Malurosa

ANSWERED:Would there be any more morphologies for dragons?

Currently, there are 9 distinct morphologies: 

• Amphipteres, which are legless dragons with serpentine bodies and wings
  • Drakes, which are a distinct species similar to western dragons
  • Eastern Dragons, which are four-legged dragons without wings and having serpentine bodies
  • Lindwyrms, which are like amphipteres but with forelegs
  • Sea Serpents, which are dragons with fins
  • Western Dragons, which are are four-legged dragons with wings
  • Wingless Dragons, which are four-legged dragons without wings but without serpentine bodies
  • Wyrms, which are serpentine, legless, and wingless dragons
  • Wyverns, which have two wings and two legs like a bird

But do these cover all possible dragon types? Or might there be more?

Obviously, something like a Hallucigenia wouldn't really fit, but it also obviously wouldn't be a dragon. However, there are some new morphologies that could exist, in my opinion. For example:

• proper wingless lindwyrm: It's as different from the existing ones as wingless dragons and wyrms are from western dragons and amphipteres
  • A winged eastern dragon: See above
  • A dragon with only two hindlegs: Also see above
  • A western/eastern/wingless dragon with extra legs: This is dubious, as the morphology differences don't seem completely based on leg number
  • A legless dragon that isn't serpentine: This is also dubious; while it definitely is distinct from the others, it also doesn't seem like a likely dragon form

Do you not count the different two-head and pygmy body types as different morphologies? I would think at the *very* least DC has (9) plus (6) two-head morphologies plus (5) pygmy morphologies (not totally sure about the numbers, going off the wiki.) I'm no expert on definitions but it would seem to me that a 'two-head (whatever)' would be morphologically distinct from a 'regular' one-head. 

That said, new morphologies in DC would be interesting. We have breeds that kind of skirt the lines of what they are supposed to be (Terrae, which are designated as Wingless even though one gender does have wings, for example) but I'm unsure just how different a body type would need to be in order to be classified as a completely new morphology. (And for what it's worth, there are a few breeds with official-designations that are different from what the spriter sees them as, like the Radiant Angel which is officially a Western but the spriter has called it a Winged Eastern.)

New morphologies will come IF someone creates a dragon with a new morphology to be released into this game.

1 minute ago, Paradisiske said:

New morphologies will come IF someone creates a dragon with a new morphology to be released into this game.

This is a good point. We *have* gotten new types of two-heads and pygmies in the last couple years, body-types that were not in the game before, so it's not like DC is closed off to new body types. But regardless of who might want what or how cool new types might be, none of it is going to happen without actual concepts being worked on and submitted.