wants - I have my own compulsive rituals), I would always recommend....

I appreciate your perspective on this. I will take time to consider this (I've got a year after all to do so) and see what happens next holiday. Thank you.