AsymDoll13

New Animal Crossing New Horizons (since the other topic died)

I noticed that no one has replied in the other thread since like August 2020, so I thought maybe I'd start a new thread for it. 

Who's your favorite villager?

tangy is my beloved. 

Edited by SomeRandomCorviknight

Tangy is pretty cool. I love Marshall and Sherb. Oh and Rodeo. But my favorite is Chief. He's a good boy. 

I just restarted my island, and I have Bam. He's precious. I love that blue boy. 

Ah man I haven't thought about ACNH for like a year now lol.

Favourite villager? gotta be Octavian for me, I love the cranky villagers but he's more special cause there's so few octopi so it sets him apart

I also got given a pretty funny nickname from Bud, he started calling me Vitamin L (I used my real name in ACNH so it's L)....I didn't particularly like Bud but I always let him stay cause of that.

I really want to restart my Island since I haven't touched it in so long and because 2.0 is out/coming out but I also don't want to restart because I'll lose Octavian aka my favourite little octopus and Audie (who is also pretty great) and I have no guaranteed way to get them back as I found them on a random islands early on lol.

I restarted, and I'm so happy. My other island had Sherb, Marshall and a few others that I love, but I did it anyway. It's been fun restarting since I had so much stuff already, and it was starting to get sorta boring. I have a few cool people on my island (and I'm getting Raymond soon enough~)

@smokeytripod You can buy the cards off places like Etsy for fairly cheap. ^^

Edited by AsymDoll13

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I restarted, and I'm so happy. My other island had Sherb, Marshall and a few others that I love, but I did it anyway. It's been fun restarting since I had so much stuff already, and it was starting to get sorta boring. I have a few cool people on my island (and I'm getting Raymond soon enough~)

@smokeytripod You can buy the cards off places like Etsy for fairly cheap. ^^

Oh really? do those cards work on a Switch Lite? if they do I'd definitely reset my island then, maybe then I will finally be rid of Beardo and Pietro lol.

On my island I currently have Octavian, Audie, Beardo, Pietro, Tank, Bud, Reneigh, Velma, Amelia and Olaf....I think there's only like 3 maybe 4 out oy my group I like lol.

Yep! They work fine on the Switch Lite (had one of those before I found my ACNH Switch ^^). They're easy to find, and easy to make really. 

Just the newest series are so expensive, be careful. You can easily check and see if what your favorites series is. 

I genuinely need to get back into a regular habit of playing ACNH for at least 20ish minutes a day :C I'm currently contemplating whether or not I should get the Happy Home DLC since I've almost never been a fan of Happy Home lol Never was interested in trying to model my home/rooms or such but it could be worth it to unlock new things for my island.

@ValidEmotions I liked Happy Home, but it wasn't my favorite. I have the DLC though, and it's actually a lot of fun somehow. But I don't think it's essential to the game at all. 

Didn't play the game for over a year, but I got back at it because of the newest update! Love that the villagers feels more alive now!

Well I reset my island lol, not gonna lie I'm slightly happy about it since my new layouts river entrances, airport etc are in slightly better spots then my last island and I got Rowan as my jock villager (looks better then Bud) only things that bug me is I got apples again as my native fruit and I got some stupid frog called Diva as my sisterly villager....I hate the frog villagers lol.

Rowan looks pretty cool. I'm not a fan of the frog villagers either, but Diva's pretty cool. I actually like her a lot. lol

18 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

Well I reset my island lol, not gonna lie I'm slightly happy about it since my new layouts river entrances, airport etc are in slightly better spots then my last island and I got Rowan as my jock villager (looks better then Bud) only things that bug me is I got apples again as my native fruit and I got some stupid frog called Diva as my sisterly villager....I hate the frog villagers lol.

I commend anyone with the courage to restart their island x.x I can't. Not when I've unlocked so much. 

2 hours ago, ValidEmotions said:

I commend anyone with the courage to restart their island x.x I can't. Not when I've unlocked so much. 

In all fairness my island was pretty rubbish anyway since I'd only played like a month before forgetting about it lol, about the only thing that annoys me is I lost a ton of DIY recipes and Octavian but thats about it, all can be replaced eventually/ I can buy a card for Octavian lol. 

On 11/12/2021 at 7:03 AM, AsymDoll13 said:

Yep! They work fine on the Switch Lite (had one of those before I found my ACNH Switch ^^). They're easy to find, and easy to make really. 

Just the newest series are so expensive, be careful. You can easily check and see if what your favorites series is. 

how do you make them? 

ty!

I saw ACNH shirts in a store i went to today. I didn't get one as it's nearly christmas + i already bought a different tshirt from that shop, but it was cool.

Edited by SomeRandomCorviknight

I like the garden update too! Too bad the sloth that sell them doesn't give the one I need for now. The island of the day thing makes most of my veggies for now lol. (Saying sloth instead of the name because my game is French and I don't remember the english name atm xD)

Got golden roses and a gold watering can from a friend who didn't stop playing. Her island is so pretty and full of life, I would be jealous if I wasn't that adamant of letting mine as wild as possible. What's the point of living on a island if it's just to make it all rural and city-like? lol. I highly respect people who take the time to do stuff with their island and customize it, but I wish it wasn't that necessary to the the five stars!

I like having a wild island too. I fix up a few spaces, but mostly I keep it fairly crazy (especially on the cliffs). Although on this island, I've made a cute zen garden-esque area on a cliff, complete with bamboo and the like. 

Do you actually need a 5 star island for anything though? I know getting to 3 stars gets KK Slider to visit and gives you terraforming so thats all I ever went for lol.

You get a special flower called a Jacob's Ladder, and... that's it. As far as I know. Maybe the golden watering can recipe?