Kingchobab

The licenses and types of apps allowed by DC

I'm learning Python. I want to make an app using what I learned. So I am curious about the exact allowable range, so I ask a question.
1. Does DC only allow web apps?
- I've already made the Abandon Line Viewer and Egg Finder Python
The Abandon Lineage Viewer copies the link of the egg from Abandoned, pastes it into the program, and presses the button to go to the Lineage page of the egg.
Egg Finder copies the egg's explanation phrase from the cave and tells you what egg it is when you press the habitat button.

image.png.e0b505318b3330403706e984a8316678.png
These programs are not overwhelmingly advantageous compared to others because they have to "copy" phrases and "press the button" of the program. But it offers some advantages over people who don't use it. Are these two apps allowed?
2. Sprite license
I understand that if the app includes sprite, the sprite should be granted permission. However, it is very difficult to find numerous spriters and get permission one by one.
2.1. The app I'm making right now is Lineage Analyzer. After extracting only the form and variety from the dragon's Lineage page, learn it to create artificial intelligence, and score the dragon's Lineage entered again by the artificial intelligence.
Dragon Cave API does not provide variety information. Therefore, some of the sprites should be included in the app for classification. And this Lineage Analyzer will soon be created in the form of a fan site (because I have no experience in web development, I don't know when this will be).
2.2. Including the previous event sprite, I would like to make a mini game called Decorating the Cave. This will also be produced in the form of a fan site, and all it takes is to place dragons and decorations. This must include sprite. Is it allowed?

+ Is it okay to do the 2nd processing?

++ If I am not authorized to use the image, is it ok to call the image from the user's scroll and use it?

Edited by Kingchobab

i dont know about the permissions, but these seem extremely cool! im pretty sure the Abandon Lineage Viewer would be allowed, as it just presses the button once for you (i think thats what you meant),not very advantage giving, just handy.

This thread has artist information on permissions. But, I suspect only TJ09 can answer the rest. 

5 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

i dont know about the permissions, but these seem extremely cool! im pretty sure the Abandon Lineage Viewer would be allowed, as it just presses the button once for you (i think thats what you meant),not very advantage giving, just handy.

Thank you for your interest. Unlike other fan sites such as hatchery, this clearly benefits in bringing eggs, so it will be difficult to distribute until i get permission😢

But for sure, I don't use these apps.😂 If you check Abandoned's Lineage and click the egg again, it usually disappears. In the case of Egg Finder, it's annoying to turn on the app.😂😂😂

Once i confirm that these apps can be distributed, i will distribute these through Github! Please look forward to it.😏

57 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

This thread has artist information on permissions. But, I suspect only TJ09 can answer the rest. 

I didn't know there was a document like this! Thank you so much. It helped me a lot. I was foolishly searching only for "License"😅

I'm afraid scripts like this are seen as a form of cheating, as far as Dragon Cave is concerned. You're not the first to make scripts like this, and while I agree they'd be very convenient, it gives users an unfair advantage. I'm pretty sure TJ has shot down these kinds of things before.

4 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

I'm afraid scripts like this are seen as a form of cheating, as far as Dragon Cave is concerned. You're not the first to make scripts like this, and while I agree they'd be very convenient, it gives users an unfair advantage. I'm pretty sure TJ has shot down these kinds of things before.

Are standalone programs also treated as scripts? This is not a program that reads a web page and automatically displays the necessary information. That means it doesn't work on the web browser(=web, online). This is not much different from using Ctrl + F on the wiki. It's just a little easier than that.

So, Is this banned even though it doesn't work on the web? Was it previously banned to be produced in the form of a standalone program rather than a script to embed on the web?

Only @TJ09 can answer your question about the programs being allowed.

Anything else coming from anyone else is practically heresay.  We can't speak for TJ.

9 minutes ago, Paradisiske said:

Only @TJ09 can answer your question about the programs being allowed.

Anything else coming from anyone else is practically heresay.  We can't speak for TJ.

It's not heresay to repeat what has been said before. TJ is busy and doesn't necessarily read every post. 

@TJ09 - do please clarify. It's certainly my understanding. from what you have said in the past, that these would fall foul of the rules. As a side issue @Kingchobab - if they don't help with game play - what is the point of them ? Why not create your own game with your own scripts ? 

It's a little simpler and more intuitive than Wiki. And I'm not good enough to make a own game. Anyway, I heard that fall foul of the rules, so I'll just stop. Thank you for letting me know.