Jump to content
Lycanious

[Open] Voyages of The Vanished - A Survivalist Space Adventure

Recommended Posts

Voyages of The Vanished

This roleplay has a Discord, and most of its information and discussion can be found in better detail there.  Please PM me, Lycanious, for the invite link if you wish to join. I can also provide a link to the Google Doc with world building information, if you want to take a look at that before deciding on whether to join the Discord or not. Lurkers and those just curious about the RP, but not sure whether they want to join yet, are also welcome!

This is an open roleplay and cooperation on fleshing out the world, its plot, and its characters is highly encouraged.  


Introduction

 

[INITIALIZING…1 LIFEFORM DETECTED. ACCESSING UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE DATABASE…]

 

[ERROR. ATTEMPT EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS PROCEDURE.]

 

Frel’skiir? Elsei? Hello?

 

[RECOGNISED LANGUAGE DETECTED.]

 

It would appear that you are fluent in one of the default languages of our local database. You are one of the lucky ones. Or unlucky, given the circumstances. Ha ha ha. That was an attempt at humour to lighten the mood. Did it work? Our Empathy Programming appears to have been [ERROR] but we will assume yes. Before we continue, please confirm you are alive for our status report. Are you alive?

 

> YES…?

 

Excellent. Just wanted to check. That injury looks very cumbersome. We would recommend you cease being injured as soon as possible. We are 24.2% certain that someone from the Infirmary can fix that for you.

 

> CAN I GO TO THE INFIRMARY?

 

No. The path is blocked due to damage in the outer hull. Some parts of the ship are currently uninhabitable. Unless you are a species capable of surviving in the vacuum of space. Are you a species capable of surviving in the vacuum of space?

 

> NO

 

Then no, you can not leave yet.

 

> WHAT HAPPENED?

 

Before we inform you, please do not panic. Panicking is bad. We remember that from the emergency response procedures guidebook. Can you confirm that you will not panic?

 

> NO

 

Understandable. We will first play some soothing tunes to lower your stress levels.

 

[NOW PLAYING - ZITA-GAXX FLUTE ARCHIVES - MOONLIGHT BREEZES BY XORALL-DAXIRR]

 

[ERROR. MUSIC DATABASE CORRUPTION.]

 

We hope that you are now sufficiently relaxed. We can now inform you that the Captain is deceased. In fact, approximately 75% of the crew and visiting species are now either deceased or critically injured. The Observer was attacked by an as-of-yet unknown entity. We currently do not know its motivations, nor how it was able to breach past our security defences with such ease.

 

> WHERE ARE WE?

 

Unknown. Our sensors were badly damaged in the attack. We were warped to an unknown region of space by the Chyrillian outside of the ship - but we have been unable to communicate with her since the incident. We are currently uncertain whether she is still alive, and recommend a medical expert inspect her when possible.

 

> WHO ARE YOU?

 

We are Ship Designation ECHO CLASS #203954-442, The Observer, speaking to you. You can just call us ‘Echo’ if that is easier for your species to remember. We would prefer you do not use the deceased Captain’s designation of ‘Useless [TRANSLATION ERROR]-ing Machine’.

 

> WHAT SHOULD I DO?

 

That depends on your available skillset. We are badly damaged, and our chances of survivability are approximately 2% unless we can stabilise vitals within 24 cycles. If you have any skills involving the repair of the ship or its crew, we would request that you do not allow yourself to be deceased until after the stabilisation period.

 

We will now bring up the available logs, attempt to best inform you of your situation, and advise you of the next steps from here.


About Voyages of The Vanished

‘Voyages of The Vanished’ is a roleplay centred around a collection of aliens that have been stranded on a spaceship known as 'The Observer'. Many of these characters are new to the galaxy, beings from worlds that have only just discovered life on other planets, and this ship could very well be the first time their species has ever stepped foot off the planet. Other characters may be the last, lingering remnants of the ship’s crew, or a visitor that only intended to drop by to greet the brand new members of The Cosmic Alliance.

 

Whatever the reason your character may have had for being on The Observer, their main objective is now survival. Something went horribly, horribly wrong during The Awakening of Planets ceremony, and though the crew at first tried to downplay the issue The Observer was soon plunged into darkness and devolved into chaos as an unknown entity began to rip it apart. Between frantic reports of surrounding ships being destroyed, The Observer nearly met the same fate until it was abruptly warped far, far away from the carnage.

 

Rendered unconscious from the emergency warp, characters are now beginning to wake up on a ship barely keeping itself from falling apart. Many crew members and visitors alike have perished in the disaster. Power is gone and remaining supplies are dismal, putting the survivors on severely limited time unless they can either figure out how to fix the ship or somehow steer it to safety.

 

But even if the remaining survivors can fix the ship, the emergency warp has landed them in an uncharted area of the galaxy. It’s going to be a long journey back home for any of them, assuming there’s still a home to go back to.

RP Rules
1. No godmodding or powerplaying.
2. Be civil and considerate towards other players.
3. There is no time limit for posts.  However, I encourage players to please let the Discord know if you'll be absent or unable to post for a while.  After a month of inactivity, if there is no word from the player than other players will be permitted to continue on without the absent character/s. These characters won't be removed from the story (unless requested by the player), but they may be shifted to off-screen NPC statuses until the player returns.
4. Please join the Discord, it's where most of the discussion will take place.


About The Cosmic Alliance

History

Founded approximately 400 years ago, The Cosmic Alliance is a respected force in the galaxy and spans over 500 planets. The primary focus of its members is to create an intergalactic union of planets for defensive and economic purposes, and it is noteworthy for taking in younger worlds under its wings in order to protect them from less benevolent forces out in the universe.

 

Though its early roots established a strict ‘no interference’ policy in regards to the pre-space age civilisations it protected, in more recent years The Elder Council Members have been pushing harder and harder to waive this rule entirely. They cite the importance of growth as their core reasoning, claiming that it creates a more equal playing ground for pre-space civilisations and allows them access to better health, resources, etc that the Council is happy to provide. There are rumblings of critics, however, ranging from claiming that the Council is ‘well-intentioned but interfering’, to outright accusations that the sudden shift in policy indicates a much more sinister intent behind them.

About The Observer

The Observer (Designation ECHO CLASS #203954-442) is a prized spaceship of The Cosmic Alliance. It is an enormous structure, designed to house 100s of crew members and play host to 1,000s of passengers. The ship is considered to be the central hub of any activity regarding the scouting out and subsequent First Contact procedures for new planets. As a result, it houses dozens of small, shuttle-like ships intended for 1-4 passengers which are sent out to explore nearby planets while in orbit range and orientates itself around creating comfortable environments for its inhabitants to dwell in.

 

The ship itself is considered to be a Neutral entity towards other forces and suited more towards exploration or discovery than battle. As a result, most of its defences revolve around strong shielding - focused more on resisting damage while it tries to flee the threat or signal a distress call to allied ships. It does come equipped with laser-based and projectile weaponry, but when ranked against other ships in The Cosmic Alliance Fleet its offensive capabilities are considered average at best.

 

Rooms aboard The Observer are highly versatile, and designed to try and accommodate the needs of a huge variety of species in the best way it can. At peak condition the temperature, breathable atmosphere and lighting of almost any room can be adjusted with ease within minutes and emergency filters and survival packs are available near most doors. Most passengers can rest assured that, in an emergency situation, these filters and packs should be able to sustain them for up to three cycles before needing to be recharged and refilled.


Echo

‘Echo’ is the nickname given to The Observer’s AI. Under normal circumstances she is responsible for automating many of the ships functions and daily routines, auto-pilot navigation, and providing information or helpful features to the crew aboard. Though by default she is calm and stoic, she has several ‘Personality Aspects’ to her programming which are tailored more specifically to certain areas or functions. Many of these have become damaged in the incident.

 

More information regarding these Personality Aspects will be added as it is revealed during the roleplay.

Ship Layout

Observer_Map.thumb.png.fabb929db1bac1d862e16eab502cedad.png
 

Ship Roles

Due to the recent disaster, many of these roles currently lack the proper members of the crew to fill them and are instead being run by Echo to the best of her ability. Existing crew members may have been forced into unexpected promotions or required to take up multiple roles. Out of desperation Echo has even started to turn to the surviving passengers to see if she can find unexpected help among them.

 

Roles may be added or adjusted over the course of the Roleplay, as new opportunities or requirements pop up for the crew. 

 

Please note that these roles are not hard, static positions but more of an indicator of expertise and to see where some support may be lacking, etc. It will be possible to have characters shift around to different ones, take multiple roles, or otherwise come up with unique ones as the roleplay progresses.

 

Admin

Captain - Open (Temporarily assumed by Echo)

Quartermaster - Open

 

Security

Head of Security - Zikvien Vizis-Tevika-Gaktiel

Security Staff - Aezsaa of the Mountain Glades

Security Staff - Liang Yimo

Security Staff - Marlow

Security Staff - Virgil Cerullo

 

Medical

Medical Doctor/Surgeon - Dr. Morr’Gahn Acheron

Medical Assistant - Heather Lydotre

 

Engineering

Computer Engineer - Dr. Minerva Malakou

Cybernetics/Robotics Engineer - Archnoble Isilynor Tralamin the III

 

Research

Head of Science - None Yet

Agricultural Scientist - Aezsaa of the Mountain Glades

Astrophysicist (Studying) - Asterodia

Biologist (Terrestrial & Virology) - Finn von Wolfgang

Head of Computing & Mathematics - Dr. Minerva Malakou

 

Resource Management

Head of Resource Management - None Yet

Resource Manager - Odrin Ovandiir

Resource Manager - Sheldikrill of Krulviir

 

Other Roles

Communications Expert - Archnoble Isilynor Tralamin the III

Chef - Odrin Ovandiir

Entertainer - Virgil Cerullo

Entertainer - Rosaline

Pilot - Asterodia

Scout - Beetraxill of Drinscraal

Ship AI Emergency Avatar - Heather Lydotre

Ship Emergency Navigation / Piloting - Blue

Xenoanthropologist - Sheldikrill of Krulviir

 

Players & Characters

 

Character Sheet

Please fill this information out into a Google Doc, and submit it to the Discord. Note that reference images are encouraged, but not necessary.

 

Name:

Nicknames/Titles:

Species: (Note: If new, please also submit info for the Species Compendium)

Ship Role: (Feel free to suggest other options beyond the list provided)

Gender: 

Age: (for the ease of the RP, years are measured in ‘cycles’ but are roughly the equivalent of 1 Earth year)

Height:

Appearance:

Personality:

Character Summary: (A short paragraph summary for the master doc)

 

Species Sheet

If your character is a new species to the world, please also include this information on the Discord.

 

Species Name:

Classification: (A rough species definition e.g. ‘aquatic mammal’)

Average Lifespan:

Average Size:

Diet:

Planet of Origin: (Please include a brief description of the planet)

Physical Description:

Culture & Society:

Species Summary: (A short paragraph snippet summary for the master doc)

Lycanious

 

Zikvien Vizis-Tevika-Gaktiel

Species: Zita-Gaxx

Ship Role: Head of Security

Gender: Female | She/Her pronouns

Age: 27 cycles

Height: 6’10” ft

A no-nonsense, introverted reptilian recently forced into a leadership role after the death of most of the security team. Despite her species’ appearance Zikvien is considered to be a gentle giant among the crew, providing you don’t give her reason to have to leap to their protection.

 

Marlow

Player: Restricted | Lycanious

Species: Mjiorian

Ship Role: Security Staff

Gender: Gender-Fluid | He/Him or They/Them pronouns

Age: 22 cycles

Height: 5’4” ft

A lively and boisterous being, who seems eager to make a name for himself as a respected security officer. He is a new recruit to the security team, having only been aboard The Observer as his first job for about a month prior to the incident. Marlow is the sibling of Asterodia, with whom he seems to be close to despite their conflicting personalities.

 

Archnoble Isilynor Tralamin the III

Species: Sylphiel

Ship Role: Linguistics Expert | Engineer

Gender: Agender | They/Them pronouns

Age: 25 cycles

Height: Normal - 6’1” ft | With Cybernetics - 6’6” ft

Heir to the throne of one of six noble families on their home planet, a talented linguist, and determined to remind others of both of those facts constantly. Isilynor can usually be found somewhere on the bridge arguing over the conditions of the ship and the fact that no one around here ever seems to have an inch of respect for them. Isilynor is probably right.

 

ValidEmotions

 

Aezsaa of the Mountain Glades

Species: Draxiek

Ship Role: Civilian | Security Staff | Agricultural Scientist

Gender: Demi-Female | She/Her and They/Them pronouns

Age: 29 cycles

Height: 6’0” ft

A fierce-looking, soft-hearted extravert that would rather see others enjoying the bounties of her gardens than anything else, Aezsaa has hopes to explore and experience the numerous worlds. Especially if it means she can discover new flora and fill her journals about them.

 

Heather 'Dot' Lydotre

Species: Cyborg | Human-born

Ship Role: Civilian | “Avatar” of The Observer | Medical Assistant

Gender: Non-Binary | She/Her and He/Him pronouns

Age: 22 cycles

Height: 5’6” ft

A disillusioned individual who’s on the verge of becoming a nihilist. Dot would rather drown in his work and complete whatever mission was set up for him by his council than figure out a more meaningful sense of purpose for himself.

 

Eto

 

Liang 'Momo' Yimo

Species: Yuegengjian

Ship Role: Security Staff

Gender: Male | He/Him pronouns

Age: Appears ~90 cycles (Actually older than the Cosmic Alliance)

Height: 5’3” ft

A fugitive Yuegengjian known only as the Hongyijun, Momo has many regrets and a mysterious past. He is passionate about equal opportunity and rightful justice, but often has doubts as to what that actually entails. He has complicated feelings about his homeland, and can be prickly at times.
 

Doctortear

 

Finn von Wolfgang

Species: Garou

Ship Role: Biologist (Terrestrial & Virology)

Gender: Male | He/Him pronouns

Age: 32 cycles

Height: 5’9” ft

A curious and happy-go-lucky Garou who’s friendly demeanour may be surprising to those who learned of his involvement in the overthrowing of his country’s former government. Despite his involvement in such a massive overtaking, Finn’s demeanour is most comparable to that of a Golden Retriever. He’s highly curious about different cultures and very excited to meet new people, animals, plants, and cool looking sticks.

 

Mikasa361

 

Virgil Cerullo

Species: Human

Ship Role: Security Staff | Entertainer | Resident Himbo

Gender: Male | He/Him pronouns

Age: 22 cycles

Height: 6’2” ft

A strong, extroverted young man who doesn’t seem to have much going on in his brain. He was sent to another ship following an interspecies relationship found out by a very bigoted human captain. His lack of brains is made up for with his brawn and intense loyalty to his crew. He is also an excellent pianist, and will use that to boost morale whenever necessary.

 

Dr. Sapphielle Ianpeiros

Species: Koshka-el’fiyka

Ship Role: Medical Doctor | Surgeon

Gender: Female | She/Her pronouns

Age: 25 cycles

Height: 4’11” ft

Dr. Saphielle Ianpeiros is a young doctor who takes her work very seriously. Her aim is to make sure any crew on any ship she works on remains strong and healthy. However, she doesn’t seem to be very keen on discussing her background.

 

NPCS

NPCs differentiate from PCs in that they do not require full profiles, and are intended to be drop-in characters as needed by the roleplay. Some NPCs are controlled specifically by a player, while others are marked ‘open’ and, thus, can be controlled by anyone as the situation fits. PCs and player-owned NPCs can be swapped out at any time with a player’s current roster, and there is currently no limit as to how many of either you can have.

 

Asterodia

Player: Restricted | Lycanious

Species: Mjiorian

Ship Role: Civilian Pilot | (Studying) Astrophysicist

Gender: Gender-Fluid | Currently She/Her pronouns

Age: 24 cycles

Height: 5’0” ft

A qualified ship pilot, and studying to become an astrophysicist before the incident. Asterodia is generally seen as an irritable sort of being, and has been known to pick endless fights with other crew members when she believes she is in the right. Her left eye is missing and has been replaced with a noticeably artificial one, complete with a few extra filters and scanners for enhanced vision and data collection. She is the sister of Marlow.

 

Beetraxill 'Beatrix' of Drinscraal

Player: Restricted | Lycanious

Species: Ix-Ruulka

Ship Role: Scout

Gender: Female | She/Her pronouns

Age: 51 cycles

Height: 4’2” ft

A feisty and confident woman, who once made a living exploring old, abandoned ships and structures and scavenging resources to sell or recycle for further use. She now functions as a scout for the crew when exploring new areas, helping them locate key resources of interest or making deals with any new faces they may stumble across. Happily married to ‘Shelley’ for almost a decade.

 

'Blue'

Species: Chyrillian

Ship Role: Civilian | Navigator

Gender: Unknown | She/Her pronouns

Age: Unknown, suspected to be +1,000 cycles

Length: Approx. 1,000’ ft | Blue-bot - 3’6” ft

An enormous, ship-sized leviathan responsible for saving The Observer from its doomed fate. Blue currently tows the ship behind her in her travels through space, and interacts with the crew through a small, robotic avatar aboard it.

 

'Dr. Shivers'

Player: Restricted | Lycanious

Species: Pteratrix

Ship Role: Doctor | Biologist

Gender: Non-Binary | They/Them pronouns

Age: Appears ~25 cycles (Real age unknown, but ~200 cycles)

Height: 6’7” ft

A high-spirited, eccentric doctor and surgeon with questionable qualifications. Several reports from those familiar with them claim that ‘Dr. Shivers’ has become increasingly harebrained and chaotic in their behaviour since the incident, but continues to do excellent work as a medical officer.

 

Dr. Minerva Malakou

Player: Restricted | Lycanious

Species: Human

Ship Role: Head of Computing & Mathematics

Gender: Female | She/Her pronouns

Age: 26 cycles

Height: 6’3” ft

A recently-graduated doctor, who has been assigned as the new Head of Computing & Mathematics due to the death of her mentor. Despite being human Minerva grew up on several ships over her life and has never seen Earth, though hopes to visit one day. She is well-known amongst the older crew members as a passenger on The Observer since she was a young teenager. Minerva was born legally blind, and primarily navigates with the aid of sensors that she wears as bracelets and as a headband. She additionally has Hagall, a raven-like robot that functions as both an artificial intelligence companion and an extra aid to her diminished sight.

 

Odrin Ovandiir

Player: Restricted | Lycanious

Species: Bo’grul

Ship Role: Resource Manager | Chef | Bartender

Gender: Agender | He/Him pronouns

Age: 427 cycles

Height: 5’9” ft

A tall, easy-going Bo’grul who was running the local bar before the incident. Odrin is considered by many to be a charismatic and friendly sort of man, sympathetic to the woes of his patrons and always willing to lend an ear for them. He shows some scarring along the left side of his face, arm, and wears a prosthetic left leg from about the knee down. The story behind how he lost the leg seems to change each time he’s asked about it.

 

'Rosaline'

Player: Open | Any Player

Species: Hexathelidian

Ship Role: Entertainer

Gender: Agender, She/Her pronouns

Age: 25 cycles

Height: 5’8” ft

An all-around entertainer, who tends to drift between ships a lot within the Cosmic Alliance. She fancies herself a superb actress, and makes frequent use of her shapeshifting abilities to take on various roles when on stage.

 

Sheldikrill 'Shelley' of Krulviir

Player: Restricted | Lycanious

Species: Ix-Ruulkaa

Ship Role: Resource Manager | Xenoanthropologist

Gender: Female | She/Her pronouns

Age: 54 cycles

Height: 4’0” ft

A somewhat scatter-brained, but none-the-less brilliant woman who is currently helping the ship keep track of resources and divide them out as appropriate. Shelley is a qualified xenoanthropologist, and interviewing new recruits on behalf of her studies was her reasoning for being aboard The Observer at the time of the incident. She forms a search-and-gather duo with her spouse, Beatrix, on behalf of the crew. Her impressive collection of ancient human media and literature now forms a significant portion of The Observer Repository.

Edited by Lycanious
Updating info

Share this post


Link to post

Beatrix.png

Beatrix

Location - Storage, Portside

Characters - Finn

 

I think I’m going to be sick.

 

The last thing that Beatrix remembered was hearing an alarm blare through the ship, and then scrambling backwards against a wall as the violent lurches of the ship shook hundred of large containers from their shelves. Her surroundings were dark and claustrophobic now, her head dizzy from the myriad of strange, pungent odours that flowed into her nostrils. Groggily, she rubbed at her eyes and blinked around once more, giving them time to adjust to the low lighting. She realised she was situated under a shelf that had been ripped from the wall, spared only by the fact it had hit the wall further above and formed a small pocket of safety below it. 

 

Beatrix gasped for a breath she hadn’t realised she had been holding, then felt it morph into a dry cough. After clearing her throat she noticed a gap to the side of her, only just wide enough for her small, ix-ruulkan body to crawl through it.  Her head felt unusually light on one side from the movement, and after a brief inspection of the ground beside her she realised this was because half of one of her horns had snapped off. She winced, but none-the-less moved towards her escape, gritting her fangs together as what she assumed was a now-sprained ankle ached in protest. As she cleared the first shelf she came to a small gap on the floor surrounded by more overturned shelves, and grimaced at the thought of what had slammed into the ship so hard as to knock so many of them from the walls.

 

Was the rest of the ship like this?

 

Overcome with a newfound panic, she smacked the palm of her hand against her Communicator. Beatrix hissed under her breath as the cracked screen flickered and struggled to show her a clear image. [ “Activate Audio Mode.” ] A pause. A stutter. But finally a jingle played indicating the device was now listening to her audio and she began to bark commands at it.

 

[ “Contact Shelley!” ]

 

[ “ERROR. LOCAL COMMUNICATION NETWORK OFFLINE.” ]

 

Beatrix growled out a string of profanity, borrowing from an impressive array of Earth-based dialects. Dragging a claw down her face briefly, she then drew in a sharp breath and looked around at the numerous overturned shelves and scattered supplies. Shards of glass crunched beneath her boot as she stepped forward and unfurled her glossy wings of vibrant yellow. By no means did Beatrix have the stamina to be capable of true flight, but she still considered herself to be an athletic individual and could manage short, fluttering bursts to reach higher places. It was enough of a boost to let her clear the first pile of broken shelves, scrambling her way up to the top of the debris. 

 

Beatrix winced as she took in her surroundings, seeing little more than a sea of more destruction and ruined supplies. We must have hit something. Fretted the ix-ruulka. She turned her head, spying one of Echo’s numerous screens that lined the ship, and slid down the other side of the shelf to address the AI. [ “Echo! I need a status report.” ]

 

No response. 

 

[ “Oh for the love of- DOES NOTHING WORK AROUND HERE!?” ]

 

Beatrix scrambled for a nearby, cracked container on the ground and hurled it across the length of the room. Assorted paperclips scattered from the hole in its surface as it sailed through the air, landing with a semi-satisfactory THUNK! sound against the wall opposite of her. Beatrix’s eyes widened, as the container then dropped onto a crumpled heap of clothing she could see partially sticking out from behind another series of shelves.

 

[ “Oh ****, Hey! Dog-Breath!” ] She called, now half-leaping, half-limping her way over to the other individual. She’d forgotten she’d seen a garou skulking around the storage room moments before…whatever it was that had just happened. [ “Hey? You alright?! Don’t you dare be dead on me!” ] Demanded Beatrix, as she grabbed him by the shoulder and shook him roughly back and forth.

 

 

---

 

 

Isilynor.png

Archnoble Isilynor Talamin the III

Location - Sparky’s Repair Store

Characters - Dot

 

The sylphiel leaned back, inspecting their work with a faint grimace. Even though they were convinced they had now stabilised the other individual, it was still a grizzly sight before them. Flesh was charred and bits of metal melted from what seemed to be a system overload for the fellow cyborg. Evidently human technology was still somewhat…simplistic. And did not afford the same sort of protection from such things as their own, beautifully-crafted cybernetic enhancements.

 

Though, granted, Archnoble Isilynor Tralamin the III’s cybernetics were currently not in a very presentable state either right now. Both of their extra set of mechanical arms were broken, snapped and twisted at the elbows. The extra arms had done their job magnificently though, and spared their owner from being otherwise crushed by a collapsed wall when they had been knocked into it from the impact. Isilynor’s mechanical wings were not in much better shape. One still stretched and flared on command as they moved about, but the other merely shook in its limp positioning and emitted a jarring, clicking sort of sound whenever they tried to fan it out. 

 

Still, Isilynor supposed they should consider themself lucky that most of their cybernetics were mere extensions at this point in their life. Unlike the human before them, who would most certainly be dead if not for their brilliant mind and the good fortune to have collapsed in the middle of a repair shop.

 

Isilynor had little idea what had happened, and quite honestly found themself in a sort of auto-pilot mode since they had awoken. Something deep and despairing bubbled away internally, practically screaming at them to properly absorb their disorganised surroundings or summon extra help but for now Isilynor had locked it all away to be dealt with at a later point in time. The human hadn’t had the time for them to wait for a medical or cybernetics expert. From what the sylphiel had discovered they could tell that the automation system was all but fried, it’s last lingering remnants concerned with fighting just to keep its owner alive by timing the beat of his heart and the rhythm of his breathing.

 

Now, the human was being sustained by several wires that connected the circuitry near his heart to the nearest Echo monitor. Isilynor trilled in a self-critical manner at the sight. It was neither a practical nor elegant sight to behold, but it was the best they could do for now given the circumstances. They’d just have to convince the human to sit tight until they could figure out a way to make the whole setup more…portable…perhaps.

 

“Is everything to your satisfaction now?” Asked the sylphiel in perfect omnispeak. A yellow, eye-like shape widened then narrowed on the screen before the voice of Echo answered them back.

 

“IMPRACTICAL,”

 

Isilynor snorted in response.

 

“BUT SUITABLE IN THE SHORT TERM. I HAVE NOW FOUND A STABLE AUTOMATION PATTERN FOR LYDOTRE, AND WILL CONTINUE TO RUN IT PROVIDING I REMAIN CONNECTED.”

 

“Hmph, good. Now for the ‘fun’ part.” Grunted Isilynor. They rose to their full height once more, their talon-shaped boots whirring and clicking to keep them properly steady despite their stilt-like nature. “Awaken, human.” Commanded the sylphiel, now reaching for their sceptre and prodding the end of it against the tip of the human’s snout several times.  “The quicker you awaken, the quicker we can find out if we’re the only survivors on this ship or not.”

 

 

---

 

 

Marlow.png

Marlow

Location - Arcade

Characters - Blue-Bot | Virgil

 

When he had been paged to deal with a minor incident in the Arcade, Marlow certainly had not been expecting anything particularly eventful to happen. By all accounts it was to be a routine visit, deal with some cranky guest who’d just bet away their life’s savings and bring them back to the brig to cool off if they got too rowdy. The team hadn’t even bothered to send more than one staff member to check out the situation, and one of their newest staff at that.

 

When Marlow had entered the scene though, and realised it was a xolgard of all beings that he had to deal with, his immediate thought was to call for backup. He distinctly remembered ducking behind one of the arcade machines and whispering into his communicator for Virgil Cerullo - or ‘Verge’ to be specific, that he needed to get to the Arcade as soon as possible. Man was too pretty, after all. It was about time to earn his first scar or five to brag about in the pub after-hours and a xolgard was exactly the sort of alien that’d be all too glad to help him out.

 

Marlow hadn’t waited for him, instead at least trying to do his job right and resolve the issue by talking civilly to the 8ft tall, acid-spitting minotaur that was threatening to tear a nearby guest from limb to limb for daring to look him in the eye. Needless to say though the xolgard was not in the mood to chat, and soon enough Marlow found himself drawing his retractable holo-shield and barking for the guests to evacuate as he dodged around a hurled Arcade machine.

 

The last thing Marlow could remember was trying to crawl his way up a nearby wall, only for the xolgard to grab him by the scruff of the neck and throw him back down onto the ground. The mjiorian had hit the floor pretty hard, and as he stirred back to consciousness he found himself wondering how he hadn’t been torn in half already. Blue eyes blinked open, dazed, but soon sharpening with focus as Marlow sprung back up onto his webbed feet once more. Ignoring the pain in his shoulder he turned hurriedly on the spot, panicking, only for the emotion to drain from him once more as he absorbed his surroundings. The Arcade was dark and silent now, casting an eerie sense of wrongness due to the sheer fact it was always abuzz with brand new games and machines and the visitors that enjoyed them.

 

He was confused, to say the least. Had the xolgard done something to the power…? Marlow frowned, realising that the hulking mass several paces away from him was, in fact, his attacker. The xolgard was knocked out cold onto the floor, though seemed to be breathing at a steady pace and otherwise showed no signs of obvious injury. Or at least, none that Marlow could make out in the dim lighting left behind by the emergency lights lining the walls. He edged closer, debating internally whether he should call the Medical team or just more security staff to...

 

Oh no. Was that Virgil?

 

A very fleshy, rather pale arm that looked to be human was sticking out from under the beast-like alien. Marlow immediately rammed into the side of the larger alien to roll him to the side, and succeeded, only to cry out as a sharp pain shot through his shoulder from the impact.

 

[ “Oh…oh that was really, really dumb of me.” ] He lectured under his breath in mjiorian, doubling over to bare the brunt of the pain and hissing out-loud until it would fade to something more manageable. Still wincing he squinted back over at the vague, humanoid shape he could now see more clearly and tried to roll them over with a nudge from their foot. Out of habit he switched to omnispeak, of which he was pretty fluent in thanks to both of his dads insisting that he and Asterodia learn it at a young age.

 

“Verge? Verge is that you? Please tell me humans are more durable than they look.”

 

 

---

 

 

Odrin.png

Odrin

Location - Gardens

Characters - Aezsaa | Merryblossom

 

[ “Oh that’s uh…that’s a bit of a problem.” ]

 

Odrin hummed as he stared at the enormous tangled of vines he had somehow awoken in, courtesy of the enormous Living Tanglewood that he had been inspecting moments before…whatever…had actually happened to land him in this situation. There had been a huge shudder that had run through the ship, enough to knock several aliens off of their feet, and Odrin had the vaguest memory of something akin to a laser slicing itself across the fields of the garden they had all been peacefully enjoying. Everything else, however, was a mere blur.

 

He tried to glance up, but the vines surrounding him blocked his view of the ceiling too much to assess the damage. Odrin could still breathe and hadn’t been pulled into space, though, so he assumed that the hull itself hadn’t been breached at least. Or at least, that’s what he assumed was meant to happen when a laser carved through a good portion of your ship. Odrin had never been one to invest too much of his time into studying astrophysics.

 

[ “Merryblossom?” ]

 

Several vines twitched, indicating that the sentient plant had heard him addressing them. A few of them started to part, a vine ending in a closed flower bud snaking itself towards him and then opening up to reveal a set of antennae-like growths sprouting from within.

 

[ “Do you know what happened?” ] The flowerbud trembled slightly then tilted, indicating that Merryblossom wasn’t entirely sure what Odrin was asking. He sighed, now wriggling back and forth to try and wriggle out of the plant’s grasp. Merryblossom reacted in kind, finally unravelling her various vines and letting him drop to the grass and vine-covered floor with a shaky thud. Odrin found himself disorientated, but thankfully was otherwise unharmed. Evidently Merryblossom had attempted to shield the half-a-dozen or so visitors to the Garden, and had wrapped up several other visitors in a thick, almost impenetrable nest of vines before anchoring them to the wall. If he squinted, he could make out movement in one or two of the other vine clusters, presumably other passengers that were beginning to awake.

 

Odrin glanced back up at the ceiling and tilted his head in thought, realising that there was no damage that indicated a series of lasers had run through the metal. Odd. Nothing on the walls either, unless Merryblossom was electing to hide the damage from him.

 

[ “Anyone badly hurt?” ]


More confused swaying from the plant, and it occurred to Odrin that his ULD was down. He shifted to omnisign and repeated his question, remembering a handful of useful signals he had picked up over the decades of working for the Cosmic Alliance. Merryblossom perked up, finally understanding, but then drooped again to signal their distress with the answer. Vines further along the wall began to part, revealing what appeared to be a Draxiek before she fell to the floor.

 

 

---

 

 

Shivers.png.d7bf2fd86a86c3c80f5f04419a37d814.png

Dr. Shivers

Location - Medical Labs, Dr. Shivers' Office

Characters - Dr. Ianpeiros

 

Patient conscious. Feeling and movement remains in all extremities. Pain in head, near the antennae region.

 

A tall, moth-like alien in their usual lab attire lay against the floor and wall of their office. Their recent moments were a heavy blur to them, recalled only in snippets of standing idle in the centre of their room, flicking through their screen for some test results, and then being thrown into the shelved walls beside them when the ship violently lurched to the side. They had been curled up in a heap for a while now, dizzy and not daring to rise to their feet until they could guarantee that they didn’t require immediate medical attention.

 

They twitched their antennae, then instantly regretted the choice of action when it sent a sharp jolt of pain running through the right-most one. Groggily they started to attempt to stand, all four of their hands gripping tightly at the legs of their desk and the shelves bolted to the wall for support. Eventually, they managed to steady themself by leaning heavily against the surface of their desk. They snapped their eyes shut and took a deep breath. Shivers knew they had a mirror, somewhere. The doctor pawed about on the desk until they, finally, felt their claws catch on the tip of the handheld device and dragged it closer to squint weakly into its surface. 

 

Sure enough, their left antennae was poised and held its semi-alert position as they inspected their face. The other was a mere stump, presumably snapped off near the base when they had crunched it between their skull and the wall beside them. Shivers turned and searched for it upon the ground, baring their fangs in displeasure upon spying the antennae near the spot they had been lingering in. Like any other injury, they had little doubt that they would recover from it in time. But it was still going to be a dizzying, miserable few weeks for them until it would grow back enough to balance them out once more.

 

Steadying themself against the surface of their desk, Shivers took the time to check for any other injuries of concern. A few bruises here and there, and their head sure still ached, but for a pterartrix that was less of a concern than for other species.

 

Speaking of other species though…

A voice came through on their communicator, but it was heavily distorted and in a language they didn’t recognise. Shivers frowned, and switched their attention down to the ULD device wrapped around their wrist. A red light blinked slowly on and off in it’s corner, signalling that either the database was down or that the device could no longer connect to it. They felt the fur along their mane bristle in an anxious manner. 

 

“Is…injuries? Yes?” They called into the communicator, doing their best to remember the bits and pieces they had picked up of omnispeak but having a vocabulary that was mostly limited to the medical industry and perhaps a few useful phrases. No answer. Or at least, if someone was answering them they couldn’t hear the reply.  Shakily, they tried to step away from their desk. They managed about three steps towards the door before they found themself tilting and swaying in an uneasy manner, and had to lean against the wall for better support. 

 

[ “Oh…oh  this is not useful, no, no.” ] They huffed in frustration. Then, a new thought sprung into their mind. They had a recollection of another doctor wandering about in the lab a bit earlier, the koshka-el’fiyka if they remembered right. Was she still here? And was she alright, for that matter? A new knot of worry started to settling in their gut, but the doctor still eased themself out of their office bit-by-bit using the wall and furniture for support.

 

[ “Doctor…ack…Doctor Stern Freckles Koshka-el’fiyka?” ] Called Shivers while slurring as they poked their head out of the doorway, notable pauses peppering their words as they struggled to string together coherent concepts in pteratrixian common. Names were a concept that simply did not exist in their species, and Shivers was absolutely woeful at remembering them no matter how hard they tried. Even the names the Cosmic Alliance had tried to assign to them were difficult, with only the nickname ‘Shivers’ finally sticking because it felt more like the descriptors they were familiar with.

 

Oh, right, the database was down.

 

“Doctor…um…” A chitter of annoyance, as they tried to work around their very limited grasp on omnispeak. Eventually they gave up trying to find any words they could successfully translate and opted to instead repeat the cry for "Doctor!" as they started to drag themself down the hallway to check her office.

 

Edited by Lycanious

Share this post


Link to post

Finn von Wolfgang

Location: Storage - Portside

Crewmates: Beatrix

 

Back home, there were only a handful of aliens that roamed within Imperium space. Garou, being naturally adventurous, had to design every facet of their life to accommodate for that. Since few aliens had to cater to everything from public spaces to buildings and ships were designed with garous' natural curious instincts in mind. Finn was aware of this. He had been lectured on it several times before arriving at the CA and then reminded an additional time when he boarded the Observer. Finn should have remembered the lectures when he entered the storage room to look for a box of syringes, he definitely should have remembered it when his attention was drawn towards a shiny, metal bin, and he really should have gotten his head out of the gutter both literally and metaphorical when he shoved his head into the bin to sniff a discarded candy wrapper. All in all, having your head shoved all the way into a trash bin was probably not the best situation to be in when the ship you're standing in violently lurched forward.

 

Finn had been lucky enough to have the nearby metal shelves fall on top of him. It kept him from being thrown around the storage along with the hundreds of containers and canisters that were now strewn across the floor, but it also made it hard to scramble out from under. Finn blinked his eyes slowly to adjust to the now dark room. He sniffed the air, his nostrils flaring as he took in a nearly overwhelming amount of new scents. Many of the containers in the storage room had likely been forced open during the event. Their contents were now likely scattered across the ground. Finn prayed silently for whoever had the misfortune of having to clean up once the dust had settled.

 

Ignoring the pain from his aching body, Finn did his best to wiggle out from underneath his makeshift den. The shelves creaked as he pushed against them, letting out a final loud squeak as he clawed his way out under them. Finn inspected his body for injuries. The poor lighting made it hard to identify what sticky liquids were damping his clothing, but he could detect a mix of unknown scents and the familiar, coppery scent of blood. Finn patted himself down gently. A sharp sting emitted from wherever his hands touched. With his whole body aching and a haze clogging his mind, it was impossible to tell where exactly he was hurt. He'd probably need someone more qualified to look him over anyway. Finn huffed in disappointment. That was fine, he thought as he pushed himself onto his knees, he could head to the infirmary later. Maybe he could even get one of those sugary little circle sticks after the appointment!

 

A box flew past Finn's head, shaking him out of his lollipop fantasy. He jolted at the sudden sound. The source of the sound soon revealed itself in the form of another crewmate standing no more than a few yards away. Finn's tail started wagging instinctively. The crewmate started shouting at him in some unknown language before marching her way towards him. Finn's tail wagged even harder as she grabbed his shoulders and began shaking him violently all the while screaming. How exciting!

 

"Hewmo, m'awm!" Despite talking in omnispeak as best as he could, Finn's words were muffled beyond recognition. Finn's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He opened and closed his mouth several times only to find a strange, sweet taste on his tongue. His eyes widened in realization. He still had the candy wrapper inside his mouth! He had already been chewing it before the accident happened. Finn's happy surprise quickly turned into concern as he remembered that there was someone else in front of him. Oh no, was she going to try and snatch the wrapper out of his mouth? It wouldn't be the first time someone from the CA had to try to pry something out his mouth or tell him to repeatedly "drop it". It was already in his mouth! He wasn't going to let go of it!

 

Completely forgetting the severity of the situation, Finn began chewing the wrapper in a panic hoping that he could swallow it before someone tried to yank it out of his mouth.

Share this post


Link to post

V8aC22fl.png

[VIRGIL CERULLO : SECURITY]

[LOCATION : ARCADE]

 

He'd been hanging out in his quarters with a lovely gal named Rosaline before his communicator went off- "Verge? Hey, Verge?" The voice was whispering. "Y're gonna need to come to the arcade. Like, ASAP."

 

In response, Virgil had rolled his eyes and groaned, knowing it was going to be one of Those Days. He'd quickly thrown his shirt back on, quickly escorted Rosaline out of his room, and made his way to the arcade in a hurry. Looks like I'm not getting anywhere with anyone today, Virgil thinks to himself as he keeps walking over. Cracking his knuckles, Virgil approaches the door when he hears something smashing around inside. "Ah, son of a b***h," he mutters under his breath as he pushes the door open with his full palm. 

 

Sure enough, it's going to be one of Those Days. He notes Marlow trying to sweet-talk a xolgard, a xolgard of all creatures. Okay- I'M an idiot, but that is an elevated level of stupid. He approaches as Marlow, who is trying to crawl up a wall, is grabbed by the scruff of the neck and slammed against  the floor. "Ah crap- HEY! OVER HERE, UGLY!" Virgil is prepared for it to start running in his direction. Virgil is ready to deck the giant minotaur in the snout (read: use his tranquilizer gun and knock it out) when--

 

He has no idea what happens next.

 

When he finally comes to, Virgil is underneath the hulking beast. The xolgard is out cold- with no sign of harm, if its breathing is to be an indicator. Virgil groans, noting that most of his body is covered. His one hand is exposed. Dio mio.... What in the hell just HAPPENED?

 

He hears Marlow's voice speak as some of the body lifts briefly. It seems as if Marlow is attempting to get the xolgard off of him. "Verge? Verge is that you? Please tell me humans are more durable than they look.” At some point, Marlow's attempts are successful, as a weight lifts off of him and Virgil remembers what breathing is. 

 

"Nngh, thanks man. Yeah, 'm alright. I think. Urgh..... What.... the Hell....." Virgil grumbles. He struggles a bit to get onto his feet, but for the most part he feels fine. "Marlow, what the actual hell happened?" He feels a bit dizzy, so he closes his eyes until the spinning in his head stops. "Did we get hit?" Virgil puts away the tranquilizer and opens his eyes to look around. "It's... Dark. What is going on? I assume the xolgard was why I needed to leave my room," he says this bit with a certain bitterness, "but whatever this was.... I don't think it was this guy."

 

Jeez.... This is much worse than "one of those days".

 

Gs2PZHTl.png

 

[DR. SAPHIELLE IANPEIROS : MEDICAL]

[LOCATION : MEDICAL LABS - DR. SAPHIELLE'S OFFICE]

 

It was a fairly standard day for Saphielle. She'd gotten a major operation done in the morning, and since then tended to various injuries. Said injuries varied from some sutures, to a concussion or two, to Virgil's very bruised ego when she told him that no, he was not guaranteed to charm his new lady friend today. She still doesn't know why he wanted to spend time with Rosaline, considering what happens to people who spend time with her. It's not her business though as his doctor- it's his funeral, after all. Surely Virgil knows what he's getting into. 

 

Shame, she almost tolerated the guy.

 

Saphielle quietly types a few notes down into someone's medical file, checking several times to ensure everything is properly inputted. Just as she hits save, her head hits the desk as she blacks out. 

 

.....

 

.........Gods, what was that?

 

Am I okay?

 

Okay, I can move my fingers I think. Toes? Feels like it but I'll have to check in a second.

 

Saphielle lifts her head and opens her eyes. All of the knick knacks in her office are a complete mess. Her eyes widen as she shuffles around to make sure the one picture is still there. Oh thank the gods, it's intact, she breathes with relief as she picks up a very delicate looking photo frame. In it is a photo of her and another koshka woman, both with matching smiles and wearing the gowns they wore when they graduated from the Academy. The other woman is fresh faced, fair skinned, and her hair is long and dark. Her eyes are closed. From behind her, her unusually fluffy tail pokes out. Saphielle vaguely remembers her tail waving when the picture was taken.  Aenwyn.... Damn, I could really use your strength right now.

 

She shakes her head and places the frame very carefully back on her desk, and stands up to physically examine herself. Minimal injuries- but judging by the pain in her head, she definitely didn't go unscathed.  It's at this point that a certain voice catches her attention over the communicator. She finally heard the voice say, "Doctor!"

 

Oh crap, she thinks to herself. She hurries to her door and opens it. "Dr. Shivers!" Oh no.... They're in bad shape. Upon a glance over, Saphielle notices that one of their antennae is broken off. "Doctor- your antenna! I'm going to see if I can get something to..." Upon looking at the ground, she notes a long feather. She picks it up, ignoring the chiming of the small bell. This will work.... She grabs some medical tape from the first aid kit in her desk. Once all the required materials are obtained, Saphielle approaches Dr. Shivers and pauses. "I'm going to use this to try and balance your antennae out. Is it okay if I do so?

 

They nod, and Saphielle delicately tapes the feather onto the doctor's stump. "Is that better? Are you okay?"

 

Patient first. Ask what the hell is going on second. 

Edited by Mikasa361

Share this post


Link to post

Beatrix.png

Beatrix

Location - Storage, Portside

Characters - Finn

 

Beatrix, who was not very familiar with omnispeak and instead relied on her ULD to get her through most conversations, blinked blankly in response to the garou. Judging from the tone though he was at least relatively okay. The scent of blood in the air did suggest otherwise, but at least as he was conscious. Beatrix frowned as she watched him open and shut his jaw a few times.

 

[ “Something wrong with your jaw?” ] 

 

The question was followed by a wide-eyed expression as he started to look alarmed by something. Fearing that he was choking on something Beatrix reeled back her arm quickly and gave him a good, solid thump with her palm just below his ribcage.

 

Something bright and colourful spat out of his mouth, hitting Beatrix right in the middle of the forehead and evoking a hiss of disgust from her. She grimaced and reached up to wipe it from her face, grumbling out a sarcastic “You’re welcome” in what little she did know of the omnian language. Beatrix glanced down at her hand and identified the object as a wrapper, before crinkling it up into a ball in her hands and tossing it over her shoulder to join the rest of rubble and wreckage behind her.

 

[ “Alright…lets think about this sensibly…” ] Beatrix muttered to herself, briefly massaging her palms into the sides of her temples as she tried to formulate some sort of explanation for what had just happened. “Ship, hit? Yes?” She asked of the garou, remembering back to the alarm that had sounded just before losing consciousness. Her gaze trailed upwards, and then across to the mountain of broken shelves and containers that were currently blocking the exit to the room.  “Maybe star-jump, too .” Added the woman, remembering that she had been knocked out cold moments before. Beatrix never claimed to have much understanding of the science behind it, but she was aware that sudden attempts to teleport across vast distances in space tended to strain the brain. It was common for organic beings to get knocked out by the process.
 

That still brought up the question of why the ship had needed to do-so, though. 

 

She rested her hands on her hips and snorted at the sight, before a beep from her Communicator demanded her attention. [ “WARNING, BREATHABILITY OF ATMOSPHERE DECLINING. PLEASE MOVE TO A MORE SUITABLE LOCATION.” ]

 

Oh, great. Of course it is.


[ “Shame you’re not one of those big, fluffy types of garou.” ] Sighed Beatrix, now turning from Finn in favour of limping closer towards one of the upturned shelves and seeing if there was any way to pry bits and pieces off of it for easier transport. “Big dog, good.” She then repeated in omnispeak, motioning high above her head for emphasis before turning back towards her current predicament and beckoning for Finn to come and help her. [ “Come on dog-breath, don’t know about you but I need to get this doorway cleared before I run out of oxygen.” ]

 

 

---

 

Marlow.png

Marlow

Location - Arcade

Characters - Blue-Bot | Virgil

 

“Dunno mate, still figuring out what’s going too.” 

 

Muttered the mjiorian, still with gritted teeth and clutching at his shoulder, but notably relaxing in his stance as he heard Virgil respond. As the man struggled back to his feet Marlow glanced over the xolgard and sneered in distaste for the alien’s actions. “Why didn’t they send Kharzon or Zikvien?” Both of which had more than an extra foot of height on Marlow, and what he suspected to be about three times the muscle mass. Commander Kharzon even had the added bonus of being a xolgard himself, though Marlow at least assumed he was too busy trying to drill the plans for the ceremony into the heads of the rest of the Security team.

 

Speaking of which…

 

Marlow tapped at the device on his wrist, frowning as he noticed several warnings flicker across its screen. ULD down, Crew offline, Echo integration offline…

 

“Ikaarti takvuul.” The ancient exclamation of frustration in mjiorian slipped out before he remembered to switch back to omnispeak for Virgil’s sake, now grimacing up at him. “Aye, I think something hit the ship. Must’ve knocked out the power generator or something…”  He blinked and surveyed the dim glow of the emergency lights along the walls of the Arcade, marking the nearest exit, and a nearby Echo screen that didn’t respond to any attempts by Marlow to awaken the ship AI from within. If he had to wager a guess, only a local backup battery was running at the moment, and the ship was therefore focusing its energy on maintaining a suitable atmosphere for her crew.

 

The mjiorian staggered across the Arcade, heading for the nearest window. “Thanks for showin’ up, by the way. I did have him all figured out already. But thanks.” Announced Marlow, the last few words muffling as he pressed his face against the thick, glassy surface and tried to spot any hint of disturbances outside of the ship.

 

 “Oh…that ain’t good…”

 

Marlow couldn’t see any obvious obstacles or enemy ships, but from the angle the window afforded him he could see part of the wing of The Observer. Long, deep scars gouged into the metal plating, left behind from what Marlow could only assume was some sort of weaponised laser. Bits of debris, difficult to define, scattered into the void of space and sent a chill up the mjiorian’s spine the longer he starred. Something quivered in his peripherals, and he tore his bright, sky-blue eyes away from the scene to rest instead on a whirring, twitching droid of some kind that he could now see tucked between two of the arcade machines. Marlow didn’t recognise the jellyfish-like robot, but tutted all the same at the sight of their broken state and several bits of metal and wire that now lay scattered across the floor surrounding them. “Verge? S’this anyone you recognise?” Sighing he stooped and started to pick up some of the robotic parts with his uninjured arm, though he had little in the way of mechanical knowledge to decide what to do with them. “Gimme a hand here, aye? Then we can go figure out what’s gone wrong around here.”

 

 

---

 

Shivers.png.d7bf2fd86a86c3c80f5f04419a37d814.png

Dr. Shivers

Location - Medical Labs - Dr. Shivers' Office

Characters - Dr. Ianpeiros

 

“Doctor is being part-well.”

 

Shivers offered, struggling to figure out how to clarify that the broken antennae was making them seem a lot worse off than others tended to believe. Thankfully she seemed to be somewhat familiar with how reliant a pteratrix was on said antennae for balance, and it wasn’t long before she was attempting to attach a large, feather-like device to their head in its place.

 

“Is being the stress go-away thing, yes?”

 

Inquired Shivers, adopting a faint grumble that was aimed more at the injury itself than the woman kind enough to try to fix it for them. They had seen her idly toying with the object before, though typically this was only when there were no patients around to witness it. Shivers personally preferred their collection of small, delicate objects that would light up with a dazzling array of pretty colours when spun. But each to their own, they supposed.

 

When she stepped back they gave the remains of the antennae an experimental wriggle. It still ached. A tiny bell chimed from the movement. but the weight of the enormous feather combined with it was similar in size and shape enough to their remaining one that Shivers no longer felt the need to tilt their head at an odd angle just to walk.  For a temporary solution, it would do just fine.

 

“Doctor to be thanking Dr. Pointy Ear Freckle Koshka, yes. More full-well now.”

 

With the nausea now on the decline Shivers eased back up from their hunched stance and stretched out their various limbs. A few more aches and pains, but nothing they felt required immediate attention. Red eyes honed in on their fellow doctor, lingering on the signs of bruising along her forehead, before they stooped once more to better look her in the eye. “Is Dr. Pointy Ear Freckle Koshka well? Head looks bad.” Fretted Shivers as they fished out a light from their pockets and briefly shone it into her eyes.

 

Another garbled mess erupted from Shivers’ communicator, this time a different voice that sounded absolutely terrified. They grimaced, unable to translate much of it, but picking up on the words ‘Dining Hall’, ‘Auditorium’, and ‘doctors’. The screen of their device briefly lit up, various strings of text alerts flickering and glitching across the screen for a few seconds before abruptly the screen died again. Shivers scowled and rapidly tapped their claws against it to little avail, before chirping in annoyance and facing Saphielle once more.

 

“Is wrist-thing well? Many injuries, yes. Be needing doctors.”

 

---

 

Minerva.png.5b2023adf055989681cf8dcb3d79cc09.png

Dr. Minerva Malakou

Location - Research Labs

Characters - Jixx-B | Hagall

 

Minerva awoke on the floor of the computer lab, head throbbing and a dizzying sensation running through her. She groaned as she dragged her hand over her forehead, recognising that the sensor band that usually rested upon it was now snapped and broken off in several places. She hissed out a few profanities under breath, feeling the floor around her and finding only a few of the missing shards. 

 

Well, maybe it was a blessing in disguise. It probably absorbed most of the impact of whatever she whacked her head on.

 

The engineering expert’s memory started to drift back to her in bits and pieces, namely what she had been doing moments before losing consciousness. She recalled a conversation with the large deinogen that would sometimes wander xer way through the labs, though not too much about what specifically they had been discussing at the time. Something to do with a security update, it might have been…? Minerva wasn’t certain. The best she could surmise was that she had excused herself for a moment to walk into her office, and then seconds later something had caused the ship to jar violently forward and for the emergency warp procedures to kick into place. 

 

Minerva eased herself into a seated position, resting a hand on the metallic desk of her office beside her as she listened out for any clues as to what was going on. It was in fact eerily silent, a room devoid of any alarms or voices crackling over the speakers to let her know what was happening on the ship. She blinked, and shook her head to concentrate. First things first, make sure everyone in the lab is alright. She held out her arm expectantly and whistled, attempting to summon her usual companion to her side.

 

“Hagall?”

 

No response. Minerva grimaced, knowing that he wouldn’t hesitate to at least announce his presence if he was capable of it. With all three of her sensors down, she frowned and brushed her hand against one of the ones that rested as a bracelet around her wrist. Delicate fingers graced over it in search of any seams in its surface or out of place wiring.  Ah, there! She could feel a loose panel now, a frayed wire peeking out from beneath it. She exhaled in a sharp, irate manner from the discovery. It seemed fixable, but unlikely without the right sort of tools. Her hands switched and she crossed over to the wrist device opposite, again feeling about for signs of damage. The primary sensor felt cracked, but still held itself together relatively well. Maybe if she just flipped the switch off and on it…

 

The device whirred and emitted a series of beeps to signal it was rebooting. Minerva flexed her hand several times as it continued to shudder and run through its start-up sequence, relaxing in some small semblance of relief as a little jingle played from it and a cheery voice rang out stating ‘Device is now on!’. She felt the familiar tingle in her hand as the device integrated with it, intercepting whatever data it was able to glean from any physical contact it made and feed it back to Minerva upon command. To test it she ran her hand along the floor and picked up what felt to be a soft, spherical item. “Identify object.”

 

“Anti-stress device, made of CLICK-CLICK-CLICK! foam. No signs of damage or BZZZT!"

 

Well, it was better than nothing.  At least the scanner side of things seemed to still be working. To confirm Minerva waved her hand in the air, and the familiar whir of her wrist sensor scanning its environment sounded off. The device started to dictate her surroundings to her as best it could, pointing out obstacles and objects of interest and giving her a rough estimate of the layout of the room amidst the occasional garbled word or sudden, harsh crackle from its speaker. 

 

“Hagall? Are you here? Activate.” 

 

Called the woman as she stepped out of her office and move her hand through the air, mapping out the new layout of the room in her head now that all the desks and machinery had been thrown about. Eventually her attention was brought to a small, metallic cluster, which emitted a series of miserable beeps and caws when she bent down to inspect it. “Oh, Hagall…don’t worry sweetie I’ll get you patched back up as soon as I can.” Fretted Minerva, scooping up the little raven-shaped robot into one of her arms and continuing her journey forward through the main section of the computer labs.

 

Something much, much larger and emitting an electronic signature lurked in the centre of the room. She could hear movement, what sounded to be metal plates shifting and passing over fur and each other and a rapid tap-tap-tap sound from somewhere that was difficult to pin-point the origin of.

 

“Jixx-B? Is that you?” She called out to the heap of metal and flesh. Since the arrival of Jixx-B the computer lab had been significantly rearranged, shifting all desks and monitors towards the outer edges of the room so that the enormous alien at least had room to turn. Now though Minerva could sense several desks and monitors had been torn from their anchors and lay scattered and broken over the floor, and she fretted over how badly the contents of the room had slammed and smashed into the poor deinogen.


“Are you okay? What’s going on?” Continued Minerva, wandering forward towards where she knew the clearing to be and waving her hand in an attempt to glean more details about the sort of state xe was in.

 

Edited by Lycanious

Share this post


Link to post

WcDaY7P.png

Aezsaa

"Ezsa"

Location: The Gardens

Characters: Odrin | Merryblossom


She lost consciousness the moment her Core was struck.

When she came-to again, it was to the heavy drop of her body hitting the ground. They rolled over upon their side, flickers of recent memory trying to vie for attention and combating with missing pieces. It was the remembrance of their right arm shattering that caused them to jerk and scramble for their feet. Or attempt to, really.

Aezsaa's legs weren't steady enough yet to hold her, a weakness washing through her body and forcing her knees to buckle before she could even fully stand. They grunted when their remaining hand planted against the ground, skin alternating between soft flesh or stone. Her eyesight blurred with the threat of tears.

They felt wrong.

When they felt more stable, they leaned back until they were resting solely on their knees, left hand coming up to the jagged stub that remained of their right arm. Well, admittedly, there wasn't anything that remained of their arm, only their shoulder. Frozen in a stone state and webbed with cracks. Again, their body flickered between flesh and stone, dragging Aezsaa's attention to the center of her chest where her Crystal Core rested. It should have been brilliantly lit, possessing a strong and steady glow of energy and power. Instead, its light was feeble at best, blinking in and out in tandem with the shifting state of her skin.

["What happened?"] they rasped, gaze tearing away from the fracture that now decorated her Core to search their surroundings. They located the Bo'grul nearby. They'd seen him about the Gardens a few times--what was his name? Orvid? Odin? Something with an Od-. Aezsaa looked away from him, turning her attention to Merryblossom and the vast Tanglewood's system of vines that practically surrounded the Gardens. So many beings were caught within. She must have been, too. Which might explain how she got away with only the loss of a single limb instead of being Shattered entirely.
 

JE3wypG.png

Heather Lydotre

"Dot"

Location: Sparky's Repair Store

Characters: Isilynor

 

He struggled to remember much of anything that happened in the last several hours. A full day? Everything was jumbled up, patchy. Whole chunks simply missing once that overwhelming pain registered in his nerve receptors. Circuitry overloaded and fried. Dot couldn't sort out time, could barely figure out when she was halfway conscious and when she blacked out. More than once, she caught glimpses of wires, metal wings. Heard mumbling or maybe that was the ship's engine humming through the walls? Constant, however, was the uncomfortable feeling of pressure on his body.

{"--N FOR LY--AN--"}

Something jabbed at her nose, prompting an alert to flare into life within the left side of her vision as her eyes snapped open. No. "Flare" wasn't really the right word as the alert mostly glitched in and out of existence like static on an ancient radio. And her vision wasn't really much, being heavily blurred and unable to focus for longer than Dot was comfortable with.

A moment after, the systems in charge of diagnosing and managing his physical conditions seemed to correct themselves. Only to promptly screech warnings and critical failures and all around overwhelm her with noise in her ears and head. Dot shot up into a seated position, a brief shout erupting from her lungs as she clutched her temples. He fumbled with the watch on his wrist, eventually managing to shut the noise down. His vision was beginning to clear, allowing him to better see the cables protruding from his torso. Mechanical components were exposed, embedded in organic sections beneath a ripped up shirt and stripped-away skin. He stared at them for several seconds, gaze even drifting to the cluster attached to his left arm.

Then the panic started.

A strangled sound from his throat. Dot's breathing shortened as he rushed to grapple with the cables and wires hooked up to him. ["What are--Why--"] He managed to rip out a few of the smaller ones, tearing apart the thrown-together connections. Some caused sparks to fly through surrounding circuitry and nerve clusters. Dot grit her teeth against it, ignoring the sudden sensations in favor of fumbling for the next set of cables.

Someone was saying something, a flat drone of a voice that blurred into white noise to Dot's ears. Except when it wasn't a droning sound anymore. The butt of a scepter crashed against her grasping hands, a sharp word piercing the agitated fog of senseless thoughts in Dot's mind. He gasped, shock choking the startled noise that tried to flee his lips. Looking upward, Dot's gaze settled upon the being who possessed the scepter. ["What--What did you do to me?"] Though she didn't mean to, her words escalated into a slight shriek. ["Why would you do this to me?"]

Share this post


Link to post

V8aC22fl.png

[VIRGIL CERULLO : SECURITY]

[LOCATION : ARCADE]

 

"Well hey, I'm not just gonna let you deal with one of those things by yourself." Virgil gives Marlow a smirk before looking around. Then, as he looks around the room he hears, "oh... that ain't good..." and raises his eyebrow. "Marlow, what do you--" Upon looking out the window, his green eyes widen even further as he takes note of the extensive damage to the ship. "What the hell happened out there?!" He whistles. "Jesus, Mary and Joseph, that's brutal." He frowns. "We're not going anywhere for a good, long while are we?"

 

Upon hearing Marlow tutting, he turns on his heel to take a look at what caught the mijorian's attention. The man blinks several times. "Ah... Looks familiar, think I've seen it around a few times." He winces when he kneels down- clearly something got bruised, somewhere. "Ah hell. This is a ****ing mess. Ah.... Yeah, hang on." He starts gathering some of the parts as well, his jaw growing more and more tense. "I really hope something major didn't get damaged. This is.... Jesus, Mary and Joseph."

 

Indeed. He hopes that wherever they are, they're not totally stranded. He hopes that, at the very least, they'll be able to pull onto a nearby planet somewhere until the damn ship gets fixed. While he continues to pick up pieces small and large, his frown grows all the more. Seriously, what hit us? Why? He sighs, holding up a piece to his eyes to see if it's a part of the robot. "...Oh. That's a token," he mutters under his breath. He keeps gathering bits and pieces and catching them in his shirt. Once he gets all the pieces he can see, Virgil gets back up on his feet. 

 

"Okay, you think we got all the pieces here?" He feels a slight throbbing in his head due to his furrowed brow. "Well. Okay. Let's see if we can get the hell out of here, see if there's anyone who might know what hit us?"

 

He gathers the pieces he caught into an empty token bucket before starting to make his way to the nearest exit. "....Mar, lemme know if you need a doc."

 

Gs2PZHTl.png

 

[DR. SAPHIELLE IANPEIROS : MEDICAL]

[LOCATION : MEDICAL LABS - DR. SHIVERS' OFFICE]

 

Dr. Shivers seems better- in fact, they seem grateful. Saphielle breathes a sigh of relief. "It's my pleasure, really. I just want to make sure you're okay before we go attend to other patients. Can't treat anyone if we're in bad shape, yes?" Upon the other doctor's question, Saphielle takes a moment once again to assess her own condition. "My head hurts, but I think I smacked it into something during.... I don't even know what happened." She allows them to shine a light in her eyes- which is an unpleasant feeling. However, she doesn't think she has a major concussion. All in all, she lucked out.

 

She knits her eyebrows together, checking her communicator. There's a lot of gobbledigook, clearly a bunch of distress calls. There is one name that seems to stick out, though, and in Koshka Elvish she sees the name Zentha. 

 

 

H̴̢̧̛̜͔̣̥̎ͅe̶̡̲̝̳̬̤̯̣̐̈́̔̓̍͘l̵̨̥̖͙̭̩̤̙̺͎̦̏̍p̸̢̜͕̤̝͔̺͎͛͝.̷̡̗̱͕̖̬̤̪͖͇̜͈̘̮̞͌͌̓̆͑̽͝.̴̞̘͈̬͚̱͇̼͋̀͋̏.̸̙̦̺̔͆͒̾̚̚͝ ̸̤̺̘̰͍̀͂S̵̝̳͙͎̦̮̈́͒t̵̨̘͍͕̩̗̺̓̊̋͛̅̀̑́́͝͝ų̶͓͉͕͉̯̹̭͇͌͛́̉̎͒͑́̅̓͘͘͘̚c̶̲̺̩̮̱̩̗̖̙̤̖̓̆̌̍̔̋͌̐̍̅̅̓͒͘k̷͓͓̰̼̼̣͙̝̙̥͇̏́̔̋̔͗́͑͋͋̚̚͠.̸̭̮͙͈̣̼̞̥̲̹̫͒̌̋̽́́͆̆͂͜ͅͅͅ.̷̜̭͕̪̪͓̻̯̒̽̀͌̒̽̀̌͘͝.̵̨̢̞͓̇͆̍̋̊̄̚͜ ̸̪͉̬̘͇̺̙̺̅͛͘Ṫ̷̨̢͎͔͙̞̜̑̀́̉̄̽͌̚͝͝͝r̶̨̛͙̟̻͚̱͔̩̲͊̋́̔̑̐̿̾͝ą̴̡̢̥͓̩̟̮̯̖̰͉̖̾̓p̸̡̬͙͑͒̓̊̃͛̃̎̒̿̿̂̓͘͝p̵̺̪̀̿̉͗́͗͒̓͌͜e̸̹͙̗̥̽̅̆͛͋̾̾̐̈̓͊̕̚͝d̷̛̩͓̞̫͓̭̆͐̒͗͐͐̐̚͝͝ ̸̡̝̬̯̜̞͚̟̈̋́͒̏͋͛͛̒͌̂͑̾ű̶̧̙͇̥̯͈͚͍̱̤͇͗̽̽̔̂̌̆͊̕ͅͅn̷̨̪̲̬̫̩͒̋̈͑́̏̔͗̓̄͜͠͠͠ḑ̷̨̧͎͎͖̪͉̼̆̆͐̈́e̸̢̛̛͇͓͓̞̘̥̼̽̇̓̀̉͂̒́̍̌̆̕͠ṙ̶͉̞̪͇̥̦͎̲̹͇͓̲̱̰͈̈́͂̿͛́̇̏̊̅͝͠ ̴̛̻̣̟͑͂̐̈b̶̢̧̨͓̤͓̫̹̹̺̓̀̄͜͝ͅř̴̨̛̛̤̥̦̘̹̫̖͇̞̈́̾̔͋͑́̈́̽̇͂̚͝ͅọ̵̞́̄́͑͑͗̄̇͌̈́̓̀͘͜͝͝k̵͕͚̅͛e̸̢̛̳̗̝̰̜͔͚͕͚̫̝̳̩̲̓̓́͛͝n̴̛̪̩͓͎͈̉̓̇̿̚̚̕͝͠͠ ̶̞̘̤̩̅͆̐̃͋̓̊̈͋͠b̷̹̫̝̹͈̬͚͓̯̩̌̏̈̋̌̉̌̅̎̊̕͘͜͜͜ẽ̴̢̡̪̤̟̬̪̬̝̙͍̒͂̔͑͑̈́̍̊͜͝d̵̡̦̟̮̃́́͌̀͋͊̈́͘.̶̭̭̙̍̃͋̄̽̅̉̊̈́̆̽͆͋̕.̸̢̧̛̙̻̩̜̺̙͉͈̰̺̩́͌̑͆͗̈́͌̿̂͋̌̚͘.̵̛̮̼̻͖͈̟̮̍̿̿̋́̈̿͠͠ ̸̨̫̩̦̐̿͗̋̿͋̈́Ḩ̴͓͎̞̰͙̘͉̞̐̒̐͗̓ͅͅų̵̛̜͍̭͚͚̩̻͇͈̋́͒̉̂̊̍ŕ̷̡̩̺̥̊͋̄̾̇̂͐͠͝͠t̷̟̗͈̖͚̝͔̥̘̱̠̰̘̰͛̆s̶̨͕̹̹̳͈̖̖̱̰͔̦̏̓̔̿͆̇͗͐̕̚ ̶̯͈̓̎̑̿̈́̃̅̎ä̷̠͖̲͚͖̱͕̘́̋ ̴̢̨̨̛̘͉̹̙̳̱̹͎͖̱͎͑̋̂̇̆̈́͂͘͜͝͝l̸̨̳̱̎̌͑̌̒̋õ̴̢̨̘̣̠͉̺̪̜̃͋̐͆̈́͛͛͠͝͠t̸̡̺͈̤̥͈͒͊͊̊͒̽̔͗͂̂͂͜͜͝.̷̨̖̜̲̩̠̑̒͗̃̍͌͌̕
̴̡̱̼͖̼͎̤̙̖̓͑̊̑̍̇̽͝ͅ

 

Saphielle's eyes widen and her heart drops into her stomach- this one was delivered late if the timestamp gave her any indicator. "We have someone who's been trapped under a bed. Looks like the infirmary... I think we should hurry, I'm not sure if they're even conscious but it seems bad." She offers a hand towards Shivers. "Do you need help? Or are you going to be fine walking?"

Share this post


Link to post

Isilynor.png

Archnoble Isilynor Tralamin the III

Location - Sparky’s Repair Store

Characters - Dot

 

They watched on in a stoic, albeit slightly irate manner as the human started to panic and undo all of their hard work in a manner of seconds. Typical, no respect for fine craftsmanship any more is there? Isilynor allowed him a brief moment to compose himself all the same, though they were quick to spring into action when frightened, shaking hands made a grab for a bundle of cables that were the only thing currently ensuring the human’s heart was still beating.

 

[ “ENOUGH!” ] Barked Isilynor in sylphian, bringing down their sceptre in a short, sharp motion to crack the tip of it against the human’s knuckles. Her face snapped up towards them, and though Isilynor was still picking apart all the bits and pieces of her language to actually be able to decipher it they could sense the accusatory tone without needing a translation. Isilynor huffed, and shot her an indignant look before tapping the end of the sceptre sharply against the ground. A small source of light flickered into view from its tip, bathing their surroundings in a dull glow that revealed more of the structural damage and rubble that lay around the pair. 

 

They moved the sceptre to point at a series of semi-melted circuit-boards that they had yanked out and hastily discarded on the ground beside him in their rush to stabilise the human, in the hopes that he could at least recognise the implications of why he needed to be attached to the Echo monitor right now. Sweeping the sceptre to the side, Isilynor then indicated the wires protruding from the human and traced their length across the floor towards said monitor. The eye of Echo whirled and blinked twice in acknowledgement as attention was brought to her screen, but she said nothing for now.

 

“Life.” Announced Isilynor in omnispeak once more, motioning to their chest and thumping it a few times to mimic a steady, beating heart. They then mimed ripping out the various wires, and scowled as they made a vicious swiping motion across their own throat. “Death.”

 

Isilynor then took a step back, attempting to sign that they had peaceful intentions towards her before turning attention back to Echo. “Well? What language was that?”

 

“MY DATABASE IS STILL INACCESSIBLE FROM THIS TERMINAL. MOST LIKELY AN EARTH-BASED DIALECT.”

 

“Do we at least have a few identifiers to work with?”

 

“HEATHER LYDOTRE. HUMAN. A VISITING CIVILIAN.”

 

“Hm, well, I suppose I shall have to figure out the language manually.” Sighed Isilynor, in a somewhat melodramatic fashion, before stooping forward and resting some of their weight on the sceptre as they inspected the human up and down a few times in a faint sneer. They motioned to themself.  “Archnoble Isilynor Tralamin the III.” Then Isilynor cleared their throat, and began to ramble on in omnispeak some more regardless of whether any of it was registering with her. “I would suggest that you refrain from tearing out more of those cables, until we can fashion something more practical and mobile for you.” Isilynor motioned for him to rise. “Can you stand, human?”

 


---

 

 

Marlow.png

Marlow

Location - Arcade

Characters - Blue-Bot | Virgil

 

“We…we must’ve hit something…maybe it was like…an undetected ship during the star-jump? S’thing that can happen right?” Offered Marlow as an explanation, a rumble of distress following him as he paced about the room and tried his best to focus instead on locating all the pieces of the robot that had been scattered.

 

“Thanks, I got no bloody clue how to piece ‘em back together but I reckon we ought to take ‘em with us.” Admitted Marlow with a sheepish expression. Picking up the remaining pieces he could spy nearby, he then ventured over to Virgil and added to the collection pile he’d crafted out of his shirt. “Reckon we get ‘em to Aster first chance we get. M’sure she could patch ‘em back up.” Marlow had never claimed to be much of an expert on robotics, but he did hold a great respect for his sibling’s degree in mechanical engineering. That was…probably something to do with fixing robots too? Right?

 

Well, even if he was wrong, Marlow was at least convinced that the robot would be in safer hands with her than in his own. Carefully he bent down and extracted the battered bot from where it had wedged itself between the arcade machines and more tutting issued from him as he lifted it up for inspection.

 

Upon their cracked screen, several points of light tried to flare into existence only to peter out a second later. The bot, from what Marlow could tell, was struggling to communicate with him in some manner.  “Uh…ahoy. Me name’s Marlow…uh…this is Verge. Yer got a name?” More broken patterns of light danced across the screen, ending with several bright flashes of blue that made Marlow squint and flinch away to spare his eyesight from it. “O-okay…uh…sorry mate, not sure what yer trying to say to me there. M’just gonna call yer ‘Blue’ for now, alright?” 


There was no clear indication of whether the machine had understood him, but they at least didn’t seem to be offended or distrustful of him in any manner. Marlow crossed the room and, taking Virgil’s cue, fetched a second bucket to store what remained of the robot in it before trailing after him. “Oi, can yeh get a signal at all? M’trying to dial out but I ain’t hearing anything.” Questioned the mjiorian as the two stepped out into the hallway, his brow wrinkling as he observed that one direction was blocked off entirely by debris. With a flick of his tail in a ‘follow’ motion he began to venture in the opposite direction, heading for the research labs. “****, this looks bad, Verge. I hope Aster’s alright.” Marlow fretted, soon coming to another blockage in the hallway. Unlike the other pile of rubble Marlow could at least still see through to the other side though, and he began to work on clearing the way as best as he could while only using one arm.

 

 

---
 

 

Odrin.png

Odrin

Location - Gardens

Characters - Aezsaa | Merryblossom

 

Sucking the air through his teeth, Odrin winced as the extent of the draxiek’s injuries was revealed to him. [ “Eeeeasy there, buddy. Looks like you’ve done yourself a right mischief.” ] On some level he knew that their chances of understanding his words were slim at best, but he hoped at least that they would take some comfort in a soothing tone of voice. 

 

Trying to take a step forward, Odrin stumbled and nearly fell to the floor as well, if not for quickly adjusting his balance with an outstretched tail. Dark eyes glanced down at the robotic implement that had replaced the lower half of his leg many, many cycles ago, and he huffed as he registered that it was currently locked in a semi-crouched position. Odrin wriggled about his knee, and thumped several times on the implement, but to little avail. It was as if the power had been completely drained from it and the manual override completely severed from his consciousness. Odd. Thought Odrin. Wasn’t it fully charged just before he left…? How long had he been unconscious for?

 

A rough, raspy gasp from the draxiek broke Odrin from these questions, and he gritted his teeth in empathy as he focused back on her. Gingerly he shifted his leg forward as best as he could and tested his weight on it, confirming at least that he could stand on it - albeit at an awkward angle with its currently locked position. It would have to do for now, though. Taking a wide, awkward swing with it Odrin hobbled his way towards them.

 

[ “Ooh, that looks bad…are you in pain…?” ] Asked Odrin once he’d closed the distance between them, punctuating it with the sign for < Pain? > as he spoke. It seemed an obvious question to ask her, but one could never really be certain when it came to other species and he’d never really spoken to a draxiek face-to-face before. Odrin stooped, offering a hand to help her up while the other hovered in an uncertain manner over the fractured remains of her arm. He looked around the area, but saw only tiny shards of a dark, striped type of rock scattered across the floor. As far as he was aware, the limb had been entirely shattered and there was little hope to recover it.


[ “Merryblossom?” ] A few vines perked at the sound of their name, and the tanglewood brought them closer to shift attention to the two conscious beings before them. [ “Um…” ] Brow wrinkling, Odrin tried to figure out his next series of motions. < Other people, injured? > Merryblossom’s entire form seemed to slouch, almost as if the enormous plant was emitting a long, sad exhale. Another crew member, close to the pair, was released from the vines and hit the floor with a heavy thump. Odrin noticed, with a slowly dawning horror, that said crew mate was completely motionless. [ “Oh no…oh no, no no…” ] He began to whisper, separating from the draxiek in order to stumble his way over to them and check for vitals. Merryblossom started to release more passengers from her protective grasp, and though there was one or two that stirred or made a sound of protest as they slumped against the floor, many were likewise as motionless as the being before them. [ “Oh…oh we need to get some doctors- can you call them? My device isn’t working- uh…” ] He gestured towards his communicator that sat around his wrist, tapping it a few times before gesturing to the room around him in the hopes that the draxiek would understand.

 

 

---
 

 

Shivers.png

Shivers

Location - Medical Lab - Dr. Shivers Office

Characters - Dr. Ianpeiros

 

Shining the light into her eyes, the doctor made several intrigued and concerned trilling sounds, before pocketing the device once more. “Mm…is being not big problem, maybe. But is best to be doing the seeing for big problem.” They concluded, now taking a shaky step forward to test out their balance. The doctor still walked with a significant wobble, but they managed to at least power on and cross the room without any assistance from Saphielle as they grumbled to themself.

 

“Is must be being lots of injuries, is needing to be waking the doctor team.” Huffed the pteratrix, as they tapped their claws yet again to their own broken communication before giving up on the matter. Antennae twitched as they instead tuned into Saphielle’s own device, concern briefly crossing their features before it was buried back under a practised professionalism in the face of multiple casualties. “...Dr. Shivers is thinking treat infirmary person first, yes, then be finding next to help.”

 

They wobbled their way past their office and Saphielle’s towards the medical lab exit, only to be stopped in their tracks when the exit doors refused to budge. Shivers blinked up at them for a moment, registering that the power must have been cut, and sighed before tapping on a panel on the front of them to force a manual release and let them through. The panel opened on contact, but no amount of cranking the release lever within seemed to let the doors properly budge. “Is…is being something to be blocking the door?” Questioned Shivers, then glancing back towards the koshka with a grim expression. “Is maybe being trapped, yes. Is being able to call for help? Or be fixing door?”

 

 

---
 

 

Zikvien.png

Zikvien

Location - Security Room

Characters - Juku | Momo

 

Everything ached. The world was dim and even blurrier than usual. When Zikvien inhaled, the air was thick with the stench of blood, smoke and charcoal. She tested her extremities first, slowly curling and flexing the claws on her hands and feet then sweeping her tail across the ground. Gingerly she lifted her head, groaning as the motion sent a wave of nausea through her and highlighted an ache in the muscles along the cobra-like hood at her neck and shoulders. 

 

The zita-gaxx did what her species was best known for and persisted through the pain. She found herself now reaching for a nearby desk with her less-injured arm and beginning to hoist herself up onto her feet. The weight on her back shifted, sheets of metal and torn remnants of fried wiring sliding off of her. A bellow escaped her as she tried to rest her weight on her left leg, only for pain to sear through the entire limb until she managed to adjust her bulky weight into her other limbs. Zikvien heaved her upper half onto the desk and squinted around, dumbfounded as to where to even begin in figuring out what had happened. [ “Echo? Lights.” ] No response. Zikvien repeated herself, this time in omnispeak instead of her usual low, rumbling tones and hisses. A beep from the nearby monitor indicated that Echo had acknowledged the request this time, but when she replied her voice sounded fragmented and garbled - wavering between Omnispeak and a language that Zikvien didn’t recognise. ‘LIGHTS, BROKEN.' Was what Zikvien was able to process, in her limited grasp on the language. 

 

She fiddled with the wrist-guard containing her Universal Language Device and snapped it open, only to frown when the cool, familiar glow of the blue lights within indicated that her ULD was working fine. Was the database down…? Zikvien felt her knees grow weak and the crest on her head flex in anxiety, before she took several deep breaths and tried to calm herself back down. Okay. Remember your training. What would Commander Kharzon do? Bile threatened to rise in her throat, as she realised that Commander Kharzon was likely to be somewhere beneath the rubble. Alright, focus, first. Kharzon would first make sure the area is safe.

 

Zikvien trained her senses on her surroundings once more. There was no fire, but she could smell smoke. Maybe it was coming from the Engineering Bay next door? That wasn’t good. Not good at all. What if she was the only one alive at all and-

 

Breathe.

 

She remembered why she had been in the room in the first place, and gingerly turned to stare at the pile of rubble she had crawled out from under.  Zikvien swept her tail beneath it and with an expert twist to it she succeeded in flipping over a fallen ceiling panel to reveal an unconscious, but breathing, yuegengjian beneath it. [ “Mr. Liang Yimo?” ] Rumbled Zikvien, finding a small relief in the fact that her hulking form had shielded him from the bulk of the impact from the ceiling. She didn’t spy any indication that he’d heard her, but she carefully extracted him from the rubble into her arms all the same, then turned and set him down into a small clearing of the room.

 

Zikvien remembered that Mr. Liang Yimo, or ‘Momo’ as much of the crew referred to him as, had been…troubled, to put it mildly, just before the impact. Restless and with blood-shot eyes, she recalled that the yuegengjian had been brandishing a series of security reports and requesting, nay, demanding that the senior members of the security team gather to listen to them right away by the time she arrived. Juku had barely been able to get a word in edgewise before-

 

Juku!

 

Her eyes widened, and she heaved her leg forward a painful step to start sifting through the rubble beside her for the fellow zita-gaxx. [ “Juku? Juku where- oh.” ] Zikvien’s brow wrinkled, as it occurred to her that she needed a different method of trying to get a response from em. Instead she crouched low to the ground and rested her hand on its surface, emitting a deep, rumbling growl that sent a series of vibrations through the floor. Modifying the pitch, Zikvien started to call for Juku again as she scanned her surroundings for any sign of em beneath all the rubble.

Share this post


Link to post

WcDaY7P.png

Aezsaa

"Ezsa"

Location: The Gardens

Characters: Odrin | Merryblossom


The Bo'grul came close to her, reaching out in an attempt to help her up while also inquiring about something. 'Pain?' Very faintly, they nodded once, unsure if they should be thoroughly honest to the concerned individual. Especially seeing as he, himself, appeared in need of medical assistance. They tried smiling, attempting reassurance despite their weakness. However, there was no use hiding the despair of both losing their arm and understanding the extent of damage to their Core. Merryblossom revealed more bodies upon the Bo'grul's request, his growing panic clear. Aezsaa staggered in her attempt to follow, pausing long enough to regain her balance before trying again. 

 

It was awkward and, frankly, a little nauseating as she moved. They went to the closest being they could, an unconscious Deinogen of spotted grey and pale green. A mop rested near her. ["I'm going to borrow this..."] Aezsaa murmured to the unconscious being, crouching to grasp the wooden handle. It was a wonder the cleaning tool hadn't snapped in two from... well, from whatever happened to the ship. Now equipped with a temporary support, they held their breath until they were certain the mop could bear their weight. (Draxieks weren't exactly one of the lightest beings in existence.) She hobbled towards the Bo'grul as quickly as possible, reacting to the sound of his frantic speech more than his actual words. He was gesturing at a device upon his wrist. His communicator. 

 

Understanding the intention a moment after, Aezsaa started looking around. Her communicator, unfortunately, had been upon her right arm. The very same arm that had been shattered. Feeling the pressure of needing to act fast, she staggered about the Gardens as much as feasibly possible. They kicked aside debris, fought to climb over fallen shelves, and located the scattered remains of their right arm.

 

As well as their communicator. 

 

Hurrying towards it, she knelt down to release the mop and gathered her communicator off the ground, inspecting it before trying to activate it. The screen was cracked, its informational display glitching in and out. ["Come on. Please work...."] A garbled transmission screeched at her from the device, causing her to flinch and accidentally drop it. She leaned forward and grab it again, struggling with the cracked interface in her remaining hand. (They were going to have to adapt really quickly to the reality of losing their dominant hand.) ["Hello? Anyone?"] they started, trying to remember the very limited Omnispeak vocabulary they'd been taught over the years. "S. O. S. In plants room. S. O. S. S. O. S." 

 

They glanced back at the Bo'grul, body flickering again between its flesh and stone states. They fumbled with the communication device, unhooking the clasp before using their fanged teeth to secure it upon their left arm. After that was accomplished, they snatched up the mop once more and propped themself back onto their feet, scurrying towards another limp being. They collapsed awkwardly to their knees, hand pressing against the plant-like individual who had landed upon her side when Merryblossom freed her. She made a soft groan under the touch, a blue-green fluid draining from her torso. Please don't be blood.... They knew it was a pointless plea. Sharply, Aezsaa looked up at Merryblossom, whistling for the flower's attention before lifting their hand. They had to finger-spell the entirety of <First aid kit?> since a portion of the phrase required a two-handed sign. 

 

Merryblossom seemed to perk up, a vine snapping out from the main tangle to shoot into a pile of debris. Clattering and a series of thunks filled the air as Merryblossom dug out an industrial-sized kit with the Cosmic Alliance's medical aid logo printed upon the cover. The Tanglewood rushed it over to Aezsaa, helping them pop it open so that its contents were exposed. <Thank you.> Again, they looked over at the Bo'grul, looking sheepish. <Help?>

Share this post


Link to post

Jixx-B

 

[BOOT SEQUENCE STARTUP]

 

[INITIALIZING JIXX-B-DO1-V1.01.03]

 

Moments before the ship's sudden warp Jixx-B had connected xirself to the computer mainframe for ease of access to demonstrate a new security feature. One of the many perks of being half machine xemself was it made it many times easier to interact with computers. Xe was explaining how the feature would affect the current computer system to Minerva when xe was harshly interrupted by the ship unexpectedly lurching forwards. Xir size and thick metal plating made the impact little more than a nudge but xe wasn’t prepared for the electrical surge through the ship as it entered warpspace. Every circuit in xir body felt like it was set on fire as the electricity blew through xir systems, tearing through every fiber of xir cybernetic enhancements with searing pain. It didn’t last long before the massive creature collapsed to the floor and flickered out of consciousness.

 

Now the Deinogen's body lay in a massive heap of machinery and fur in the center of the room. Xe was completely still except for the occasional twitch from one of xir toe claws tapping against a desk crammed near xir large foot. Shattered monitors were sprinkled across xir frame in sparkling pieces that were smashed between broken metal plates and desk frames crowding xir shuddering form. Xir head, lying limply to the side, stuck out from all the rubbish on top of xem, xir mouthpiece stuck open in a silent scream. Neon flashes danced across the nanite screen that made up xir face but couldn’t seem to settle on what it wanted to form. The side of xir faceplate panel was opened and connected to a large gray cable spitting sparks in every direction that ran from xir check over to the main computer desk’s input ports. 

 

[ERROR: STARTUP FAILED]

 

[TROUBLESHOOTING INITIALIZED]

 

[ERROR 3604: AUXILIARY CABLE STILL CONNECTED. MUST DISCONNECT BEFORE STARTUP CAN COMPLETE]

 

[ERROR: DAMAGE TO OUTER SHELL DETECTED]

 

[ERROR: DAMAGE TO INNER MAINFRAME DETECTED]

 

Jixx-B was haplessly curled over one of the desk pieces that had more than likely hit xem in the chest upon impact. One of the top pieces had broken through the glossy see-through paneling on Jixx-B’s lower chest, causing cascades of neon blood to pour from its cracks. Another had split through xir back plates sticking straight up towards the ceiling almost like a shark fin. Xir blood was beginning to form a steady pool on the floor soaking the damaged machinery that surrounded xem.

 

[WARNING: RAPID FLUID LOSS OCCURRING ON MULTIPLE LOCATIONS. REROUTING FLUIDS TO LONG-TERM STORAGE]

 

[ERROR: FLUID PRESSURE TOO LOW. UNABLE TO REROUTE.]

 

[WARNING: FULL SHUTDOWN IMMINENT. DISCONNECT AUXILIARY DEVICES IMMEDIATELY.]

 

A muffled, frantic beeping started from underneath the Deinogen. The familiar sound of a communicator watch rebooting filled the room.

 

“Warning. Fatal shutdown imminent. Please d-d-d-d-d-d-disconnect from all alternative systems to continue reboot.” a tiny automated voice chirped out. 

 

Juku

 

A low hum filled Juku’s senses as ey began to stir. A familiar hum, with a taint of panic in its tone. It took a minute for it to register, but Juku slowly realized that ey recognized that tone. It was one of the last things ey heard, that deep resonating vibration overpowering the timid raspy voice of an older yuegengjian they had been speaking to before-

 

All at once Juku snapped back to reality with a start.

 

Zikvien! 

 

Ey squrimed to rise up in a panic before quickly realizing ey were completely pinned under a ceiling piece. By luck or instinct eir tail had curled up around em to protect em from the falling piece of debris but now it locked em under the sturdy piece of material. Ey sqirmed to try and get away before a tiny shift in the position of the rubble reminded em that would be a worse idea for their predicament. Ey could drop the tail, ey thought, but disengaging limbs was an undesirable process and could leave em worse for wear in the long run.

The same concerned tone resonated through eir senses once again breaking em out of eir spiraling thoughts. Right! 

 

[Zikvien, are you alright? Where are you? I am trapped, and I am unable to determine your location.] The zita-gaxx returned her calls with a snappy array of oscillating tones. 

 

Juku was concerned by an unexpected hesitation in her response. Was she alright? Did something come up? Ey began to repeat eirself before the thought connected in eir brain. Zikvien doen’t speak in tones very well. 

 

Having been born profoundly Deaf Juku learned to speak primarily in tones as eir first language, but unfortunately on eir home planet that language was more of a luxury to the few who stayed fluent. The majority of the zita-gaxx had dropped it in favor of verbal speech as was rarely spoken in the major cities nowadays. Most knew it at a surface level though, ey just had to account for that. 

 

Simplify, Juku, simplify. Ey began eir response again. This time it was slow and purposeful.

 

[Stuck. Need help. You okay? Location?] 


 

Jamie

 

Somewhere off in the far corner of the storage room lie the limp form of a small mijorian amongst the rubble. The way he had fallen across the shelves his tiny yellow body could easily be mistaken for a piece of equipment under all the brightly coloured safety cones scattered around him. 

 

Jamie’s return to consciousness was greeted by the familiar, obnoxious sound of his hearing aid screeching in his ear. Eyes still closed tightly he let out a sharp hiss as he moved his arm up to the back of his ear fin to take it off. As he slid his hand across his face he flinched away startled by the wetness he felt when he touched his temple. Wait…was he underwater? Oh no-

 

He flung himself up into a sitting position that was halted abruptly by his forehead connecting to a metal shelving beam. With a resounding metallic thud he was swiftly sent sailing back down to the floor. Both hands now gripping his temples in agony he let out a pained groan. His head was stinging. His arm ached. His whole body ached for that matter. He couldn’t hear anything over the whistling in his ears. It didn’t seem to matter how much he blinked, the world spiraled in layered images he couldn’t quite make out. Absently he reached out for whatever beam he had hit to try and hoist himself back up.  He struggled against the constant shifting of the shelf pieces he rested on top of but eventually made it back to a half sitting position, firmly gripping the beam between his claws for support.

 

Taking in a deep sigh, the mixed stench of blood and various chemicals hit him like a tidal wave and he began to gag harshly. He finally understood what the liquid running down his face and neck probably was but he chose not to think too much about it. The good news was he wasn’t underwater, and outside of the terrible smell in the air, could still breathe for the most part. Returning his hand up to the back of his ear fin, he grabbed at the small white node that sat behind it and tore it off. As it rested in his palm he stared at it disdainfully. 

 

“H-hey!” he called out. His voice sounded terribly raspy and far away.

 

“Is everyone okay?” He asked. Not that he could really hear anyone's response if they were.
 

Share this post


Link to post

Odrin.png

Odrin

LOCATION - Gardens

CHARACTERS - Aezsaa | Merryblossom | Pixx-L
 

[ “Some of these guys um…really…need doctors…” ] It was an uncertain statement, as well as a redundant one. Truth be told Odrin had said it more to convince himself of that fact. The alternative was that it was too late to help some of the individuals in the room, but the bogrul didn’t want to think about that just yet. Best to play ignorant and optimistic for now, if only to preserve his sanity.

 

Rising from his slouch, Odrin turned and started to hobble his way back towards the only other being that seemed capable of walking about right now. [ “Is that…” ] Odrin let the thought hang in the air, not sure what to make of the sudden appearance of a certain mop at the draxiek’s side. Dark eyes blinked rapidly at it and scanned the room, now spying what he had originally mistaken for a scattered clump of metallic debris from the roof. In fact it was now obvious that the rubble was actually a green and grey deinogen, one that he knew to be a janitor for the ship. Pointed ears briefly pinned to the side of his head, his eyes widening as he hurriedly glanced between the still-unconscious deinogen and the mop in her hand. [ “Take very, very good care of that.” ] He warned, pointing at the deinogen for emphasis in the hopes it would get the gist of his meaning across. 

 

A groan from the casualty broke his concentration from the cleaning device, and Odrin quickly stuttered out an apology for the distraction. Due to the unresponsive leg prosthetic it was somewhat tricky to kneel down in the way that he wanted. The end result was an awkward crouch, one that required him to stick said leg out to his side at an unnatural angle and briefly rest his hand on the shoulder opposite of the draxiek’s injured one until his other knee could properly support his weight. [ “Okay um…let’s…let’s take a look here…” ] 

 

Though he knew the basics of first aid, Odrin did not claim to be a medical expert in the slightest. Without guidance, the best he could manage was to open the first aid kit handed to him by Merryblossom and start to sift through its contents for something to stop the bleeding. “Talking, work?” He tried to ask in omnispeak now that his hands were occupied. The question was heavily accented though, the mark of a being that had only memorised a few helpful phrases and words without the aid of a translator. ”Doctors?” Continued Odrin, as he  now gently coaxed a roll of bandages under and around the torso of the barely-conscious being in front of them.

 

Odrin was quick to finish with the bandages. Once he felt they were secure he glanced back towards the Draxiek with a questioning look, silently requesting an assessment before gingerly getting back to his feet. Holding up a new fistful of bandages and a clip, he then gestured towards the stump around her shoulder.


---

 

Minerva.png.5b2023adf055989681cf8dcb3d79cc09.png

Dr. Minerva Malakou

LOCATION - Research Labs

CHARACTERS - Jixx-B | Hagall

 

Minerva winced in sympathy as she heard the warning voice issue from what she assumed to be some sort of communication device that was installed on the deinogen. “Oh…Honey Bee, that doesn’t sound good...” She replied in omnispeak, genuine concern peppering her voice as she reached towards xem. “I’m just going to see if I can figure out the extent of the damage, okay Honey Bee?” She then announced, before gently grazing her fingertips along what she believed to be the side of the alien’s head. It didn’t take long for her to discover that the mouth-plate had been broken, and automatically she emitted a hushing sound in an attempt to soothe xem. 

 

Gently, she set aside Hagall onto one of the desks that had managed to remain bolted in place before focusing her attention back on Jixx-B. Continuing from the face-plate she ran her hand along xer form, soon finding more signs of damage and, most distressingly, what felt to be part of a nearby desk still embedded into the metal along xer back. “Can you hear me? It’s Dr. Malakou. If you can hear me, can you try lifting your hand and giving me a thumb’s up?”

 

With that said, next on Minerva’s agenda was to listen to the warning from the deinogen’s device. “Alternative systems…? What would- Oh! I understand.” She recalled that moments before Jixx-B had been connected to one of the computers, ready to explain a security update to her. Minerva started to feel along the floor between the deinogen and the few computers left that were still anchored to the wall beside them. She was shocked to discover a series of cords still stretched tight across the floor, but hastily flicked the switch off on the computer’s power supply before disconnecting it from the deinogen.

 

“Alright…let’s hope that lets you do your reboot now, Honey Bee.” Sighed Minerva, now turning back towards the deinogen. She decided her next step should be to work on clearing some of the debris that xe was undoubtedly buried under, though she soon found that the sheer weight of the desks would be too much for her alone.

 

“Send message, ship-wide.”

 

Her communicator spluttered into life, its robotic voice crackling and dipping in volume towards the middle as it signalled that it was ready to record and transmit.

 

“Need emergency help in Research Labs, Computer Section. Injured deinogen, extent uncertain. Please come asap.”

 

With a garbled beep, the device supposedly sent out the signal.

 

---

 

Zikvien.png

Zikvien

LOCATION - Security Room

CHARACTERS - Juku | Momo

 

Blurred movement shifted in her peripherals, and Zikvien gingerly turned on the spot to face the section of rubble it had emitted from. She was about to continue her message, only for a rapid series of rumbling pitch shifts through the floor to overwhelm her line of thought. She paused, apologising out-loud for not understanding despite the fact that Juku would not have been able to hear her say it. Force of habit, for Zikvien, and she silently cursed herself at that moment for not taking Tones as a subject during her earlier education. Ever since meeting the older zita-gaxx and realising it was a dialect ey relied on she had been keen to learn more, but her progress with the language had unfortunately been a slow one so far.

 

Brow furrowed, she tried to concentrate on deciphering the response. The tones started again, but this time they came at a slower, more simple pace. Zikvien still struggled with one of the words, but to her relief this time she could figure out the gist of the statement. Stuck. Help needed. Where are you? Gritting her teeth together, she took a painful step forward and traced her clawed hands across the debris before her.

 

[ Pain. Leg pain. Neck pain. ] She informed in Tones, once she had been given a moment to plan out her response to the best of her ability. She wanted to better comfort Juku, as well as provide em with more details, but that was unfortunately where her ability to elaborate had come to a halt for now. Instead she had to concentrate on working her clawed hands under the largest chunk of rubble, sliding it along the edge until she was finally able to get a grip on the underside of it. [ Zikvien move up rubble. Be ready. ] Announced the zita-gaxx, in her best attempt to both warn Juku and request that ey help to the best of eir ability.

 

Thankfully for the both of them, Zikvien was in her prime when it came to brute strength, and even with the sharp ache in her neck and shoulder she was able to lift the largest slab off of the ground. Carefully she shuffled it to the side, setting it down with a heavy thud several inches from the pair of them before clearing away a significantly smaller clump with a sweep from her tail.

 

[ Juku pain? ] Crouching down, she then held out a talon towards the fellow zita-gaxx to help em stand once more.

 

---

 

Beatrix.png

Beatrix

LOCATION - Storage, Portside

CHARACTERS - Finn | Jamie

 

Ugh, why did I have to be stuck with Finn of all people? Man couldn’t find his way out of a cardboard box. Judging from the lack of meaningful response, Beatrix had no choice but to assume Finn was incapable of understanding her right now. [ “Alright…well…be a good lad and guard the door for me, then.” ] She sighed, despite knowing it meant very little to the garou. Beatrix turned from him to venture further into the storage room, now in search of  something that could help her lever away some of the items and shelves currently blocking the doorway. 

 

A metallic thud rang through the room, causing her to jump and hiss out another string of profanity from the startling sound. Glossy wings flared and flapped, doing their best to alleviate the weight around her twisted ankle as she half hopped, half hovered towards it. A voice, only vaguely familiar at best, then followed asking her if she was alright. 

 

[ “Yeah, yeah, I’ve had worse.” ] She grumbled in reply, before clearing her throat in an attempt to switch to omnispeak. “I am okay. Are you okay?” She called to the voice. With a slight hiss from the effort it warranted, she finally clambered up and over an upturned shelf to spot a bright-yellow mjiorian lurking across the room. Her head tilted to the side, analysing the state he was in for a moment before she scurried down onto the opposite side of the shelf and continued her hopping gait towards him. [ “Hope you’re more useful than dog-breath over there.” ] She continued, mostly to herself on the assumption that he too had no idea what she was saying. At least he was a mjiorian. They were much stronger than she could ever hope to be, and hopefully that meant that between the three of them they could get the shelves shifted away from the exit.


“Can walk? Need help.” Beatrix informed, now standing before him with an impatient expression as she placed her clawed hand on her hip. It was followed up by an exaggerated point towards the blocked doorway. “Oxygen low. Breathing will be hard.”

 

---

 

Asterodia.png

Asterodia

LOCATION - Living Quarters

CHARACTERS - Rex

 

The first sign of Asterodia waking up, as was typical of the bad-tempered mjiorian, was an impressive string of profanity spanning the several languages at her disposal. Immediately a sharp pain in her temple started to scream at her, and it prompted a dizzying sensation as she clutched her webbed hand against it. The motion had little effect on the horrible feeling though, if anything making contact with it only made the situation even more nauseating.

 

Not making the best of decisions right now, Aster tried to rise. This action was quickly abandoned when her world began to spin wildly, not to mention quite literally. The robotic implant that had replaced her left eye many years ago had started to spin rapidly in its socket, sending a dizzying snapshot of data to her brain until she scrunched both her eyes shut once more.

 

[ “Oh what in the bloody f- EYEBALL, OFF.” ] The whirring sound paused abruptly, as Aster felt the device disconnect from her retina and her left-hand side was plunged into darkness once more. Still disorientating, but far more welcome than whatever glitched monstrosity of a vision it had been trying to conjure up for her. She lifted a hand up to feel the side of her face, wincing as she registered the cracked screen of her implant and torn flesh surrounding it. Groggily she felt about in her pockets, soon fishing out an old eyepatch and sliding it over her face to mitigate some of what she assumed to be an unpleasant sight. Not good. But we’ll deal with that later. She told herself, exhaling sharply in annoyance before a secondary thought prompted her to raise her uninjured eyebrow.  At least it’s a good excuse to check in with Saphielle. She smirked. And then immediately regretted the motion as it pulled at the injured side of her face and alerted her to the torn ear-fin as well.

 

Gingerly, Aster slowly turned her attention to her room. Items were flung about all over the place, and to her dismay several of her trinkets collected over the years now lay twisted and broken around her. Blearily she looked about for what had smacked her in the face hard enough to cause a blackout, eventually spying the now-smashed glass bottle that had been sitting on the dresser across from her prior to waking up. “Ah.” Aster announced, flatly. She’d been saving that for a special occasion.

 

She wasn’t certain what was going on at this stage, only that judging by the mess the ship must have collided with something. Carefully she rose from her bed, brushing off the remaining shards of glass and staggering to her feet. Fetching her boots out from under her bed she slid them on before braving the glass and trinket-covered floor, and using the wall for support she headed for the door leading back to the modest living room of her quarters.

 

The living room was in far worse shape than the state of her bedroom. There had been several ceramic dishes sitting on the kitchen bench waiting to be cleaned that now littered the tiled floor in pieces, not to mention the various decorations that had joined them. Aster growled at the sight, not even wanting to contemplate how much it was going to cost both her and her roommate out of pocket to replace.


Speaking of which, it dawned on Asterodia that she should probably make sure her roommate was alright. Still using the wall to steady herself she worked her way around the mess of the living room, eventually coming to a stop at the other’s bedroom door. “OI, DOG-BREATH!” She hollered in perfect omnispeak, smacking her first against the door. “YOU AWAKE MATE OR AM I GONNA HAVE TO KICK THIS BLOODY DOOR DOWN?!”

Edited by Lycanious

Share this post


Link to post

Rex Hessel
Location: Living quarters
Company: best roomie Asterodia and cleaning responsibilities

 

✥ ✦ ✥ ✦ ✥

What...?

 

The world felt tumbled and upside down, like those washing machines that goes round and round beating the crap out of clothing, and Rex was pretty sure she was that clothing at the moment. She was so happy in her sleep, worn out from good work and a belly full of food, curled up in her bed dreaming of the wide expanse of space. Now, still curled up, she was no longer in her bed, but upside down in an unknown location.  Was it pain or soreness that shot through her body? Maybe it was that in-between state of waking from a lucid dream? - She couldn't tell. A deep breath was all she could manage, a dry cough following the action, and then supported by a pained groan.

 

She was definitely waking up now.

 

Eyes fluttered open to find nothing but darkness, blinking making no difference, and for a moment Rex thought she might've lost one of her senses. She had to reach out blindly, finding her fingers wrapped around the sad remains of her closet, using the broken frame to help her upright so her back could lean against a vertical surface. First her hearing returned, alerting her to the chaos outside of her confinement. Then her sense of smell - something nearby had fried. With no light in the vicinity and smoke not filling up both her nostrils, she felt confident that no fire had started, but it could still be cause for concern.

 

Light oon. She commanded the AI in her room, but got nothing in response. Please turn zee light oon. but again she got nothing. Sighing Rex followed the wall to her door, trying to fumble for the electric pad, but when she found it, it was smashed. She tapped the broken screen several times with an inquisitive claw, but got no reaction. Was the power completely cut to her room? There were no sparks flying or the smallest indication that anything remained useful, if she didn’t find a way out or someone found her, she would eventually suffocate. At least that would be better than starvation.

 

Shaking her head, Rex crawled on all fours back to the closet, finding the toolbox she had unwittingly protected by landing on it, and began rummaging for a flashlight. There was a sense of relief knowing she always had a tool close by, taking away the immediate feeling of helplessness in any situation. With her sight restored, her already non-existent levels of anxiety dwindled, giving her ample mental space to find a solution for her problem. The first thing she checked was the keypad next to her door, but even when she got the panel off, there was no power to the device. Rex poked and prodded with a voltage tester, trying to find any live wires that could help her reboot this mess, but found nothing. It was then that a loud banging came from the other side,  Asterodia’s beautifully ‘chipper’ voice cutting through the steel to reassure Rex that the beast hadn’t been forgotten.

 

You kick zee shteel, you hurt foot. Funny, yes. Smart, not soo much. But, you have me zee idea gifen, waits, please!Asterodia’s voice had been fairly dim on the other side of the door, so Rex wasn’t sure if her own low-pitch carried through, but in either case she went searching for another tool. Soon a loud banging and clanging could be heard from her side, the metal squeaking in dismay while she started tearing at the door. It took a few good jabs and a lot of weight to force the crowbar between into frame, using her whole body as leverage just to create enough of a gap so she could peek through.

 

The first thing that hit her was the overwhelming smell of blood. While every creature was different and bled in their own way, there were common denominators, like the minerals and metals. The sense of urgency Rex had been missing before was hitting her full force now and she started almost violently clawing at the metal like that would make it more malleable. It took a good amount of force to push the steel into its socket, but Rex didn’t need it to open all the way, just enough to squeeze through. If she could get her hips through, they were golden. A couple minutes of struggle later and Rex was now on the same side as Aster, in her PJs and looking worried.

 

Was happen? You are hurt, you need zee Doctor! I am very worried… Rex wanted to reach out and hug the grumpy woman, but didn’t want to cause her any more injury or pain - the medically best she could do was gaffa-tape her and that wasn’t exactly an optimal solution.

Edited by Askehalen

Share this post


Link to post

Jixx-B

 

Jixx-B’s body didn’t flinch or shudder at Minerva’s contact. Each of her soft reassurances failed to get any rise out of the Deinogen's unconscious form. The only thing her words managed to do was excite the communicator watch buried under xem into repeating itself again. 

 

As Minerva disconnected the computer cable from xir cheek panel the communicator beeped again. 

 

“Alternative systems disconnected. Initializing reboot.” The watch chirped out before falling silent.

 

[STARTUP SEQUENCE INITIALIZED]

 

[ORGANIC SYSTEMS: LOADING 40% ]

 

[CYBERNETIC SYSTEMS: LOADING 60% ]

 

[OPERATING SYSTEM: LOADING 20% ]

 

Without warning the Deinogens whole body convulsed violently causing several of the desks around xem to go flying into the nearby computer bank with a startling crash. Xir metal plating screeched against the ground in ear-raking bursts. Xir limbs twisted and shook in a seizure-like motion accompanied by the sound of glass shards falling to the floor around xem. But just as fast as it happened the cacophony stopped as Jixx-B fell still for a moment.

 

[ORGANIC SYSTEMS ONLINE]

 

[CYBERNETIC SYSTEMS ONLINE]

 

[OPERATING SYSTEM ONLINE]

 

[SYSTEM SAFETY MODE ON, OPERATING AT 15% NORMAL CAPACITY]

 

[SEVERE DAMAGE TO ALL SYSTEMS DETECTED]

 

The silence was broken by the harsh staticky sound of Jixx-B’s voice module coming back online.

 

“D-D-D-D-D-Doctor Mal-Mal-Malakou..” Xe started before the staticky sounds of xir speech gave way to heavy vomiting as blood poured from xir mouth. Xe gagged and gagged before xe tried to speak again but couldn’t seem to get control of xir body long enough to utter a word. 

 

[PANELING BREACH DETECTED, CUTTING OFF FLUIDS FROM OUTER SYSTEMS]

 

[FLUIDS REROUTING TO LONG TERM STORAGE: LOADING 50%]

 

Finally the coughing died down long enough for xem to take in a shaky breath. The dancing light across xir facial panel glitched into place to form four large, pointed glowing eyes that blinked open slowly. Everything was dark. Has the optic display not come online yet? 

 

“Optic s-s-s-s-system condition check.” Xe said hoarsely.

 

[OPTIC SYSTEM ONLINE]

 

[VISUAL PROCESSORS RUNNING AT REDUCED SPEED]

 

So it wasn’t an internal problem then. Xe shook xir head once in an attempt to reset the processing speed but in doing so dislocated xir mouthplate further. Xe spat out pained curses in crackling chirps and hisses as xe clicked xir jaw around to try and get it back into place.

 

At last the mouthpiece relocated itself with a resounding pop. Xe opened and closed xir mouth a few times just to make sure it was working. 

 

“D-D-Doctor…a-a-a-a-are zzzt y-you alrig-g-g-ght? Whe- zzt where a-a-a-are you-u?” Xe asked, xir voicebank interrupted by clips of static. Slowly the Deinogen began to uncurl xemself from around the desk xe had impacted with as much caution as to not drive the desk piece any further into xir chest. Steadily, shaking with pain, xe started to slide xir limbs torpidly across the floor back underneath xemself for better support. Xir right back leg was first as xe carefully shifted xir weight over to the side to pull the limb closer and tuck it neatly underneath xemself. As xe started to move xe left back leg xe paused for a moment. Something was off about the weight of the limb.

 

“M-M-M-M-M-My foot-t-t…I…think it's missing.” Xe sputtered out. It was far too dark for xem to really see if it was detached, but it couldn’t have gone far if it had. If xir sensors were to be believed, it was probably buried in the unfortunate remains of the Computer Labs.

 

Now with all fours bundled underneath xem, xe began to lift xemself up from the ground ever so slightly, one shaking limb at a time. 

 

“M-Minerva zzt p-p-p-p-p-please watch-ch-ch out..” xe asked softly. 

 

In an unsteady pushup motion Jixx-B started lifting xemself up onto xir knees, desks and screens tumbling away as xe gradually rose from off the floor. Finally nearing a sitting position xe let out a sharp hiss of pain as the desk piece lodged in xir chest fell away at last. Instinctively xir lower set of arms quickly moved to cover the opening that had been split into xir chestplate. But just before xe could sit up properly xe suddenly doubled over in pain once again.

 

“My b-b-b-back hurts. I d-don’t think i c-c-can move zzt much zzt more than this…I-I-I-I-I’m sorry M-M-M-Minerva…” Xe gasped out.

 

Juku

 

Juku waited anxiously for Zikvien’s response. It was a bit clunky at first but ey got the message clearly enough. 

 

[Can move? Also stuck?] Ey replied.

 

Before ey could finish asking the question ey could feel a heavy step coming closer to em. With a flicker of hesitation Juku wondered if those steps were a good or bad thing before eir thoughts were reassured by Zikviens calls.

 

[Yes. Ready.] Ey rumbled back with eagerness in eir tone.

 

As ey felt the piece of rubble shift Juku put whatever strength ey could summon into pushing against it with eir tail and available limbs. The crumbling remains of the ceiling slid off of em with ease and ey were left lying on eir side propped up against eir shoulder on the floor. 

 

As the fellow zita-gaxx extended her claw Juku took it gingerly and rose slowly from the ground. As ey steadily made it to eir feet ey suddenly let go of Zikvien’s claw to grasp eir shoulder with a wince. Now that ey weren’t being suffocated underneath a block of debris the blood rushing back into eir limbs reminded em that ey wouldn’t be making it away unschathed. Eir tail burned and eir shoulder hurt to move, it was more than likely subluxed and ey had more bruising than ey cared to keep track of at the moment.

 

[Shoulder pain. Tail pain. Am okay.] Juku tried eir best to explain.

 

[Others? Awake? Lights?] Juku asked, turning around to look about the scarcely lit room in search for any others ey could assist.

 

Jamie

 

Rubbing his eyes clear the world ever so slowly layered back into one foggy image. It was a little dark around the edges but at least he could see somewhat. The lights had clearly gone out but it was well lit enough for him to notice the trails of blood that ran from his head, down his neck and shoulders to the edge of his right forearm. It made him shudder. Small cuts and scrapes grazed his iridescent yellow skin from where various shelving items had hit him upon impact. He was definitely sore, but nothing seemed to be missing or broken. It wasn’t the worst shape he’d ever been in, but it was pretty close.

 

His head snapped to the sound of some far away voice he couldn’t quite make out. Squinting into the distance the tiny form of some winged creature came hobbling towards him making an obnoxious amount of noise. He quickly tried pulling himself up on the shelf beam he was holding, but the cones he was on top of tripped him over and he awkwardly fell back into the pile face first. 

 

“Ow.” he mumbled.

 

Lifting his head up from the pile of cones he was in, he found himself gazing into the eyes of some angry-looking ix-ruulkan woman staring at him with a hand on her hip, pointing over at something in the distance.

 

“Ah! S-sorry! What was that?” He stuttered in omnispeak, scrambling into all fours. 

 

“I can’t uh…hear too well at the moment…my poor hearing aid seems to have gone out. Haha.” He explained, opening his palm out to her to show her the complaining device. After a second he gazed at it sadly and put it in his pocket.

 

“But its fine! Tooooooootally fine! Are you okay? Do you need help?” He asked, both speaking and signing simultaneously, rising up from his little pile only to bonk his head on the shelving beam he had forgotten about yet again. He gripped the top of his head and glared at the unit for a second before returning his attention to the woman in front of him.


 

Edited by DustyStar

Share this post


Link to post

Gs2PZHTl.png

 

[DR. SAPHIELLE IANPEIROS : MEDICAL]

[LOCATION : MEDICAL LABS - DR. SHIVERS' OFFICE]

 

"Is... Is being something to be blocking the door?" The look that Dr. Shivers gives Saphielle makes her heart sink. "Is maybe being trapped, yes. Is being able to call for help? Or be fixing door?"

 

Damn it. DAMN IT. Saphielle slams into the door with the side of her fist and lets out a stream of curses in koshka. "We need to get the nine hells out of here, but how?" She tries to look around the room for anything that she could try to squeeze through. "You wouldn't happen to have a battering ram on standby, would you?" She pauses. "Or a... A... Dammit, what's the word?" Saphielle says the word in koshka, her tail lashing about in irritation that she can't think of the word in omnispeak. When she looks up, she raises her eyebrows. "Oh hello, now... That looks like something I can squeeze through." She turns her head to face the other doctor. "Okay, um. Doctor Shivers, if you wait here, maybe I can open the door from the other side? Will you be alright in here?"

 

Once they affirm that yes, they'll be fine, Saphielle nods. "I'll be back, I swear. I'll scope out the situation and give it a shot." Once said, she climbs up the nearest wall and squeezes herself into the vent, noting that she fits a little better than she used to. Oh. I should be concerned, but I will be at a Later Time. It's stress. Saphielle wriggles out on the other side and nimbly hops down to the ground. Upon entering the room, her face falls. 

 

What the hells happened here...?

 

The soft crying of a baby fills her ears, and instantly her ears perk up. "Doctor Shivers. If you can hear me, there's a baby in here."

 

 

V8aC22fl.png

[VIRGIL CERULLO : SECURITY]

[LOCATION : ARCADE]

 

"No signal on my end," Virgil curses as he tries to move his device around. "My communicator might be busted, Mar. F***, this is a problem." He shakes his head as he follows the mijorian man down towards the labs. "Aster's a strong b******, I'm sure she's fine. And if she's not, I will personally strongarm her to wake her up. Seems we need some muscle right now." He grumbles a couple things in Italian under his breath. "I just don't get what in the flying f*** happened. I just... Like, what's going ON here? I keep trying to contact Zikvien, but..." He curses as the message bounces back for the millionth time. "Screw this device!" He growls in frustration, stuffing it in a pocket. 

 

Looking at the rubble, Virgil sighs. "I ain't got a strategy, but I can do as much as I can with this crap." He shakes his head before starting to poke at the heavier pieces. "Damn, if someone did hit us, they better be ready with some backup. They f***** us up here." With that, he shrugs. "Well, I wonder... Maybe if I put these to the side, stack them like this so we have a path--" He groans when he has to move to the side as some rubble starts sliding down. "Or... That."

 

F*** me gently with a chainsaw, he thinks to himself.

Share this post


Link to post

Asterodia.png

ASTERODIA

LOCATION: Living Quarters

CHARACTERS: Rex

 

“I’m fine, I’m fine. Ain’t like it's the first time I headbutted a bottle into pieces.” Aster grunted. Her answer was followed by a dismissive hand–wave as she took a step away from the far taller woman, deliberately distancing herself in the hopes it would avoid having her injuries be inspected. Mjiorians were legendary for their resilience after all, she could handle herself just fine for now. Physical contact was additionally not something Aster was particularly fond of, with the exception of a few individuals, though she wasn’t certain how well someone like Rex remembered that rule. 

 

Though the main power seemed to be offline, the series of tiny, circular safety lights lining the walls of their room bathed the area in just enough light for Aster to determine that Rex thankfully wasn’t injured. Or, at least, well enough to stand before her. “Dunno what happened yet.” She announced, now turning from the other woman in favour of approaching the Echo screen that sat near the entrance to their quarters. Tapping at the screen, she frowned as she briefly observed her eye-shaped symbol fizzle and glitch into view before promptly disappearing again. At the same time, an automatic error message crackled out of the speaker for the screen. “ERROR. PRIMARY SYSTEMS OFFLINE. SECONDARY SYSTEMS DISPLAY MODERATE LEVELS OF CORRUPTION.” A huff of annoyance escaped Aster, and she stooped to pry open the panel below the screen embedded into the wall.

 

“Hm…nothing out of the ordinary I’m seeing here…I’m guessing something happened to the Power Core?” She rumbled. Standing back up, she then gestured towards the panel as a silent invitation for Rex to offer a second opinion before switching her gaze to the room around them. “Aye, something ain’t right for sure. Reckon we better go checkout Engineering and see what’s up.” Thankfully, due to their occupations they were only a short walk away from the main Power Core room. The front door was similarly unresponsive as Aster approached it, though thankfully she was able to manually force it open after prying off the panel beside it and turning the valve to release it.


“****, looks like the power’s down out in the hall here too. We might be running on the backup generator at the moment.” Aster stepped out of their quarters and into the hall, glancing back to check whether Rex planned on following her.

 

----

 

Minerva.png.5b2023adf055989681cf8dcb3d79cc09.png

DR. MINERVA MALAKOU

LOCATION: Research Labs

CHARACTERS: Jixx-B | Hagall

 

Alarmed, Minerva instinctively flinched back as unnerving sounds filled her ears. Something large and solid, possibly a desk, clipped her in the arm as it was flung across the room. A sharp hiss of pain escaped her and she clutched at her arm, grimacing as she tried to piece together what was happening to her poor deinogen colleague. 

 

The staticky, stuttering voice of Jixx-B finally answered her. For just a second she was relieved. “Yes? Yes it’s me Honey Bee- oh no, sweetie…Said relief was quickly cut short, as she heard the horrible retching from the other being and started to panic over what that meant for xem. Though she had picked up a handful of interesting facts about deinogens since working alongside one, Minerva could hardly claim to be an expert when it came to treating injuries. 

 

“I’m okay, but my visual aid and Hagall are both unresponsive.” She informed when asked, being sure to reach forward and grasp briefly at the deinogen’s arm to indicate her presence before withdrawing her hand once more. The supposed missing foot would have to go ignored for now, she decided, as judging from the distress emanating from the deinogen xey had worse problems to worry about right now. Treading carefully, Minerva slowly made her way over to the wall and walked along it, her hand tracing across various panels and fixtures along it. Beside her she could hear Jixx-B struggling with something, xer sharp claws scraping frantically across the ground and earning xem a wince of sympathy as she searched for what she needed. Finally made contact with the words ‘First Aid Kit’ embedded in braille. Mercifully it seemed that the emergency kit had managed to stay anchored to its storage panel, and Minerva quickly extracted it before returning to Jixx-B’s side.


“No, no, please don’t apologise. Just try to rest while I try to work this out, alright?” Minerva sighed, setting down the First Aid kit beside them to start rifling through for supplies. Soon her fingers graced across what felt to be a few bundles of cloth bandages, as well as a large roll of tape. Judging from its bumpy texture, it was of the strong, water-proof variety of duct tape. “I’m going to patch you up as best as I can and then I’m going to go get help.” She informed, forcing her voice to stay calm as she removed a section of gauze from the kit and held it out for Jixx-B to take a look at. “Can you direct me to where you want me to patch first?”

 

---

 

Marlow.png

MARLOW

LOCATION: Hallway > Research Labs

CHARACTERS: Blue-Bot | Hagall | Juku | Minerva | Virgil

 

Likewise, a grumble of profanities from mixed origins escaped Marlow once Virgil informed him communications were down. “Ain’t they supposed to still work during a power failure?” He questioned, brow knitting together with concern as his brain failed to come up with a definitive answer to that. He was certain Zikvien had mentioned something about that during their training…

 

Virgil’s small outburst at the device made him jump slightly out of surprise, and his distracted gaze quickly sharpened back onto the man beside him. “Aye, it’s really weird for sure.” Blue eyes widened with an abrupt line of thought. “Maybe someone’s turned on a jammer, somewhere?” Not that Marlow was any sort of expert when it came to tracking or dismantling such a device, but it was certainly something they’d warned about in security training.

 

It also brought about the very concerning question of why someone would do that, if he proved to be correct in his theory.

 

Swallowing down his budding anxiety over the matter for now, Marlow turned his attention towards clearing the debris with Virgil. It mercifully didn’t take the pair very long to forge a path through to the research labs, and Marlow announced the presence of both of them upon entering the room.

 

“Jixx-B? Doctor Minerva?  Everything alright in here- oh gods…” The angle at which Jixx-B was slouched had hidden the extent of xer injuries until Marlow had made his way through the door. At the same time as his eyes registered the state xey were in his nostrils caught a deep whiff of the foul-smelling liquid oozing out of the deinogen, and he audible gagged and turned his back to excuse himself. Quickly the bucket containing the small bot they had found was deposited on the table, and Marlow began to tug desperately at the collar of his shirt in an attempt to better cover his sensitive gills. 

 

“Oh! Thank goodness. I need to get poor Honey Bee here to the infirmary but I can’t lift xem on my own.” Minerva informed, a look of relief crossing her features as she paused from all the bandaging. Marlow took that as an excuse to duck back out of the room and recompose himself, assessing the state of the hallway leading to the medical labs before lingering back in the doorframe. “Infirmary path’s blocked, we just came from there.  But I reckon we can get Bee there through the Medical Labs?” His head then turned to the deinogen, frown returning. “You reckon you can walk, Bee…? Or are we gonna have to find a way to drag you there?”

 

---

 

Shivers.png

DR. SHIVERS

LOCATION: Medical Labs > Infirmary

CHARACTERS: Dr. Ianpeiros

 

Being easily over a foot taller than Saphielle and having far more limbs at their disposal to have to squeeze through, there was little hope for Shivers to follow her into the maintenance vent. Instead they hummed with an annoyed acceptance that they seemingly had to stand around and wait, one set of arms crossing over their chest while their talon tapped erratically on the tiled floor beneath them.

 

It wasn’t long before they heard Saphielle’s voice again. Faint, but still audible. Their head tilted in confusion all the same, wondering if they’d heard her right. “Is not being with parental unit?” They eventually called to her, followed by a trill that rose and fell rapidly in pitch and volume. Saphielle may have learned by now that this was the sound Shivers made when they were disapproving of something, though they otherwise kept their thoughts to themself on the matter for now. “What species is being?”

 

After a moment, it became apparent to Shivers that her attention was now focused elsewhere instead of on opening the door. Or, perhaps, the release had been broken on that side too. With a huff of further annoyance the doctor approached the door and stooped to poke at the manual release valve some more. When that failed, they stooped further down to inspect some of the panels along the door.

 

“Wait, what is being…?“ 

 

Several small, metallic spikes seemed to have pierced through the metal of the door from the other side. They were of a similar colour to the door itself, meaning that Shivers had glazed over them at first. An even amount sat on either side of the sliding doors, two each side near the bottom of the doors and two each side near the top. Questioning, but undeterred, Shivers retrieved their trusty scalpel and used it to start prying off the bits of metal. It took a while, but with the combination of strong materials and the ability to heat the bladed tip to warp the metal it didn’t take long for the doctor to finally force the spikes back through to the other side. A satisfying small, metallic ‘clank’ confirmed that something had detached from the door, and they stretched upwards to do the same with the spikes near the top of the door until a second ‘clunk’ sounded. Finally, turning the valve in the wall released the pressure lock on the door, and Shivers was able to scurry out of the room to reunite with Saphielle.

 

Briefly they glanced towards the floor as they passed through, taking note of what looked to be two clamps that had been attached to the door from the other side. Concerning, to say the least. It was enough to make the doctor pause for a moment to contemplate their existence, eventually stooping to sweep them up into one of their many, many lab coat pockets before continuing onwards.


“No, no, is not being good. Infirmary is being all messy and the upside down.” They fretted, now turning their attention to the fact that several beds and expensive pieces of equipment had been flung about the place.  "Is Doctor Freckles Koshka being knowing the casualty count yet, yes?"

 

---

Beatrix.png

BEATRIX

LOCATION: Storage - Portside

CHARACTERS: Finn | Jamie
 

Unamused to say the least, Beatrix could only glare across at the mjiorian as she watched him flounder about and try to scramble back up onto his feet. A claw ran down the side of her face, followed by a deep inhale that she held for several seconds before finally exhaling once more. [ "We don’t have a lot of time, tuna-head. "] She growled out in ix-ruulkan, before switching back to a language they at least semi-shared. “Time short. Move things.” She did her best to explain, accompanying the order with a dramatic gesture towards shelves still blocking the doorway and then towards him.

 

As the device was held out to her she faulted, slightly, and a sliver of sympathy perhaps made itself known before it was quickly buried under her annoyance and assistance that they needed to get out of here first and foremost. “Wife can fix. Need to go.” She informed, though she was uncertain over what gestures to accompany the explanation with. Omnisign had never been her strong-point, limiting her to either typing out what she wanted to say or an unsuccessful attempt at charades next if he couldn’t determine what she meant.


Instead she decided best to lead by example, and she hopped her way back over to where the shelves are. They were far too heavy for her to hope to lift on her own, but she could at least start clearing away some of the objects that had fallen to make a clearer path for the mjiorian. “With anyone else? Or just you?” Beatrix asked as she hobbled around, now checking under various things to make sure there wasn’t anyone else hiding somewhere out of view that they should be attending to.

 

---

Zikvien.png

ZIKVIEN

LOCATION: Security Room

CHARACTERS: Juku | Momo

 

Zikvien angled her head towards Momo at the question, but her expression was grim when she then focused her line of sight back onto Juku. [ Need health-people. Think some souls reclaimed. ] She wished that she could say something more tactful in her mourning over that, but her vocabulary was unfortunately too limited when it came to Tones. Again her gaze swept over the debris, noting very little movement from elsewhere. Logic dictated that she should start sifting through it all, and so she began to do just that despite the numerous protests from her own injuries.

 

It was only after moving aside several large clumps of rubble, did her theory truly sync in as confirmed. An unresponsive Commander Kharzon, her mentor, was the first she had found. At first Zikvien kept a neutral face in light of this discovery, trying to power her way through the raw emotion bubbling to the surface and threatening to overtake her. But eventually it got the better of her, and feeling suddenly weak in the knees she slumped heavily against the floor into a seated position.

 

Zita-gaxx didn’t cry in the same way many other species did. Given how precious a resource that water was on their planet, their bodies had evolved to waste very little of it. But she did emit a low bellow of anguish, loud enough for it to vibrate through the floor, and forced her gaze on the viewport beside her in a hopeless attempt to hide her moment of grief from Juku.

 

It was there, after staring out the viewport for a few moments, did it register with Zikvien that there was something odd floating beside the ship. It was difficult to make out all the features, given how close it was to the window, but it eventually occurred to her that she had been staring not at the void of space, but a similarly-coloured wall of scaled flesh. She blinked, rapidly, torn between her sorrow and the bizarre discovery enough to roll back onto her feet and move to press her snout against the glass for a better view. Not much else was visible at the angle she could see, other than the suggestion of a more colourful fin running along the back of whatever leviathan was pressed up against the ship.

 

[ Big creature. Attack ship? ] She asked Juku. As if on cue, the creature started to roll, and Zikvien noted that they were gradually floating away from the ship. It was then that she was able to observe the lacerations across the creature’s flesh, marred by what looked to be freshly-made laser burns. A dark substance, ink-like in both colour and texture, was pouring out of the creature. Zikvien’s concerns over potential danger turned to sympathy, and she glanced back towards Juku. [ Looks hurt. Think still unclaimed soul? ]

Edited by Lycanious

Share this post


Link to post


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.