Kestra62

My grave hatchling dissapeared and came back dead?

so i bred two blusang x ghosts and kept both of the babies 

well i noticed one of them grew up which i was happy for but i couldnt find the other one...so when i went to go look back at the orginal bluesangs i bred since i only have two cb blusangs i noticed that all the children was claimed except one them being a wild dragon so i was really confused about this honestly im not entirely sure what happened they had four eggs... but when i checked the linage only three dragons were there 

ive tried checking the action log to see if maybe i abandoned it but ive abandoned so many graves and other haloween hatchlings grabbing as many as i could from the ap and it doesnt list the codeand i wouodve known if i abandoned it so i check back today (i was gonna report this two days ago but i figured i abandoned it like a idiot)

i come to find out that my hatchling died now and is in my account?

im really confused what happened here

https://dragcave.net/lineage/nwBrN

Edited by Kestra62
clarification on timing of events

Eggs and growing hatchlings don't show up in the progeny/'children' list when they are fogged, so that could be why it seemed like there were only 3. As for the rest... is it possible you had it fogged, forgot about it, and it died? 

Oh true i know i had to hide one of my hatchlings cuz it got sick i mustve forgotten to unhide it...but it had 4k veiws when it died, thats plenty to grow a dragon so i dont understand why it wouldve died it didnt say any dragons were still sick on my page will dragons just die if they are fogged? if so thats kinda sucky i figured even if they are hidden if they have enough veiws to make it to adulthood theyll just grow?

edit: looks like anything refuses to grow while hidden i had to check the wiki

damn that sucks 

thanks for the help though just a case of me being to busy during halloween and being dumb and forgetful xD 

Edited by Kestra62

Hatchies need one last view to push them to adulthood, no matter how many they already have. So they will die in the fog instead of growing up when they could. A lot of people use that feature to get Zombie hatchlings without wasting kill slots. They can let them die in the fog and then attempt to revive as Zombies.