Elzapeth

Drop down for Trick or Treating

There are a lot of images for the Halloween Trick or Treating.  For someone who has been around for YEARS, that's a hell of a lot of images.  I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having trouble loading all those images.  My suggestion is this:  have the banners act as a drop down...thingy....for the treats of that given year.  Only load the current year's treats.  This could also apply for the Egg Basket.  Lots of images, very long page, slower loading time.

Yeah, I've noticed really intense loading when grabbing treats this year, so this wouldn't be a bad idea. The first year of ToT/Eggs would need a banner made, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that having them all visible at once is, uh, infeasible.

I haven't had a problem displaying them on my laptop, but it is rough getting them to load on my phone lol.

I haven't had much issue with loading the page in general, but it does seem like this year there was often lag when I clicked on a new treat and it would redirect to the page. I don't remember it lagging like that other years. Especially since a lot of the treats in the past few years are animated, loading all those treats at once is probably taxing on slower internet or older computers. Definite support for drop-downs. (Actually I would support this just as a round-about way to get a banner for the 2010 treats, it's always bugged me that there isn't a banner at the top there.)

Support.

I also wish there was a way to "pause" or stop animated gifs so there's not ten million of them bouncing around on one page, but I guess that's a separate issue.

Support.
When I see a new treat I open in in a new tab and quickly close the opened one ,so it would reduce some pressureX)It in a way helps, or I might just be thinking so.

I wasn't aware of the issue, but as everyone does not have a computer or fast internet I support this ! 😊

Posted (edited)

Late support bump.

This would nice for both Halloween and the Festival of Eggs. Both events currently have over 700 collectables each.

Edited by 11th

Support for an accordion for both ToT and FoE. Gives some additional emphasis on the banners as well, which is nice 

I did notice a bit of lag with the eggs this year, so I think this might be helpful. Support.

If implemented, I’d love an “expand all” button on top for the times I want to just look at them all. 
However, even without it, I’ll still support this suggestion as it seems unfair that some people struggle to look at them all.

Alternatively, I’d like some optimisation of how it loads. But I assume it’s a challenge to know if a user want to see oldest first or is just after the newest when they click on the badge. 🤔

Just noticed this thread.  I had a horrible time this year grabbing easter eggs, load times were choking my computer to a stand still.  Was even resorting to a second browser to grab them to try to minimize the problems with the main browser I use.  Seems like it would work best to just show the current year you are gathering when you pick up the egg in the cave.  Then have click downs or whatever to display the egg years you want to see.  They are all nice but all at once is getting a bit too much.