AsymDoll13

Writers

Hi guys! I like to write (mostly fiction and fanfics, just boring stuff). Anyone else??

Question: Does anyone write horror? I'm not good at it, and I was hoping for tips~ ^^

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Hi guys! I like to write (mostly fiction and fanfics, just boring stuff). Anyone else??

Question: Does anyone write horror? I'm not good at it, and I was hoping for tips~ ^^

not a writer, but what fandoms do you write for?

It used to be Hetalia and other animes, but lately it's been the Kpop fandom. lol. It's embarrassing to admit. 

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

It used to be Hetalia and other animes, but lately it's been the Kpop fandom. lol. It's embarrassing to admit. 

haha don't worry i read fanfiction about people playing minecraft unironically 

Oh jeez. lol. Good. I don't feel so weird now. But... well, maybe a little weird. 

I write original stuff too though~ 

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Oh jeez. lol. Good. I don't feel so weird now. But... well, maybe a little weird. 

I write original stuff too though~ 

oooh, like what? 

Oh let's see... Um...

I have a story that I've been working on for a little while now about a monster cafe with a human that works there with the others, such as a Harpy and the boss is a Seven Deadly Sin (Lust). His friend in that is a Wendigo, who is my son. lol

One time for Nanowrimo, I wrote a story about superheroes and the main character was a guy whose tattooes came alive. He was fun. 

I used to write a lot, but it's been awhile. 

i've been writing a pokemon webcomic for 6.5 years now, and i've been enjoying that. i mostly stick to cartoon drama, but it's let me dip into some horror elements in some upcoming scenes that were fun to write, and i'm excited to draw. i have a lot of trouble getting my ideas fleshed out beyond the comic, though

1 hour ago, Tehpikachu said:

i've been writing a pokemon webcomic for 6.5 years now, and i've been enjoying that. i mostly stick to cartoon drama, but it's let me dip into some horror elements in some upcoming scenes that were fun to write, and i'm excited to draw. i have a lot of trouble getting my ideas fleshed out beyond the comic, though

ooo, will check that out! i like reading webcomics

11 hours ago, Tehpikachu said:

That's so cool! I'd love to do something like that, but I'm not good at drawing, so... lol

I have a couple of stories on FanFiction that I wrote a while back. I was writing a whole series but I've been pretty busy lately. Also I have a blog on WordPress and I recently published a book on Amazon 😁

I don't write horror, but I used to be big into reading horror and playing horror video games. I especially like horror that is based on reality as it makes it even more believable to me.  I say read a bunch of different horror books and figure out what they do that you like and see if you can emulate it.

Edited by Queen Firebreath

Not a bad idea at all! I used to post on fanfiction.net. But it's been a long time and I'm rather embarrassed. lol

I never told anyone about my fanfiction until I met people who also wrote it. Mine is at least based on video game lore, but theirs was all one shots and romantic rated M stuff with anime characters, so I didn't feel so bad about mine, lol.

I think the first fan fiction I did was Harry Potter. It's written in a notebook somewhere. I remember I kept it hidden and my brother found it and read it out loud to the rest of my family. I was so embarrassed 😅

Used to write fiction and a lot of written RPGs, via email and also on the boards here. Then sadly real life occurred.

Published four academic papers and presented at conference as well. I have at least two more papers I need to find the energy to finish and put out to publishers for interest.

I enjoy writing periodically. Sometimes, it's cringy poems and such, and other times, I'm working on my paracosm, since I started trying to properly flesh out the world (or at least one of the locations) a few years ago, rather than just playing it by ear like I used to. I did write one fanfic once, it was Undertale lol. Unfortunately, I don't remember what the account was, or where I put it, but I'll try to find it.

@Kestra15The only paper that I've written that was longer than ten or so pages was my Capstone for my last year of college, and it was about Marie Antoinette. I can knock a school paper out in a few hours now since my amazingly useful history degree/English minor. lol

@Draconiusultamius I used to write the cringiest poetry/songs in high school. Thought I was so freaking cool. Ugh. 

I approve. I'm 30 and my writing has gotten no better. Still much cringe. 

My editor has asked for another article by 1st March, which I've agreed to. Will be my fourth publication with them. Also hunting around for someone to publish a project I started on before the world ended, but don't know how successful it will be.

Dervish: We're doing NaNoWriMo this year and I contributed at least a chapter to our project so far. It's a middle grade story about a plural wyvern.  We realized Dragon Cave accidentally inspired some parts of it (mostly with species naming) so that's why we've been getting back into the site. 

A couple of us also have their own small personal projects but I don't know what most of them are doing. 

I'm doing Nanowrimo, but... it's... ah. Not going well. Only 2005 words or so. Oops. 

I wrote a Gorillaz and a Portal fanfic once.

Right now I try to write down every bit of conversation between my OCs that just go in my head like daydreams, to eventually be able to make a story or comic out of all the funny little situations they spontaneously get in.

Or write down the crazy dreams I have all the time as ideas for new stories. Most of them don't go anywhere though and I am bad at writing altogether.

But even tho I just do it for myself, I do notice that I read every bit I wrote three times in excitement because I love it and my Characters so much.

Write no matter what, I think. I'm not the best writer (my grammar isn't great), but it's all good. ^^ I just enjoy writing.