_Terminus24

Official Xmas (Funny or Fancy) Video Thread!

Hello boys, girls!  

Just thought it might be interesting if all of you post different videos about Christmas (They can be funny, sad or maybe just videos that can make you think during Christmas what and what not to do) Want to give it a try? 🎅

Here's mine. Not long for Christmas so thought it's time for a good laugh! 🙂

https://giphy.com/clips/mrmethane-christmas-xmas-merry-hykmvfWYlHuAk8J2O9

Edited by _Terminus24

The serious stuff:

Christmas Truce (animated story video) (made in partnership with Yarnhub)

Christmas Truce (official music video) (let the credits play out, the vocals over them are stunning)

And now a couple to lighten the mood once more:

Valhalleluja (turn on the CCs and put your drink down)

I Am Santa Claus (a Black Sabbath parody)

And some of my favorite vocalists doing metal Christmas music in Finland, an annual concert series called Raskasta Joulua (Heavy Christmas):

Varpunen jouluaamuna (Sparrow on Christmas Morning - Marko Hietala and a school choir from Helsinki)

Oi Jouluyö (O Holy Night - Floor Jansen, yes, she was pregnant during this performance, baby Freja had the best "seat" in the house!)

14 hours ago, catstaff said:

The serious stuff:

Christmas Truce (official music video) (let the credits play out, the vocals over them are stunning)

Not gonna lie, the first time I heard this song I cried. I can only imagine the horrors those poor men faced during the war, and what veterans face still today.

I just found this hour+ long compilation of songs by  Tommee Profitt in collab with a bunch of other artists. Pretty good stuff. 1 HOUR CINEMATIC CHRISTMAS MUSIC

5 hours ago, Queen Firebreath said:

Not gonna lie, the first time I heard this song I cried. I can only imagine the horrors those poor men faced during the war, and what veterans face still today.

I just found this hour+ long compilation of songs by  Tommee Profitt in collab with a bunch of other artists. Pretty good stuff. 1 HOUR CINEMATIC CHRISTMAS MUSIC

You and me both, when it comes to crying over Christmas Truce. Are you familiar with Sabaton's No Bullets Fly? That's another tearjerker, especially the Yarnhub animated story video. I won't put it here since it's not a Christmas song, but if you don't know it and want to see it, I can PM you with the link.

That compilation's pretty good, although I only recognize two names - Tina Guo (mostly from when she guested with Sabaton at Wacken 2019) and Avril Lavigne.

Gotta say you got me crying is well, I also imagined the horrors that those men went through In that war. 

giphy.gif

On 12/9/2021 at 9:10 AM, catstaff said:

The serious stuff:

And now a couple to lighten the mood once more:

Valhalleluja (turn on the CCs and put your drink down)

I Am Santa Claus (a Black Sabbath parody)

And some of my favorite vocalists doing metal Christmas music in Finland, an annual concert series called Raskasta Joulua (Heavy Christmas):

Varpunen jouluaamuna (Sparrow on Christmas Morning - Marko Hietala and a school choir from Helsinki)

Oi Jouluyö (O Holy Night - Floor Jansen, yes, she was pregnant during this performance, baby Freja had the best "seat" in the house!)

The Christmas Truce story has always really affected me, I teared up just reading about it on Wikipedia several years ago. It's such a beautiful and also terrible story. It reminds me of a C.S. Lewis quote, that being human is "both honor enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth." I'm so happy Sabaton did a version that really brought forward the emotions!

Valhallelujah and I Am Santa Claus made me laugh! I don't know the language of the other two songs, but both are very pretty :)

I've been listening to this album a lot by Majestica:

A Christmas Carol Album

Glory of Christmas (bonus)

This Christmas (bonus #2)

1 hour ago, Aniia said:

The Christmas Truce story has always really affected me, I teared up just reading about it on Wikipedia several years ago. It's such a beautiful and also terrible story. It reminds me of a C.S. Lewis quote, that being human is "both honor enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth." I'm so happy Sabaton did a version that really brought forward the emotions!

Valhallelujah and I Am Santa Claus made me laugh! I don't know the language of the other two songs, but both are very pretty :)

I've been listening to this album a lot by Majestica:

A Christmas Carol Album

Glory of Christmas (bonus)

This Christmas (bonus #2)

Yay for Tommy Johansson's side project! He's got a good voice, too.

Varpunen jouluaamuna and Oi jouluyö are Finnish; the Raskasta Joulua concerts are an annual thing in Finland. Marko's been a part of it since it started back in 2003 or 2004, I don't recall which. Sadly, I just saw earlier that he's not going to perform in the next couple of shows due to illness.

Just now, catstaff said:

Are you familiar with Sabaton's No Bullets Fly? That's another tearjerker, especially the Yarnhub animated story video. I won't put it here since it's not a Christmas song, but if you don't know it and want to see it, I can PM you with the link.

I just finished watching the video. What an awesome story. It's amazing to think people still tried to do right by others, even though they were sworn enemies at the time. 

I'd also like to contribute Two Steps from Hell's Christmas Medley  for an epic Christmas mashup. 

Edited by Lagie