TJ09

2021-10-04 - Trick or Treat Submissions

We've been opening up submissions for the annual Festival of Eggs and the Halloween Trick-or-Treat events to community submissions for some time now. Both events have been receiving a lot interest, so we're continuing the process this year.

All submissions must be sent via PM to @Event Art Submissions. The deadline for submissions is October 20.

Here's some base guidelines:

• Treats should be generally Halloween-themed, not just random objects.
  • Size limit of 50x50px.
  • Images must be submitted in PNG or GIF form.
  • Treats must be pixel art, which generally means that overall color count is limited and pixels are intentionally placed. Do not use filters or anti-aliased tools such as Photoshop's paint brush.
  • Treats may be animated, but should not use rapid or flashing effects.
    • Animated PNGs are allowed, but your mileage may vary.
    • The first frame of animation should be identifiable, to accommodate situations where animations are disabled.
  • Semi-transparency is allowed.
  • Images must not be shared publicly before the event begins.
  • Images should not have blank space around the outer edges.
  • Treats should not use the egg base (save those for the Festival of Eggs).
  • Treats may be rejected for reasons other than those in this post—namely, there will be a general quality bar. We'll try to provide useful feedback around rejections.
  • Only one submission will be accepted per-person, unless otherwise announced.

There are a limited number of spots available. Art will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis which only applies when the art is deemed to meet all of the above guidelines (that is, if you need to make changes and resubmit, that bumps you to the back of the line).

By submitting art to the Trick or Treat event, you grant Dragon Cave a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license to host, use, distribute, modify, copy, display, and create derivative works of your content. You can end this license any time by contacting us, though the art may not be immediately deleted. The license also ends immediately upon notice from us that the art will not be used in the event.

Yaaayyy! The season has begun! One of these years I'll get brave (and motivated) enough to try my hand at this, but for now I'll just cheer in excitement!

Good luck to those entering, can’t wait to see what ya’ll come up with.

Oh man, time to polish a little eye-dea i've had in mind. Can't wait to see what ya'all come up with this year!

Oh, my. I'm going to participate. How do I do this? Is PM a message from a tagged account?

Edited by eunjae97

12 minutes ago, eunjae97 said:

Oh, my. I'm going to participate. How do I do this? Is PM a message from a tagged account?

A PM is a private message. You directly message the account mentioned in the opening post.

9 hours ago, Mellowsrule said:

Does the background have to be transparent?

Yes, your treat submissions should be cropped to the outline of your treat (so there is no "blank space" between the outline of your treat and the edge of the image) and any remaining background pixels should be transparent.  The only exception would be if you are using the background as a scene (like these treats: ToT_2019_29.gifToT_2019_08.gif)

My favorite time of year is coming and you fine artists will be helping to make it great!  Many thanks in advance.  :D

Very excited for this year!!! Definitely gonna gather all the treats again this year, then hopefully get to collecting ones from the previous years!! :D

Early but very excited thanks to the artists participating this year :D!!!

4 hours ago, Hootsy said:

Very excited for this year!!! Definitely gonna gather all the treats again this year, then hopefully get to collecting ones from the previous years!! :D

Early but very excited thanks to the artists participating this year :D!!!

wait is that possible?? :0

33 minutes ago, iiKrina said:

wait is that possible?? :0

It was with the Easter eggs this year so we're hopeful it will happen at Halloween, too. Once you got all the 2021 eggs, the older ones (if you were missing any) started appearing.

Good luck to all the amazing spriters out there!

37 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It was with the Easter eggs this year so we're hopeful it will happen at Halloween, too. Once you got all the 2021 eggs, the older ones (if you were missing any) started appearing.

ahh i really hope that'll always be the case from now on, i missed it 🙃

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Hahahahha oh my gosh. If that's true, I'm going to be VERY VERY busy....  my playing tapered off about 2013. 

I'll submit another treat this year. I hope it gets accepted!
If it is, I also hope people get a laugh out of it. xD

Excited to submit a treat this year!

Not going to leave it until the last minute like I did with the Festival of Eggs, but I'm looking forward to seeing all the treats!