TJ09

2021-10-04 - Trick or Treat Submissions

On 10/4/2021 at 9:07 AM, spatio said:

Yes, your treat submissions should be cropped to the outline of your treat (so there is no "blank space" between the outline of your treat and the edge of the image) and any remaining background pixels should be transparent.  The only exception would be if you are using the background as a scene (like these treats: ToT_2019_29.gifToT_2019_08.gif)

Thank you 😁

Good luck everyone :) carnt wait to see all the amazing designs, and even more so in collecting and and finding them

Pixel art is a lot harder than it looks. Definitely opens up a new avenue of learning when you start trying it.

Good luck to everyone!

What's the longest time between feedback? I'm trying not to agonize and just tell myself it's due to the huge pool they're probably wadding through.

Makes me wonder though, which one has more interest from the forum, the Trick or Treat or the Festival of Eggs? Does anyone know the number of submissions for each yearly event?

I'd say that having days at a time between feedback is totally normal when submitting for the events.

As for your other question, I had these list saved for the yearly amount of each event.

FoE Count
2010 - 38
2011 - 53
2012 - 42
2013 - 51
2014 - 55
2015 - 62
2016 - 60
2017 - 56
2018 - 54
2019 - 62
2020 - 60
2021 - 60

Treat Count
2010 - 94
2011 - skipped lol
2012 - 59
2013 - 45
2014 - 43
2015 - 62
2016 - 54
2017 - 50
2018 - 49
2019 - 58
2020 - 50
2021 - 50

I'd imagine that interest is roughly the same between the two events. That said, it seems that slightly more eggs are used than treats.

I've not heard back for a few days either. I don't think I'll have time to make ammendments if it's needed. 😟

I figure no news is good news.  Every time I've had something that needed amending, I heard about it within a day or two.

My submission for this year hasn't been opened in 9 days. Last year, I received feedback in 7 days and acknowledgment of the revised version in 3 days. 

Edited by Natevaelle

21 hours ago, chariset said:

I figure no news is good news.  Every time I've had something that needed amending, I heard about it within a day or two.

This is what I'm hoping for too.

I heard back within 2 days about revisions, and after submitting my updated changes I never heard back (though it looks like the message was opened the day I sent it)? For Festival of Eggs I remember getting an acknowledgement of some sort like 'thanks for your submission'? Though I can't imagine how many submissions/revision cycles they have to go through

On 10/13/2021 at 11:06 PM, XDLugia said:

I'd say that having days at a time between feedback is totally normal when submitting for the events.

^ There's a person behind the account and a team of people providing feedback, they all have to coordinate and people have lives! Thank you for your patience.

There will be a final message when a treat has reached 'completion' level, though this is not a guarantee it will be included - all treats can be vetoed by TJ.

It's not unusual for submissions to take several days for review. I can't think of any of mine that were reviewed within a week of submitting them. Granted, it does get a bit scary when it's so close to the deadline.

Edited by Ashywolf

On 10/13/2021 at 9:06 PM, XDLugia said:

As for your other question, I had these list saved for the yearly amount of each event.

FoE Count
2010 - 38
2011 - 53
2012 - 42
2013 - 51
2014 - 55
2015 - 62
2016 - 60
2017 - 56
2018 - 54
2019 - 62
2020 - 60
2021 - 60

Treat Count
2010 - 94
2011 - skipped lol
2012 - 59
2013 - 45
2014 - 43
2015 - 62
2016 - 54
2017 - 50
2018 - 49
2019 - 58
2020 - 50
2021 - 50

I'd imagine that interest is roughly the same between the two events. That said, it seems that slightly more eggs are used than treats.

Thanks XDLugia for that list. I'm just wondering how many guys do you guys review each year. I'm thinking a few hundred total submissions at least, no?

I just resubmitted mine. Considering it's 3 days to the deadline, I'm guessing this will be my final chance. Good luck everyone!

Edited by Spyridon

Oooof I meant to get mine in sooner, and life got in the way. Just got my first try in a few hours ago. I hope it will be good enough!

I'm sure my edited treat won't get picked this time either, but good luck to everyone else!!!! Plus, it gives me practice. Pixel are is hard to do with daily migraines. LOL

Every time I log in and glance at my message icon, I am filled with anticipation and dread 😁

9 hours ago, wobster109 said:

Every time I log in and glance at my message icon, I am filled with anticipation and dread 😁

Same here as well as when I check my email inbox. 😳

The suspense definitely increases after the deadline. I assume after this point there won't be any accepted edits if the submission doesn't pass review.

That was my original assumption too. But now I wonder. For Festival of Eggs, Kaini posted that the quota was met on Mar 30, and the original deadline was Mar 31. Now that the deadline has come and passed, does that mean the Trick or Treat quota wasn't filled? I wonder if they'll allow edits to reach the quota.

20 hours ago, wobster109 said:

That was my original assumption too. But now I wonder. For Festival of Eggs, Kaini posted that the quota was met on Mar 30, and the original deadline was Mar 31. Now that the deadline has come and passed, does that mean the Trick or Treat quota wasn't filled? I wonder if they'll allow edits to reach the quota.

I maybe wrong but I think the official DC spriters fill up the quota since they're used to spriting. Making pixel art is hard. XD

PS: I just a reply back from The Powers That Be. *dies* 🤪

Edited by Spyridon

4 hours ago, Glaciarie said:

Oh no I missed the deadline :(

Send it anyway! Just in case.

18 hours ago, Spyridon said:

PS: I just a reply back from The Powers That Be. *dies* 🤪

Lol I was trying not to be nosy but the suspense is killing me! What did it say? Was yours accepted? Did it ask for edits? Are they taking edits? *also dies*