TJ09

2021-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Beautiful adults, coloring is brilliant. I really like that the female of the species is not a subdued version! I see no problem for something like this to be Halloween - it's not about gory but about hallowing the dead, so -!

I'm... not really feeling these. They look more like a regular release dragon than they do a Holiday one. The lore is pretty neat but doesn't match the dragon I feel.

Edited by Oltura

I think they're pretty cool and colourful! A unique look after all the spoopy and terrifying versions from years before so I can dig a more benevolent creature. 😄

Oh! They seem so unique amongst the Halloween breeds. Very beautiful, and I love the lore!

Like others, I love the lore! And the dragons are lovely. I can't decide whether to keep my extra or not... XD

Good work, Schenanigans! These dragons are lovely. I don't see why Halloween dragons have to be all dark and menacing. The lore makes them very appropriate as a Halloween dragon and I am glad to see something truly different for the holiday.

Ooooh, psychopomp dragons, I love it! Also happy to have more Halloween dragons that aren't just...brutal murder machines. I've never been a fan of the slasher movie, after all.

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Good work, Schenanigans! These dragons are lovely. I don't see why Halloween dragons have to be all dark and menacing. The lore makes them very appropriate as a Halloween dragon and I am glad to see something truly different for the holiday.

That was exactly why. As much as I love the dragons we have, I wanted one that is more Halloween in their lore with aspects reflected in their appearance making them possible to be more subtly spooky rather than scary. There’s plenty of traditions and beliefs surrounding Halloween that involves things not necessarily evil.

Adults are pretty. I like their rainbow wings and they'll look good with lighter colored breeds.

The adults are lovely there wings are beautiful and I really like the lore it's nice to have a change from the more menacing Halloween breeds :)

thanks everyone involved has been a lovely release 

Can't wait to have more info on this breed! They're really pretty, and I think I like the more day of the dead vibe I'm getting instead of a Halloween vibe.

These are fabulous! They replace the Graves as my favorite Halloween release. I think their colors will make for some great checkers. The lore is really cool too. Great job!

I just discovered the adults. And I absolutely love the Iridichi dragons!!!

The sprites, the lore, just everything about them!

Until now DC Halloween breeding for me was almost completely about Shadow Walkers (with the occasional Pumpkin, Witchlight, Lurker, Marrow or Grave), but now I have a second breed I want to do dozens of pretty lineages with! (Which admittedly is as much a curse as it is a blessing, considering limited egg slots, but I'll manage...)

It's kind of fitting that these are the second Halloweens after the ethereal Walkers that steal my heart, I guess.

I already see a Shadow x Iridichi lineage in my future. Far future, considering they are only breedable once a year, but I can be patient.

I always preferred the slightly melancholy, eerie, ghostly, strange-but-not-necessarily-evil vibes of Halloween themes, so these are much more up my alley than fancy candy or monsters and gore. Thank you, @schenanigans and @wheeloftime13 for giving me a second wonderful Halloween dragon! And congratulations for getting these wonderful dragons out to the cave!

And I have to say - the colouring of these dragons is masterful. The wings remind me of an autumnal evening sky (just saw one like that a few days ago), but all those colours are somewhat muted, which gives them a feel of being seen through a thin haze of fog. So they are colourful but not bright, and with the addition of the blueish grey body they have just the right feel for Autumn, twilight and things from other realms.

That said - they might not be painfully obviously "halloweeny", but they certainly are in their own way, especially if one is familiar with the wonderful display of light that the late autumn evening sun manages to work with all the mist in the cooling air in the times before and after sunset, when the world seems to get all silent, hovering between day and night.

Perfect fit between sprite and lore! Having the Iridichi conjure up the spirits of the dead from that twilight glow, so they can make peace, or find someone to right the wrongs they have to settle... Now I want to have a fantasy roleplaying campaign with these guys as centerpiece for some adventures!

Edit: Almost forgot to ask: Does Iridichi mean anything? Sounds a bit Japanese or something to me, but sadly I have absolutely no knowledge of the languages from that corner of the world.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Day of the Dead vibe ! Love that as a thought.

So gorgeous! I especially love the pose and wings on the female sprite. 

Excited to make breeding plans for next Halloween!

15 minutes ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

Until now DC Halloween breeding for me was almost completely about Shadow Walkers (with the occasional Pumpkin, Witchlight, Lurker, Marrow or Grave), but now I have a second breed I want to do dozens of pretty lineages with! (Which admittedly is as much a curse as it is a blessing, considering limited egg slots, but I'll manage...)

It's kind of fitting that these are the second Halloweens after the ethereal Walkers that steal my heart, I guess.

I already see a Shadow x Iridichi lineage in my future. Far future, considering they are only breedable once a year, but I can be patient.

I always preferred the slightly melancholy, eerie, ghostly, strange-but-not-necessarily-evil vibes of Halloween themes, so these are much more up my alley than fancy candy or monsters and gore. Thank you, @schenanigans and @wheeloftime13 for giving me a second wonderful Halloween dragon! And congratulations for getting these wonderful dragons out to the cave!

And I have to say - the colouring of these dragons is masterful. The wings remind me of an autumnal evening sky (just saw one like that a few days ago), but all those colours are somewhat muted, which gives them a feel of being seen through a thin haze of fog. So they are colourful but not bright, and with the addition of the blueish grey body they have just the right feel for Autumn, twilight and things from other realms.

That said - they might not be painfully obviously "halloweeny", but they certainly are in their own way, especially if one is familiar with the wonderful display of light that the late autumn evening sun manages to work with all the mist in the cooling air in the times before and after sunset, when the world seems to get all silent, hovering between day and night.

Perfect fit between sprite and lore! Having the Iridichi conjure up the spirits of the dead from that twilight glow, so they can make peace, or find someone to right the wrongs they have to settle... Now I want to have a fantasy roleplaying campaign with these guys as centerpiece for some adventures!

Edit: Almost forgot to ask: Does Iridichi mean anything? Sounds a bit Japanese or something to me, but sadly I have absolutely no knowledge of the languages from that corner of the world.

I think it may be a combination of 'iridescent' (Meaning colorful, like the wings). I believe the -ichi part may be another language (like Japanese as you suggested.

@wheeloftime13 I gather this was your concept. As I said before, I love it. :D

I think the female sprite is my favorite, as it was with the hatchie, but they are both lovely and I can't wait to start planning lineages with them!

@schenanigans and @wheeloftime13, the new dragons are beautiful, and their iridescent colors are glorious. They are still wonderful as Halloween dragons, being on the fairie princess side like the Pumpkins instead of the blood, bones and spectral side of the holiday. Just stunning! :wub:

1 hour ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

Well I combined a form of Iris, like the Greek rainbow messenger goddess with chi meaning the energy of life force. It was to combine rainbows as symbols of messages and linking the earthly and heavenly/spiritual planes with the energy of life as well as the inevitability of death surrounding us.

They don't strike me as super "Halloween-y", but they're nice and colorful!

Oh...the adults are gorgeous and I kind of like the fact they are not strictly Halloweeny in appearance. And the name sounds quite neat too, Iridichi...I like it. And I adored the Stage 1 hatchling. It was so small and cute.