Windy

Custom sorting dragons slows my computer

Hello! As the title says, I have a problem sorting my dragons, because it makes my computer so slow that it's borderline unusable. Waiting for the browser to load takes minutes. Is it something that happens to others too, or is it just my computer? It has no trouble with any other site. I have tried sorting my dragons in Chrome and in Microsoft Edge, the latter was a bit faster, but it's still very, very slow. 

I apologize if I'm asking this question in the wrong place, and thank you for your time reading this! 

The drag and drop custom sort is just really, really slow. Even on my high powered desktop it takes 10+ seconds before I can use it. Moving a dragon takes a couple of seconds before it even follows my pointer. I have nearly 11k dragons. The old custom sort is a bit better but no drag and drop.

Thank you for the reply! Then at least it's not my computer. I will probably have to sort by breed instead of custom sorting my dragons, as I have two years' worth of unsorted dragons piled up on my scroll. :rolleyes: 

Bite the bullet and do it very slowly the way you want it. Once it's done, you only have to bother with the new ones.

It used to work for me, but today I get an error when I try to save the sorting I just did. :( 'Page not working'

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Bite the bullet and do it very slowly the way you want it. Once it's done, you only have to bother with the new ones.

That's a good idea, I try to sort at least one breed a day,  that way I will eventually get there.  I just wish it was a bit faster, I don't remember it being this slow two years ago, but I didn't have this many dragons either. :P 

@Sheriam - I'm sorry to hear that, it must have been very annoying! I also tried sorting my dragons earlier today, but I didn't encounter any problems. 

I feel for you. I did it in the end when I was around 5k dragons. IT was AWFUL (NB - save repeatedly....) but it was worth it in the end.