SomeRandomCorviknight

Some BSA that speeds up celestial corporealize time

Not sure what dragon it'd be on, but a BSA would be really useful. Waiting a month is painful. I suggest using it decreases the time by one week and can only be used once on a dragon before it corporealizes again. 

Not sure about this... I understand the month-long cooldown is a pain, but that's kind of the trade-off for Celestials being able to multi-clutch. I don't outright dislike this suggestion but I feel like it may be a case where if we want a shorter cooldown we'd have to have a trade-off like reducing or eliminating multi-clutches, which I certainly wouldn't want. 

BSAs should also make sense for the dragon they are assigned to and shouldn't be shoehorned in on a dragon just because the ability is wanted. I'm not sure what breed this would make sense for, especially if it's intended only for Celestials... I can see certain breeds helping shorten cooldowns in some way, but I'm not sure what the reasoning would be to *only* shorten Celestial's cooldown and nothing else. 

I'm with Heather here. But f you want this BSA - time to design a dragon with that power :) 

Sadly agree w Heather and Fuzz - the long cooldown is the cost for multiclutch as much as it is a pain 😕 

If only they would dependably multiclutch. When it gets frustrating is when you get only one, or maybe no egg at all. So I understand the motivation for this suggestion, but you can't just wish for a BSA without a dragon that it would fit.

I also feel like this is something that would fit in the unreasonable demands thread. 😸 There are so many things that would be nice to have, but...

That said, I completely understand your frustration! It can be annoying especially when you don't get any eggs from your pair, and they are lineaged dragons so you can't just simply replace that celestial with another one to try again sooner.

While month can feel like an eternity in a sense that one can't breed their Celestials duration of that time, a month can pass surprisingly fast. I do sympathize with cooldown being one month is annoying... one can just focus on something else meanwhile. Other projects and with somewhat consistent pace that new breeds are being released, I personally keep just forgetting about the Celestials (unless I would set reminder).

I would understand if someone would solely concentrate on Celestials as project dragons, cooldown is valid concern at the beginning. But even then one could accumulate such a big amount of them that eventually that one month for BSA cooldown would just feel redundant and pointless, making BSA that would speed things along also pointless and redundant in the long run.

Multiclutch has been addressed few times already, so I am not going to even touch that reason.

On 10/11/2021 at 6:19 AM, Varislapsi said:

I also feel like this is something that would fit in the unreasonable demands thread. 😸 

heh, i think i posted this there earlier this year. This thread was more of a "hmm, i wonder what others would think of this" then a "TJ SHOULD ADD THIS TO THE GAME!".

On 10/4/2021 at 8:25 PM, Falorni said:

Sadly agree w Heather and Fuzz - the long cooldown is the cost for multiclutch as much as it is a pain 😕 

yeah, i agree, multiclutch is probably worth the trade off. Also, very off-topic but i like the glowbacks in your signature XD

On 10/4/2021 at 4:12 PM, HeatherMarie said:

. I can see certain breeds helping shorten cooldowns in some way

That'd be an interesting idea! :D

Edited by SomeRandomCorviknight

I rarely use my Celestials, but a friend of mine keeps even pairs and just breeds them each week.

So week 1 is Celestials A,B,C,D

Week 2 is E,F,G,H

And so on. This way, she can work on her breeding projects without needing to wait.

That aside, I don't know how beneficial a BSA that only affects Celestials would be to the general population. Perhaps, and this is just a thought;

What if a time-aligned [makes the most sense lore-wise to me] dragon was given a BSA that reduce time remaining on any BSA cool down?

How much time would depend on the cooldown.

1 week - 1 or 2 days

2 weeks - somewhere between 3 to 6 days

1 month - full week reduction

*BSA's with a 1 day cool down would not be affected by this*

This could potentially help Celestial breeders (while not disrupting the current way they work) while also helping others

On 10/13/2021 at 2:07 AM, ShorahNagi said:

talking 

oooh, that'd be a cool idea! :D

(as long as it only effects BSA and not breeding etc)