Paradisiske

Allow 2 cbs of christmas and valentines dragons a year

@TJ09 please do us all a favour and pontificate here... :lol: (I have no horse in this race; I do my lineages by trading !)

6 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

I didn't say I only support the most extreme version. Higher limits would be better than nothing. Even if I do feel it would only be a stop-gap. I, personally, only want them raised so I can gift to other people having trouble. It's my favorite part of Halloween.  I don't really need or want more of any of them. I'm mostly making conversation on the topic.

But as many times as 2 a year has been actively shot down by TJ I don't see this as having much chance either.  It's still "math"  The only way I see it working is if it's

A. cumulative: the first year implemented everyone can have 4 total, the year after 6....otherwise everyone has different limits just from being available to catch a pair or not each year.  I can already hear the drama.

Or B. A new hard cap: instead of two everyone now can have 4 and that's it. Which, again is still better than now but will just give people more reasons to ask for even higher limits. (4 could be any number here)1

I guess this is a matter of perspective then. To me a flat cap of 2 per breed per year is no different than the limit we already have, just starting from scratch every year. There's no math involved, other than counting to 2 I suppose lol, because what you own before that year has no impact; you can grab up to 2, that is all. Making it cumulative makes it more complicated in my opinion, since math would be required to calculate the limits every year and how many you can still get based on how many you already have. 

6 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

It's still "math"  The only way I see it working is if it's

A. cumulative: the first year implemented everyone can have 4 total, the year after 6....otherwise everyone has different limits just from being available to catch a pair or not each year.  I can already hear the drama.

Or B. A new hard cap: instead of two everyone now can have 4 and that's it. Which, again is still better than now but will just give people more reasons to ask for even higher limits. (4 could be any number here)1

That's more or less what I was talking about, but it's what's @MissK. said, the system would have to calculate how many CB's everyone has. Personally I vote for cumulative.

But the idea, I suppose, it's to "reset" every scroll every year and be able to get just two of every species, which I support, yes.

11 hours ago, MissK. said:

I guess this is a matter of perspective then. To me a flat cap of 2 per breed per year is no different than the limit we already have, just starting from scratch every year. There's no math involved, other than counting to 2 I suppose lol, because what you own before that year has no impact; you can grab up to 2, that is all. Making it cumulative makes it more complicated in my opinion, since math would be required to calculate the limits every year and how many you can still get based on how many you already have. 

Agree with this.  If it's supposed to be 'no math' and preferably really simple and easy to understand, a flat cap of 2 per year seems like the way to go. And I agree it's really no different than what we have now, at least in terms of complication/math/etc. I'm not a coder, but to me it seems like it would be a lot simpler to simply add a yearly 'reset' to what we already have than to keep track of what each user has each year and each year have there be different limits. 

Support. There was a time when the flat 2CB limit was a good thing, but now it has become counter-productive. As others have pointed out, the Holiday biome gets all backed up because so many players can't pick up the eggs. And the limit makes people more inclined to be stingy than generous because we can do so few breedings for lineages.

Support for cap of two additional every year. I'd really like to have more than one of each aegis. 

Definitely support this. Every holiday the holiday biome just gets flooded with eggs that no one can take an6more because we have the limit except for Halloween.

I 100% Support the OP's suggestion. 2 per year per breed flat cap.

Now, My only question with that is, Can you breed and trade/transfer them off your scroll and pick up new ones either from the cave or by other trades/Ap, or anything? OR is it once you breed them and they are listed on your scroll you're done for the year whether you keep them or not? Because I would also like to breed some before the holiday biome opens and gift them to others and pick up more cb ones for more breeding purposes later.

2 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Now, My only question with that is, Can you breed and trade/transfer them off your scroll and pick up new ones either from the cave or by other trades/Ap, or anything? OR is it once you breed them and they are listed on your scroll you're done for the year whether you keep them or not? Because I would also like to breed some before the holiday biome opens and gift them to others and pick up more cb ones for more breeding purposes later.

I think the idea is that you can pick up an extra 2 CBs every year, regardless of whether your current ones have bred that year or even exist XD However new CBs probably will have the fake ‘cooldown’ to stop breeding in season that year.

I think they would be treated like any CB so I guess can be dropped/bred and traded :)

If I misunderstood, apologies.

I'm with team '2 per year' 

It would be a great way to keep the Holiday biome moving, as well as the AP (this was a problem I saw last year, CB old holidays sitting in the AP).

I also support the idea of them being unable to breed until next year (similar to current Holiday dragons that grow up within breeding windows)

8 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I would imagine that they would be treated the same as new CBs of the old Halloween breeds are now. They would not be able to breed the same year they are collected.

But I'm not really sure if that is what you are asking. You can't breed holiday eggs before the holiday biome opens, because the holiday biome and the ability to breed holiday eggs happen at the same time.

100% support for this suggestion. It'd be great to have more than one CB for each available holiday sprite, and I think allowing everyone to collect 2 per year is the best solution. I really hope this idea will be considered. 

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I would imagine that they would be treated the same as new CBs of the old Halloween breeds are now. They would not be able to breed the same year they are collected.

But I'm not really sure if that is what you are asking. You can't breed holiday eggs before the holiday biome opens, because the holiday biome and the ability to breed holiday eggs happen at the same time.

Ah I didn't know breeding and the biome occur simultaneously. 

To try and clarify my question (which I wrote while half asleep lol) let's say I have two hollies. I breed them and get two more hollies, which I then transfer to someone else. If I then find two more in the holiday biome, can I pick them up or am I out of luck until next year because I bred two on my scroll?

21 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

To try and clarify my question (which I wrote while half asleep lol) let's say I have two hollies. I breed them and get two more hollies, which I then transfer to someone else. If I then find two more in the holiday biome, can I pick them up or am I out of luck until next year because I bred two on my scroll?

No. You will still have 2 caveborn hollies and that is all you are allowed.

30 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

There is no limit for bred holidays. Currently, there is a limit of 2 CBs per holiday breed, which means that if you have 2 CB hollies you can breed as many as you want, and catch other bred ones from the AP, but not pick up any more CBs. What this thread suggests is that every year you can pick up 2 more CBs of each breed, which again has nothing to do with bred ones. So if you bred your 2 hollies you could then still grab 2 CBs from the biome, because the limit only affects CB dragons. You could also gift those 2 CBs, and then pick up 2 more (again and again if you want).

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Bred Hollies and CB Hollies are two entirely different things. Bred holiday dragons don't count toward your CB limit.

Currently we have a two CB limit of Christmas and Valentine breeds. If you breed the two you have you can keep them or transfer them or abandon them and it has no effect on whether you can pick up more CBs or not. Right now, with the current limits you can never have more than 2 CBs of a holiday breed. If the limits were raised by two more CBs each year, the situation would be the same. Breeding more from your original 2, whether you keep them or not, would not prevent you from picking up the 2 more CBs you would be  allowed under this suggestion.

i support having a 2 egg cb refresh

having a refresh of being able to grab 2 cb eggs per species per year would make those holidays more interactive and worth my time and likely other users time to be apart of  

no fancy things just flat every year you can grab 2 

if you werent active the year before well you lost out and the limit wont stack but if you managed to get them a year before the adult dragons wont count twoards the limit next year 

Ah Gotcha! Thank you all, I was really confused. So my statement still stands, I support the OP Suggestion of two CB per species per year.

+1 support for the 2 CBs per year. That would be super nice imo.

Absolutely support. Flat rate of 2 CBs to grab each year? Very doable and would allow fair chance to everyone and take the pressure off what to breed, with what, hunting AP for matching lineages.... I'm very much in gifting stuff to everyone I can when I'm able. It's frustrating being unable to do that.