calona

Saving an image of my scroll ?

Hi everyone ! 😊

I was thinking, is there a way to "save" an image of our scrolls, other than multiple screenshots ?

It is a very vague idea, but when the cave is down or maybe in, I don't know, 50 years, if the website doesn't exist anymore, I was wondering about doing something to continue seeing the dragons, even without interacting ?

I really like my sort order, I like seeing my dragons and their names, and I would be very sad to lose all of that, so that's why I'm thinking about this !

You can do it page by page by saving as pdf. I've done that several times.

Oooh I never thought of that, but it's a nice way to save it ! Thank you ! 🙂 That solves my problem already !

Out of curiosity, it seems I can save the page in html format too, but I have no knowledge in web development, could that be another way of doing this ? Saving in html and opening it in "local" ? 

Edited by calona

Yes - but after a few years such pages have a nasty habit of - I can only call it degrading - quite a few I have saved from other place over the years seem to lose their images and so on.

I'm not sure which browser or operating system you're using, but of you try to print a webpage with Ctrl+P / Cmd+P, you should be able to save it as a PDF. :)

Edited by 0x08

I think calona agreed with that already....

16 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes - but after a few years such pages have a nasty habit of - I can only call it degrading - quite a few I have saved from other place over the years seem to lose their images and so on.

Ah I see ! I had problems with image hosting site that close, so it could be related. Thank you ! 🙂 

15 hours ago, 0x08 said:

I'm not sure which browser or operating system you're using, but of you try to print a webpage with Ctrl+P / Cmd+P, you should be able to save it as a PDF. :)

I figured it out, but it's a little trick that some people might not know so thank you for this ! 😊 But yeah, so far I think it will be my preferred method for keeping a trace !

1 hour ago, calona said:

I figured it out, but it's a little trick that some people might not know so thank you for this ! 😊 But yeah, so far I think it will be my preferred method for keeping a trace !

I can just rightclick and choose save as pdf. (Opera.)

14 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I can just rightclick and choose save as pdf. (Opera.)

Oh, I don't have that option on Chrome ! (At least I can't find it.) When I do "right click" and "save as" (I mean the equivalent in french), I can only save it as html formats. However, doing "right click" and "print" permits to save it as a PDF ! 😃