Darth Krande

Holidays in market during their season

Halloweens, Christmases, and Valentines only drop one week per year, and recent releases (currently, the Xmas 2020 dragon) are very hard to find in the cave - and even those who have good internet and quick reflexes might not want to spend their holidays hunting. Also, Xmas and Val breeds are limited to 2 CBs, so even those who are willing to take up the old-breed eggs in the Holidays Cave to get a chance at the newer releases, are expected to release their old adults to pick up eggs they wouldn't even need.

Wouldn't it be nice for old Holidays breeds (Halloweens, Christmases, Valentines) to be available in the Market during their event week? 

Edited by Darth Krande

While it could make things easier for those looking for a certain breed (ex. those hunting CB Glystere this year) - I personally don't see adding them to the Market doing much good.

A lot of players who release their old CB Holidays do it because either:

A. They're working on a lineage - which having them in the market would make it easier for them to get the eggs, they still need to wait until next year when the newly grown CB comes off cool-down to breed it.

OR

B. They're hunting for a better code - which in this case, having them in the Market makes it worse because now players are losing shards if they buy an egg with a code they don't like as opposed to just losing time.

Plus, this could also lead to larger Holiday/Valentine's CB walls blocking the AP as people buy/abandoned Market eggs thinking they're 'helping' players hunting the AP for 'nice' eggs.

All that aside, I'd support Halloweens being added to the Market (because there is no limit) but not Holiday/Valentine eggs.

9 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

A. They're working on a lineage - which having them in the market would make it easier for them to get the eggs, they still need to wait until next year when the newly grown CB comes off cool-down to breed it.

This is the case as it is now with the biome? I don't really see this as an argument to not support them being available in the market... 

9 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

B. They're hunting for a better code - which in this case, having them in the Market makes it worse because now players are losing shards if they buy an egg with a code they don't like as opposed to just losing time.

As for this, it would just make sense for people who want to code hunt to still use the biome. Plus who cares if they want to waste their shards hoping for a Market-born coded holiday? O.o 

I can see the downside to this would be less movement in the holiday biome and probably make it harder for some to get the holidays they need, but I think it's a good alternative for people who don't have as much time to (understandably) spend during the holiday seasons. I wouldn't use it but I support the option being available. 

Edited by schenanigans

I have never seen people buying rare eggs and blocking the AP with them, but I might be just that unlucky. Perhaps a gold-like price tag would ensure this doesn't happen? As in, I would pay 3 000 shards for a Pitfire egg, but right now I totally couldn't block the AP with all the eggs I can afford. 

Also, even if they only cost one hundred shard (the minimum I guess, one week's worth of DC playing) the maximum amount one very active user could buy is 52 eggs per year, 17 eggs per holiday at average. If they ration and never buy anything for themself. 

A very very long shot: how about making these market eggs extremely price-y, but they wouldn't count in the CB limit? You can make 5 200 shard per year. A third "caveborn" holiday would cost 4 000. 

That definitely wouldn't make the AP walls worse. 

Edited by Darth Krande

I really don't see people buying and then blocking the AP with Market Xmas/Vdays. They'd have to be able to both have a slot for one of the holidays AND be willing to pay to just dump it in the AP "to be nice" and I don't see that being a thing any more than we currently experience CB Xmas/Vdays in the AP. Sure they occasionally happen but they don't stay terribly long, and certainly not enough to wall (not counting the end of the holiday AP)

I think a super expensive price tag defeats the purpose. You'd basically only be able to buy one a year. I don't think they should be super cheap, but I am sure a balanced middle ground can be found. If anything I would support Xmas/Vday holidays in the market over Halloween since there IS just a 2 CB limit in that regard lol

Full support for this, I wouldn't use the function myself but I can see how it could be helpful for several people. Also, this could potentially make CB Vampires available again - without having to take up any of the Halloween biome slots.

On the post above:

3 minutes ago, Darth Krande said:

Perhaps a gold-like price tag would ensure this doesn't happen?

I don't really see an argument of 'being able to block the AP' being valid here.

Even if each Halloween egg costs 100 shards [the lowest cost of an egg in the market right now], you would still need:

-Enough space to fill up your egg slots

-Enough shards to afford all of them

-To wait 5 hours between each drop, since you can't abandon market eggs as soon as you buy them.

Even if someone was to waste all of their slots just to 'flood' the AP for one rotation/refresh at the lowest possible market price, they would need at least 2400 shards - that's 24 weeks of shard grinding - and 15 hours of wait. Which would result in only 24 eggs, mind you.

This is in no way comparable to massbreeding and abandoning things to the AP, in fact it's an absurdly difficult and time consuming thing to do even if several users banded to do this together, because they would also completely waste opportunity to catch any other eggs they might want or need.

To add on top of that, this is only possible with Halloweens because to replicate the same thing with Valentines/Holidays, you would need to release your own CBs first - which is even more nonsencial.

So I see no reason to implement some kind of a higher price whatsoever.

I don't think 'block the AP with Market eggs' would ever actually happen, and regardless it's no different than people who grab biome eggs and toss them to the AP, so that doesn't really seem like a big deal. 

I tentatively support this simply because of the sheer *number* of older holiday breeds we have at this point, and having one single holiday biome where the older holidays just sit there blocking everything else because no one *can* pick them up is definitely a hindrance. I do wonder how much worse it would make the holiday biome stagnate, if people could just buy them instead, but since it already does that I don't see it as a huge block to this suggestion. 

Support. Holidays are mostly for IRL, remember, and now you have to spend an absurd amount of time to get recent CBs needed.

This would not affect negatively anyone but could offer more time to spend IRL and less anxiety for pixels. Holidays should be relaxing times.

(Also, if this would become true for Ween too, this means I could just spend 2-4 'weeks' of shards instead of my whole birthday hunting for the last year release on 29th.... Pitfire were a nightmare and I got NONE this year!)